This topic contains 57 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Irishbandit
    Participant

That is a cool pet. 🙂 🙂

Stil8
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

That is a cool pet. 🙂 🙂

Indeed!!! 8) All Arthropoda come second on my list of cute creatures 😀

But Mollusca (snails to be more precise) are the cutest of all!!!

Check these babies out: [attachment=0:2pi2268z]Picture 008.jpg[/attachment:2pi2268z]

Unfortunately, Buddy passed away a very long time ago for reasons beyond my understanding, but all the others (8) are doing fine…In fact, they are starting to mate now and it is all so cute.! 😀

HumanBean
    Participant

Cute snails! What kind are they? I’ve read that African Snails (think that was them) grow up to 6″ – which would be real neat to have one. Here in the USA, though, they’re banned… so unless I can find a black snail market I’m out of luck. I really wanted one.

Story goes in Florida that a kid got a few of them, and let them into the wild. Well, not long after there were around 150,000 and they were ravaging the environment there… and it cost a lot of money to remove them.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

She/He is very pretty =)

Stil8
    Participant

@humanbean wrote:

Cute snails! What kind are they? I’ve read that African Snails (think that was them) grow up to 6″ – which would be real neat to have one. Here in the USA, though, they’re banned… so unless I can find a black snail market I’m out of luck. I really wanted one.

Story goes in Florida that a kid got a few of them, and let them into the wild. Well, not long after there were around 150,000 and they were ravaging the environment there… and it cost a lot of money to remove them.

Most of them are grove/white lipped snails (cepaea nemoralis) and I think one is a cepaea hortensis and another one (a tiny one) might be Monacha cantiana…

Yeah, Giant African Land Snails are my dream pet… They are so cute, but there are none in my area. They can produce like 100 eggs per laying… And with the lack of natural predators in Florida it is possible for them to flourish!

But still, cool centipede! I hear small invertebrates are really happy when they have humans as pets 😆 .

HumanBean
    Participant

Stil^^8,

My centipede looks like one of your cute snails today – all slimey, haha! I was right; she was getting ready to moult and was doing so when I just got home now. I didn’t know it would happen so quick, though. I checked under the log, and she wasn’t there… so very, very gently scraped away dirt. Well, I saw her bottom (it was sexy, lol) and it was very dark brown and she moved forward sluggishly (luckily) against the glass. I can’t see anymore, but I’m not going to force her out of her burrow. She’s also ok, because after this pic, a cricket bumped into her antenna and she burrowed down a bit more (yet luckily still next to glass so I can monitor). Here is a pic:

I’m so lucky to get this a couple weeks before it was ready to moult. I mean, how amazing is nature? I wish we could moult and regrow legs/body parts. 😀

I misted that end of the cage more so she’ll have moisture to keep her slimey. I’ll take more pics throughout the process – read it’ll be a couple days till her new shell hardens, etc.

Stil8
    Participant

So now we know that your friend is a she-pede… And awww, she does look cute, not slimy, but it looks like she is smiling 😀 .

And the cricket think sounded so cute!

Now I have to go prepare my underground bomb shelter…

HumanBean
    Participant

Haha, why prepare an underground bomb shelter when you can live in Vault 101? (Fallout 3 was such an AWESOME game). I’m actually preparing for zombies here.

Well, it has been a few days after the molt but Renae (Yep, def a she-ped. Renae is Latin for reborn :D) still looks similar. I wonder how quickly they molt after a molt? She’s still finicky, hiding a lot, and not hungry. If anyone knows anything about centipedes (hard to find info!) lemmi know. 🙂

She might get hungry soon, though – one of the mice was preliminarily kissing his ass for some reason.

xtc
    Participant

This is my friends’ dog, irish terier Jinny. I am taking care of her while they are traveling. She has very nice personality and friendly with absolutely everyone, including cats.

[attachment=0:3ek4iqza]sobaka2.jpg[/attachment:3ek4iqza]
    [attachment=1:3ek4iqza]outside.jpg[/attachment:3ek4iqza]
    [attachment=2:3ek4iqza]sleeping.jpg[/attachment:3ek4iqza]
    [attachment=3:3ek4iqza]rain.jpg[/attachment:3ek4iqza]

Irishbandit
    Participant

Cute dog.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Diojee passed away Saturday, the day after I turned 40 my best friend left this world. R.I.P. Diojee!!!

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear that, Pastor. Our pets become so much more than just “property”, they become part of you. They’re living, breathing creatures that not only feel love, but give it freely. I don’t have any doubt that he loved the life he had with you and your family just as much as you all loved him.

Rest in peace, Diojee. 🙁

Viking62
    Participant

Hlo POM & NMS- Sorry to hear about your pal Diogee:( Belated Happy Birthday also. I lost my dog Dana(The Lab I shared in this forum)about 2 months ago(had to have her put to sleep). I had her almost ten years-I share you and your families grief my friend. I am so sorry!! I wish you all the best as with all my ol’ friends here on scorched…. Hope everyone is doing ok! 8)

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Appreciate the support guys. The hardest part of having a pet is the fact that we usually outlive them.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.