This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 11 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

SPYRER
    Participant

This is getting more and more out of the realm of game play

I propose a ban on all historical nicknames, no first and last names together, ie Adolf or Hitler, not both together. Or perhaps Osama or Bin Ladin but not together. If people draw a connection oh well, common first or last names mean nothing except to the people who picked them.

Adolf, (Hitler, Sweitcher, Bennning or Vandross?)

Hitler ( Adolf, Jeremy, Margeret or Eva?)

We need to be more concerned if the suggestive nicks start to act and spam out views.

Exemples “Hitler” being anti jewish, “Da Nigg” spouting out gangsta obscene rap, or “Luther” offering to save souls.

We have people in the real world getting burned, beaten and killed over a cartoon in a newspaper, A CARTOON

if would be funny if it was not so sad.

Get a grip

apache64d
    Participant

Instulting not=offensive??

Boy, I say again, I wasn’t the only one who was offended or anoyed by that name.

Boy, It just pissed me off that some1 “remebered” he is offended by my nick anf never aprroched to me and told me it offense him.
    Boy, u know I have np to change my nick. JUST in any case I chnged it to Air Wolf..unless any1 is offended cause it was a lame (but cool at that time) TV program.

apache.

BOY
    Participant

I dont think he ‘remembered’, I dont think your nick offended him at all.

What I am saying is this: certain words are disliked by many people. Should I change my name from Fatboy, if someone who is fat does not like it? Should an Admin make me?

my view is, he was not causing trouble. He never did anything or said anything offensive. Even after you threatened to kick him.

Yes, I saw that Jock and some agreed that he should change the nick. Probly alot of people dont like that name. so what. Even I agree he should just change it (that would be so much easier than this)

but the name is REAL, it exists and people see it every day. Its just a name. I dont see it as a reason to kick a player out. That’s all, its just my opinion.

the panther server has always had the names of dictators for bots, no one ever complains about it, then all of the sudden a guy has a nick of a dictator that is annoying to you, then he is kicked.

@ Spyrer:
    I’m not sure if you were serious, but if you are, then should we compile a list of all possibly offensive names in the world ?

BOY
    Participant

i logged off and went to check some news, on the front page I found this. Its a good story about making things right.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184015,00.html

comedown
    Participant

Political correctness (or the feigned desire for it – quite common) gone mad.

Some of the popular mod servers have used the names of dictators (Bush aside) for their bots, for longer than I can remember. Strangely, no-one had a problem with those. Did they?

Also, there’s so much power tripping (for want of a better description, or preferably, situation) going on recently… And the sad thing is, it seems to be slightly contagious (At least, it’s passed to one other person). Isn’t it a little odd though, that you never see Wow, Willis, Cbx, Sondra (& Co.. I’m just going with bold gray forum names here) getting into these petty disputes?

Maybe a small, say, two-person “staff” review, is in order?

(I know I’m alone in my views of the other person, who shall remain un-named [a detail which would make a review of their position humorously difficult], but I can’t see why the person is an admin at all.)

Out of curiosity, has there ever been such a review? If so, when was the last?

Three cheers for my useless opinion!

Edit: Which on further examination is actually mainly just a bunch of questions! Hooray!

apache64d
    Participant

Your useless opinion explains alot CD. To bad u didnt use my pm box to tell me that useless opinion.

I think lots of ppl will be happy to here this:
    I gonna be out of forumsgame for sometime. U all can relax.

I gonna be playing only on apoc or BD’s needed name server.

apache..oh srry…Air Wolf

comedown
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

Your useless opinion explains alot CD. To bad u didnt use my pm box to tell me that useless opinion.

I think lots of ppl will be happy to here this:
    I gonna be out of forumsgame for sometime. U all can relax.

I gonna be playing only on apoc or BD’s needed name server.

apache..oh srry…Air Wolf

I didn’t actually say anything which needed to be kept private. My post, whether polite or not I’m not certain or concerned, seems best suited to be posted publicly. Suggesting a review of two admins, one being you, possibly to “investigate” the reasons behind you getting into so many more disagreements than the other admins, and the other being another admin who I still, although tactlessly, have not named.

I see you have taken more offense than seems fitting, in regards to what I have said, and so assume that you have mistaken my (admittedly confusing) comments about another un-named admin, to be about yourself. To clarify, apache, the person I said “I don’t see why this person is an admin at all” about, was not you. You do your job fairly well, even though you are quite over-enthusiastic about it.

apache64d
    Participant

K cool.
    I post that reply due to resent stuff that been published in the privet admin forums.
    Got nothing bad to say about u. I don’t tak it to personal, I still think u should talk with that admin.

Air…..cya

UTAKER
    Participant

whatever
    What you did [kicked] was for your personal reason “only”

BOY
    Participant

*topic closed*

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Player :Adolf HitlerUTAKER>>warned and kicked’ is closed to new replies.