This topic contains 97 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I hope it’s not in real time mode, I was knackered after 3 games in about 30 minutes last night.

Had great fun though, DH Blossom, then try and super tele away before it tries to take ya turret off!

Panther30
    Participant

yeah I guess the settings need tweaked. I will mess with server file at a later time.

Panther30
    Participant

My servers will be down for a while. The computer running my game and web servers is needed elsewhere. I am working on building another computer, but it may be a couple weeks before it is ready to go.

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

Raptormod is operational!

panthermod is working!

Stats are functional!

awesome!

—panther30

Chopper
    Participant

Allright!…..love those rolling pink panther heads.. 😀

uoh- no worky…. #-o

Panther30
    Participant

sorry,

I only brought the servers up. I don’t have scorched3d installed on my other machines to test anything…

I guess I will take a look here in a little while….

—Panther30

edit: I connected just fine. I will reset the mtu size again to 1400 and see if that works to fix the issue chopper.

Chopper
    Participant

Panther, my settings are what I use on the other servers.

I’m on a laptop and I don’t run the settings that give the best of everything. So this has me puzzled.

Still getting the message as shown:

Panther30
    Participant

hmm , vague error. wonder if any of the more knowledgeable modders has an answer….

—panther30

Panther30
    Participant

server closed due to differences of opinions.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hey Panther,

What seems to be the problem? I can help if you need it.

I have been away sick and internet-less for the past couple of weeks, but otherwise I am back!

I can take a look at the panthermod and see if there are any problems with it?

all the best,

Armor

Panther30
    Participant

there are no problems with the mods. the problem is with me and some of the ideas that sprouted in the forums.

I don’t agree with them. so I am cutting my losses and leaving for good. I don’t wish to be a part of anything that goes on here anymore.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@panther30 wrote:

there are no problems with the mods. the problem is with me and some of the ideas that sprouted in the forums.

I don’t agree with them. so I am cutting my losses and leaving for good. I don’t wish to be a part of anything that goes on here anymore.

If I have anything to do with your departure, or can help avoid it, please feel free to contact me about your concerns. I would prefer you didn’t leave, your mods are one of the reasons I began my modding journey here. You are one of the people that helped make S3D great, your departure will upset many around here who consider you a damn good friend and supporter.

In the end we all must do what we feel is right, but I wouldn’t dare ask you to deny yourself purpose.

If there is anything I can do to alleviate your concerns, do not hesitate to contact me. We do have an active moderating quorum still, and many of us are long time players who are quite familiar with your endeavors. If you have encountered something in the forums or the servers that you find upsetting, we can surely address your concern/situation.

I wish you well in whatever path you choose to pursue.

All the best,

Armor

Panther30
    Participant

Armor,

1. I haven’t played scorched in about 6 years. i haven’t played a single player game or played on any server in all that time.

2. I check up on my own servers through the console very infrequently. the one or two times i have caught a player talking in the server console recently, it was to say that panthermod is the worst mod ever.

3. being told to “piss off” when I am trying to speak my mind in the forums (which i also visit infrequently.

It’s not worth my time anymore.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@panther30 wrote:

1. I haven’t played scorched in about 6 years. i haven’t played a single player game or played on any server in all that time.

2. I check up on my own servers through the console very infrequently. the one or two times i have caught a player talking in the server console recently, it was to say that panthermod is the worst mod ever.

I would argue that you have remained a frequent visitor, over many of the other old timers. The fact that you have hosted a server so diligently is enough to gain my admiration.

The opinion of one clueless player, is not my opinion. Each mod is unique and I have enjoyed playing all of them. When creating awe I looked at many of the mods, and incorporated several similar aspects. Awe for example uses both the GAU-8 and similar textures to your hydrogen bomb.

@panther30 wrote:

3. being told to “piss off” when I am trying to speak my mind in the forums (which i also visit infrequently.

Where has this occurred? Could you link me to the appropriate forum post?

@panther30 wrote:

It’s not worth my time anymore.

If that is truly how you feel, I would request that you would transfer panthermod permissions to me. I will maintain a copy of it on my googledrive as well as update it to newer versions.

All the best,

Armor

Rommel
    Participant

Dear Moderator(s) :

On the forum issue Panther30 describes, as the author of the thread,
    I do not feel that moderation is required. There is/was no squabble.

Those that need a link, should, most likely, start at the beginning :

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6782&start=0

and read the entire thread. It’s not very long.

Thank you,

Rommel

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.