This topic contains 97 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Panther30
    Participant

the bots have been removed.

Panther30
    Participant

bots are added again and cash is back to normal.

Panther30
    Participant

Panther’s server is down until further notice.

Panther30
    Participant

Panther’s server is now up again.

comedown
    Participant

For some reason I can never seem to play on this server.

The mod downloads, the map appears, I set my name and icon, click OK, but the “welcome back” or “player playing as comedown” messages don’t appear. I then see a single move in the game take place, and instantly afterwards am disconnected with the “socket closed” message displayed.

😳

(1mbps connection)

Panther30
    Participant

lots of people have problems with my server for some odd reason. I’ll look into it this weekend.

Panther30
    Participant

okay I lowered the MTU size on Panther’s server to 1400. If you still cannot connect, let me know here and I will set it to 1300 as gavin has done with the official servers.

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

Lowered MTU sise to 1300 for both the network and the loopback adapters. loopback was at 16246!!!!!! if thse settings do not work either, let me know.

DeVice
    Participant

Why do you think lowering it so much will help ? The lowest MRU i’ve ever seen so far is 1492 (on DSL / ethernet adapters, due to pppoe). So 1400 is a big enuf security margin.

And you don’t need to lower both devices, if one MTU (network card i’d say) is lowered, the other will only receive lil packets anyway.

Panther30
    Participant

thanks DeVice. your suggestion is taken.

if anyone STILL has problems connecting I will change it again.

comedown
    Participant

It works fine now, thanks.

Panther30
    Participant

okay server is back up now. My cable company was testing the lines druing the day for the past week and a half but it looks like they are done now. Everything is back to normal.

I changed the ip address numbers out and put my web address in for connection purposes… this means when our ip changes you won’t have to change your ids.xml file to adjust for the stats or make me have to reset the stats every time the ip numbers change. That was a pain for us all. the new ip address is listed in the first post of this thread.

Panther30
    Participant

bots will start leaving after the fifth player joins. having the bots coming in and going out messed them up in the stats pages though. I don’t know if it can be fixed or not.

Panther30
    Participant

I am in the midst of some testing to see how some changes affect the server. This is the reason there is only one bot in the server right now. The bot will leave as soon as two human players join. If I see any significant change in server activity over the next week or so with this change, it will determine if the server remains like this.

Panther30
    Participant

Panther’s server will be going offline on May 1st. It will be down indefinitely. Spudster’s server will be the new official Raptormod server.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.