This topic contains 57 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

LOL TOO GOOD CHOPPER !!!@chopper wrote:

Only a Viking would keep cows for pets….. πŸ˜†

Like the horn thing huh?……….

How ya been Vike……..havent gotten to trade hammers with ya in a while

It was as obvious as it could be too and we all looked right through it. Good catch.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

This is the newest addition to the family. His momma was ran over by accident and he is only 3 weeks old. He wasn’t weaned yet so we took him on as a family project. He is currently eating goats milk, whole milk, with puppy chow dissolved in it. He is a playful little sucker and the kids have named him Speels-Chulbula which is playfull in Dutch and Hindi (ellie and I call him Chewy).

The last picture is of his “pottie box” the kids built him a restroom that he is actually learning to use. Note the box in the corner with the small papertowels cut into squares. That is supposed to be his toilet paper :).

Irishbandit
    Participant

Cute glad you got a new puppy. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

We lost a member of the family this past week.
    Missy.. πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯
    viewtopic.php?p=46923#p46923

Viking62
    Participant

Cute pup Pastors…… hope the lil thing does ok;)

Irish–Sorry for your loss:(

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Sorry to hear Irish πŸ™

Irishbandit
    Participant

Thank-you guys… is appreciated.
    I am happy you got a new puppy pom that made me smile. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Good memories are a life savior and can not be taken away.

Rommel
    Participant

To the POMs:

PUPPY BREATH !!! How I miss that.

To Irishbandit:

My sympathy on your loss. Those that have animals may not consider it a big deal but those that have “pets” understand it was a member of your family.

Best wishes to you all,

Rommel

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

Long overdue to post here:

To say that pets have been a part of my life is an understatement. Over the course of my life, I’ve had more pets then I can even count. They can bring so much happiness and yet, ask nothing in return but food, water, a warm place to sleep, and love.

8 years ago almost to the day, our neighbors found a little pup wandering around our cul-de-sac. Since we had no idea where the pup came from, we brought him in.

He couldn’t have been more than 8 weeks old. Cold and hungry, we warmed up a towel while my mom went out to get some puppy food. I remember holding him and feeling him shivering and whimpering. Soon, the shivering had subsided and the whimpering turned to silence. We kept him that night and decided to try to find the owners the next day.

Since we couldn’t find them, we decided to keep him. And to be honest, after looking into his little brown eyes, his short little ears and his big paws, I really didn’t want to find the owners. After a day or so, we did. It turned out that some kid had got him from someone that was giving him away, but couldn’t keep him, either. So, he decided to put him in a box (along with some french fries) and just drop him off at someone else’s house. The little pup ended up getting out of the box and started wandering around.

Since that night, my life hasn’t been the same. He’s been with me through so many of life’s worst things… and he’s always there with that goofy grin, ready to listen to me with his undersized ears, or simply allow me to hug him around his big ol’ neck. He doesn’t care that I don’t make a 6 figure income, drive a fancy car or have large house with acres of land for him to roam around. All he asks is that I feed him, give him water, a place to sleep, and love. I think we as people can learn from from the simplicities of life.

I don’t think it was just chance that he showed up that night.

Without further ado, here’s my dog, Joshua. Named after the stonecutter from The Bible. We kinda figured that he was either going to be built like a rock, or as smart as one. But don’t tell him I said that. πŸ˜‰

Viking62
    Participant

Stevo- Ya choked me up a bit with your story…… & to think there are people out there who abuse animals & treat em like dirt…… You are a great person-I can tell;)

Great Guy-Great Story-Great Dog πŸ™‚

Irishbandit
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

Stevo- Ya choked me up a bit with your story…… & to think there are people out there who abuse animals & treat em like dirt…… You are a great person-I can tell;)

Great Guy-Great Story-Great Dog πŸ™‚

That was a good post thank-you Steve. πŸ˜€

pastor of muppets
    Participant

About time Steve! He’s a BIG SWEETIE bring him over some time so Chewy and Diojee can play with him. πŸ˜‰

yusuf
    Participant

oh i love ur writing style stevo, full romanticization .. i dont remember thinking about my girl in that sense πŸ˜‰

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

@pastor of muppets wrote:

About time Steve! He’s a BIG SWEETIE bring him over some time so Chewy and Diojee can play with him. πŸ˜‰

I would Pastor, but I think Joshua may be intimidated by the fact that Chewy’s ears are bigger than his. πŸ˜€

@yusuf wrote:

oh i love ur writing style stevo, full romanticization .. i dont remember thinking about my girl in that sense πŸ˜‰

And with that kind of thinking, I would suspect she’s a “former” girlfriend? πŸ˜‰

/derailment. πŸ˜€

On with the pets!

Chopper
    Participant

Its great to see this thread has legs.

Irish buddy sorry for the loss of your pet, I know how they become a member of your family.

POM , looks like you have a cute one there.

Steve, nice story.

Dogs….are a true example of unconditional love. They’re a great judge of people as well…..

And yeah, any bastage that mistreats a dog…..should get it back.

Its great to talk about something alot of us have in common.

Oh and Frank?….a little older, a little blinder and sleeps a little more. But still likes riding to work with his out the window and greating customers that come in the door. He’s closing in on 16 years old.
    And God, we’re going to miss him.

HumanBean
    Participant

Hi Everyone! It’s Human Bean. πŸ˜€ I thought I’d get on the forums, finally. You all have great pets. I thought I’d post a pic of my new pet centipede:

Not sure what I’ll call him/her yet… not even sure if there is a way to tell what sex it is, haha. This is a Vietnamese Centipede and they’re supposed to be pretty aggressive/feisty. They were neat to watch online, so I decided to get one, but she’s been pretty sluggish lately. Turns out she’s going to molt soon! You can tell in the pic since from the back, forward, her shell is turning brown. She also hasn’t eaten anything, and likes to hide all the time and curl up in a burrow. I’m hoping in a few days she molts (I’ll try to keep the molt) because then she’ll run around all night – will be very entertaining to watch.

She’s 5″ now, but I hear they grow up to 8″. Wowzers – I better keep the clips on the cage, haha.

Take care ya’ll!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.