This topic contains 97 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

glamdring
    Participant

Is there any way I can fix this?

Panther30
    Participant

Okay,

People have been having problems connecting to the game server. My website is also still not working properly. The problem is being worked on and we should have it solved by friday.

see ya,

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

Panther’s server IP address has changed!
    it is now 24.223.138.131 for your stats to display correctly you need to edit the ids.xml file (the old published ip was 24.223.138.139)

glamdring
    Participant

Panther, I edited the ids.xml file and tried to connect with the new ip, but still got no luck. I cannot reach the “Welcome Glamdring you are ranked …”

Is there any log file i can check to get more info about of the problem?

Thanks for the effort.

Panther30
    Participant

the work is in progress…. I might have things fixed by Thursday night here (Ohio, USA). so just hang in there a little longer.

Edit: My help never showed up tonight and I have done all i can on my own. I have made a few changes though so you could try to connect now if you want.

Panther30
    Participant

@panther30 wrote:

Panther’s server IP address has changed!
    it is now 24.223.138.131 for your stats to display correctly you need to edit the ids.xml file (the old published ip was 24.223.138.139)

whoops. I had to reset the router again… we are back to IP address 24.223.138.139

Panther30
    Participant

our IP changed again, if you guys wish to see your stats displayed correcly change the 24.223.138.139 published ip in the ids.xml file to

Edit: Whoops back to the original IP, but I reset the stats this time so i guess it almost doesn’t matter.

Panther30
    Participant

okay,

I’ve had some jokers on my server who have connected multiple times at the same time with Profane names. I WILL NOT tolerate this. So, as much as it pains me, I have disabled “allow multiple connectiosn from the same IP”.
    btw this means you won’t see Panther30 and Floppy M. in the server together anymore.

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

whoops,

I updated my linux kernal and scorched stopped working. It looks like I will have to reinstall linux again. Panther’s Server will be down until next monday or so while I do so.

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

okay, I am now having a little trouble getting the MySQL server to update to 4.0.24 from 3.5 . If anyone has any clue how to fix this, then I can use the help. Otherwise im just going to setup panther’s server without stats.

–Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

We are working on the problem now and we should have the server up sometime late next weekend. Hopefully Panther’s server will have stats again. I’ll keep everyone informed about any changes.

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

Panther”s server is back up again. We won’t have stats though till after the weekend.

Panther30
    Participant

okay,

I should have the server back up by wednesday. We have the new MySQL compiled from source and will be installing it later monday evening. I will do my best to get scorched compiled as soon after that as I can.

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

Server is up and stats (and the stats web pages) are working again.

Have fun guys,

—panther30

Panther30
    Participant

Please bear with me for a couple days. Panther’s server will be in kind of a mess while I reverse the changes to raptormod and reset the server’s stats a few times. The changes should be completed by monday.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.