This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  apache64d 10 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Falcon
    Participant

There is a player using the name “Photon Cannon (Dead)”.
    PlayerID=20564
    He was just on the beginner server about 30 minutes ago. Agreed to AIF, then killed me because I accidentally killed a player with a digger (direct hit on AI, but player far away had no chutes and fall killed him — he was already severly damaged).. So Photon used this as an excuse and killed me even though I continued to shoot AI only. Next round, he again agreed AI 1st and death-headed almost everyone (I survived to kill him). I eventually muted him. He continued to kill players even though everyone else was AI 1st (I did warn them to kill him first).

Several very new players ended up quiting very early (including the very new one who was winning by a wide margin). I try to help the newbies on the beginner server. Guys like this drive people away and there aren’t too many on when I play. 🙂

For starters, shouldn’t using a name with (Dead) in the end be considered unacceptable? Can someone warn this player?

Thanks for your time — hope to see you in-game.

Photon Cannon
    Participant

It seems your memory is bad. Everyone agreed to AIF, then you shot a digger to an AI that was right next to a live player, killing him in the process, and kept saying nonsense that you weren’t breaking AIF. When i killed you for that, you rambled on and said that you will mute me (end of first round). Fine, your right to do so. In no further round i agreed to AIF – i always said “no” or “Not while If (your nick at that time) is here”. If you can’t hear that because you muted me – not my fault. In a later round you told everyone to shoot me first, when nobody except you did, you said that you will try to get me banned. Fine, try, but stick to the truth.

“Next round, he again agreed AI 1st and death-headed almost everyone (I survived to kill him).” – That’s a lie, it was the third round, and in round 2 and three i said “no” to aif because i didn’t want any digging “accidents” anymore.

So, stop lying just because you are enraged.

BOY
    Participant

Hardly any reasons for anyone to be banned here, I think that you guys should make up, try a nice old teams server game 🙂

In the future, when shooting a digger AIF, warn the players you are shooting AI with digger, but this is hardly leathal, if you have no chutes, too bad for you!

Everyone should take a deep breath and relax a little (sometimes hard, I know, i used to be like you guys ;))

Photon Cannon
    Participant

I think using diggers when playing AIF is unfair even if the other person does have chutes, because when all AIs are dead, you just use a baby roller on the already digged-in player … and not buying chutes in second round to collect interest is a valid option.

Outer
    Participant

@Photon Cannon wrote:

I think using diggers when playing AIF is unfair even if the other person does have chutes, because when all AIs are dead, you just use a baby roller on the already digged-in player … and not buying chutes in second round to collect interest is a valid option.

Well its AIs first rule only, any weapon is valid for killing the bots, too bad for the one that didn’t had chutes… Now just try to hit the Ai in the process, mistakes happen, i remember… One more thing, remember that if someone disagrees with playing AIs first that rule is over, all players must agree on playing it (Server rules are FFA)

hobbesme
    Participant

Gen-tle-men, please — refer to the quintessential topic regarding fair play.

Deathbal
    Participant

Just like Outer said, the server rules are FFA. I cannot remember the last time I was in an AI first game and all went smooth. Someone either didn’t hear it, or they shot the bot with a funky and killed you…..always problems with that. Agree to AI first at your own risk.

JiNx
    Participant

there is only one rule
    ffa on all servers

if players in a server ALL agree that they with play aif rules then they should all agree, but if even one person doesnt agree then its automaticaly ffa again

if someone breaks the rule then it reverts automaticaly back to aif

from my early days in beginners if someone broke the aif rule then most players for that round ONLY would shoot the rule breaker stright away unless an apolgy was accepted and then aif continued

ref weapons allowed in aif, you can buy all weapons so you can use all weapons, if your unlucky enough to start next to an ai then your buying should also be defensive aswell as offensive LOOK B4 U BUY

this is a game have fun and make friends

Falcon
    Participant

Thanks for your comments. I really enjoy scorched3d.

I think the most important thing here (uncommented on so far) is the fact that this player uses “(dead)” at the end of his name. What is the purpose of that? The only purpose I can see is to make people think he is dead when they look at the scoreboard. Newbies may be confused (I was not). I think that speaks volumes right there. You can see it clearly in his account
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/stats/playernames.php?Prefix=3&Series=8&PlayerID=20564
    He’s used that “(dead)” name 26 times (his other top name 37 times). Currently he’s “Evil Hampster” (brand new name — wonder why?).

The rest of the stuff is fine — it happens all the time and I understand. Of course, this player did drive away every other player in the game (lots of newbies). It’s *not* fun when everyone quits because of one player.

And for the record — If any admins wanted to look at the logs, they would see when I used the digger in round two I apologized immediately to the player (who also had no chutes and was already almost dead). The player was fine with that and continued AIF the rest of rounds (as did everyone else). I did try to warn them to hit Photon first because he would be targeting them (as he did). Photon was actually the one complaining first/attacked me saying I was attacking players (falsely), yet the next round used a DH on everyone — so was his statement in the previous round just a smokescreen? Probably. We’ve all seen players who claim they aren’t shooting other players in AIF — and repeatedly do so until you actually catch them in the act (this happens more on apoq for some reason, lol).

I’ve played many games in the beginners area where everyone was playing AIF. I took the time to explain what AIF means, etc. I don’t recommend AIF in there because I love it – I recommend it in there because the newbies don’t want to sit around for 10 rounds and might quit if they don’t get some gameplay early on and have a chance to learn. We had 2 games with a loaded server a few nights ago. No problem with people going against it — it’s FFA after all. But when you have 4 people having fun playing AIF and you decide to start shooting players (intentionally/directly after agreeing to AIF), don’t be surprised when you get killed or I round up the possie. 🙂 –especially when you yourself are not a newb. Even in online games there’s sportsman like conduct and you create your own reputation. This is a small community. Mandy even commented that she was surprised everyone was playing AIF nicely in one of our ‘beginners’ games. I like to keep the newbies, let them have fun, and teach them. I don’ think you can say that about this player.

Not everyone plays the game with sportsman like conduct. I can live with that. I just didn’t like the fact that this player drove away a LOT of good newbies that were having fun. More importantly, this player uses a name that should not be allowed in my opinion.

Sorry, I seem to have written a book, 🙂 See you in battle. 🙂

hobbesme
    Participant

@vissa wrote:

I think the most important thing here (uncommented on so far) is the fact that this player uses “(dead)” at the end of his name. What is the purpose of that? The only purpose I can see is to make people think he is dead when they look at the scoreboard. Newbies may be confused (I was not). I think that speaks volumes right there.

The rest of the stuff is fine — it happens all the time and I understand … [but] This player uses a name that should not be allowed in my opinion.

Actually, this silly trick is used often by new guys — I used it myself for a few weeks back when I started playing the game three years ago.

Yes, it’s intended to fool other players, but like you said it only has the chance of fooling noobs. But just like all the other little tricks & gags of the game, it’s not really all that outrageous or objectionable.

Besides there are so many other things that discourage noobs — I doubt players with “(Dead)” at the end of their player names aren’t going to be the straw that breaks the noobies’ backs.

@vissa wrote:

Not everyone plays the game with sportsman like conduct. I can live with that. I just didn’t like the fact that this player drove away a LOT of good newbies that were having fun.

this player did drive away every other player in the game (lots of newbies). It’s *not* fun when everyone quits because of one player.

Unfortunately, this happens in every online game. We try to discourage the most outlandish behaviour, but you can’t nitpick every little annoyance to death either because THAT too can discourages new players.

A part of online gaming is that all players — new & veteran — have to find a balance in regards to the behavior & tactics & tricks of other players. Otherwise, every complaint & issue that players bitch about would make gameplay impossible.

Falcon
    Participant

hobbesme,

I agree with much of what you said, though I still think the server should reject names like “xxx (dead)”. The thing is, this player was not a noob and was basically ‘preying’ on the newbies in the BEGINNER server. If he’s such a ‘loser’ that he has to join the beginner server, deceive everyone, and agree to AIF then DH everyone, that is pretty pathetic. I didn’t expect a ban — as I said in my post perhaps just a warning (which I guess I’m the only one giving it). Sorry, but if I’m in beginner server and see a non-newbie player acting as he did I will target them repeatedly even if it costs me the game. Everyone has to deal with things like dirters, etc, but we don’t have to like it and this is a forum where we can let it out. 😛 (I run/own 3 very large ones myself — over 3 million posts). I don’t really ever get annoyed in-game up except for when someone (intentionally) drives away all the players so there’s no one left to play with.

I was told (in game) by Mandy that a post here might help in cases such as this, so I was just doing that. Was it not for that prodding I would never have brought it up. Bless her heart (she’s so sweet and left me a nice PM – enjoy your vacation!!!). I just love the game and want to see new people keep coming in. The learning curve is pretty steep for newbies and I think experienced players in the BEGINNER server (only) should be a little considerate of that. But of course ,they can do whatever they want — just my opinion and you know what they say about those. 🙂

Photon Cannon
    Participant

Once again, stop lying. “agree to AIF then DH everyone”. That’s simply not true. I said “no aif” every round after you pulled the digger trick, and as others said – when someone says “no”, it’s ffa.

(And if you’d give the stats a closer look, you’d see that i change names quite frequently. I can use the Photon Cannon (Dead) name again, if you like.)

Falcon
    Participant

Hmmm, is there an “ignore” or “mute” feature here as well? 😀

Photon Cannon
    Participant

So you can continiue lying without seeing that someone noticed that you are? *shrug* Fine, do what suits you 🙂

JiNx
    Participant

i will try and clear this up

this is not siding with either player just my views from reading the logs

i personaly think a bit of a misuderstanding from both and guys just call a truce and and have lots of fun please and remember if everyone cant agree then ffa it is

ok everyone agreed to aif

falcon (called if) kills player with digger and immediatly apologizes (well done for apologizing) (btw yeah my spelling sucks 🙂 )

Photon Cannon (Dead): your fault, you don’t use diggers etc when you play aif” (considering aif isnt an offical rule althouhg lots of ppl play it in 3 years i have never heard of limiting weapons for any rules other than mcb or brcb)

if then advises that ppl should buy chutes and advises that he is using diggers (which is probably the most popular tactic with every single server playing dig and roll rules) (at this point ffa rules come into play regardless if ppl cant agree then its always ffa)

photon then advises that he is shooting if and if says ok!!! (fair enough your upfront about it)

photon then kills if and if say” i guess its ffa now (i didnt break rules)” (sry but photon did advise you he was going to shoot you)

if then mutes photon as they were having a tit for tat whether they were breaking rules or not

differant players ask are you playing aif and photon replys no while if is here

next round another player asks if its aif, photon replys no but if cant see this as he has muted photon and no other player tells if that photon said no

then if says “all target photon and then we play aif”

basicaly after that if and photon shot each other first and then carried on with aif with the other players

guys seriously it was a little misunderstanding if in doubt play ffa rules but always have fun

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘"Photon Cannon (Dead)" player’ is closed to new replies.