This topic contains 97 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Panther30
    Participant

2 servers for your enjoyment

server: Panther30’s server
    Mod: Panthermod
    IP: http://www.techthisout.biz:27270
    game type: Free for all
    bots: 2
    Stats: YES
    cash: $39000 to start buy on round 1
    rounds:15
    Turns per roound:15

server: Panther30’s Raptor server
    IP: http://www.techthisout.biz:27290
    Mod: Raptor
    bots: 4
    cash: $39000 to start buy on round 1

-No Longer Running-
    Server: Falcon’s Server (AKA the Newb server)
    IP: http://www.techthisout.biz:27280
    bots: 3
    cash: $250000 to start buy on round 1

stats available at http://www.techthisout.biz/stats/

Panther30
    Participant

Panther’s server is now running R@p7or’s completed modpack. We are still in the testing stages, and we are still in the process of adding new accessories and weapons, but still come join the fun. See the above message for details. Server is set to 100k download of the new mod.

Panther30
    Participant

Special Christmas treat for you all,

Maximum Overkill will start at 12 pm EST Friday December 24th, 2004 and run til 12pm EST on Sunday Dec. 26th 2004.

I’ll be away Friday and most of saturday so I cant set the server up at its normal time. also one minor change: I’m going to leave the five bots in.

Have fun and Merry Christmas!

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

Panther’s server will be moving its OS from Windows 2000 Pro to Linux over the next several days. This means the Offical Raptormod server will be down for a bit I don’t know if it will be back up before saturday’s Maximum Overkill run. Panther’s server will be back up just as soon as I can get everything switched over and running.

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

Panther’s Server is back up and running again.. I will be putting it up and bringing it down at different times for the next couple weeks while I learn linux. It will remain up most of the time though.

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

Panthers server is down again, Ill bring it back up in a couple hours or so. Im going try and compile scorched.

Panther30
    Participant

Due to lack of interest, I’m leaving the server on standard settings all the time. No more Maximum Overkill days

Panther30
    Participant

Panther’s sever will be down March 7th while I work on fixing a network problem.

Panther30
    Participant

Panther’s server is coming down again on March 16th and may be down a couple days while I set up the stats.

Edit:

Stats are up now

Panther30
    Participant

this was already posted in another thread but here it is again for emphasis

Trucing is not legitimate on a Free for all server at least. People like to truce on the bot inhabited server I run with the line “bots first?” it is a FREE FOR ALL server and the player asking this will be immediately dispatched by one of the server’s admins by the largest weapon the admin has at their disposal. Truces will be immediately dispatched in the same manner.

You have all been warned. (if you want teams, play on a teams server)

—Panther30

glamdring
    Participant

Hi Panther, as you may know, i really like the server and raptormod mod, but recently I’m unable to connect ever. My game keeps waiting at the screen where I can can but never gets to the game. I’m behind a router, but that don’t prevent me from playing in the others servers (like apoc or official ones)

Do you know what can be?

Thanks,
    Glamdring.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@glamdring wrote:

Hi Panther, as you may know, i really like the server and raptormod mod, but recently I’m unable to connect ever. My game keeps waiting at the screen where I can can but never gets to the game. I’m behind a router, but that don’t prevent me from playing in the others servers (like apoc or official ones)

Do you know what can be?

Thanks,
    Glamdring.

Might be a mtu issue.

glamdring
    Participant

thanks for que fast reply.

Any possible checks to do / solutions if its that?

hobbesme
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Might be a mtu issue.

What?

Almost all systems (PC & OS) default each network interface to an appropriate MTU (maximum transmission unit [in bytes] over each network interface).

And inter-network connections can obviously be formed between systems with differing network interfaces &/or MTUs.

So why would a low-, high-, or poorly configured MTU prevent a game server connection?

And why can he connect to other servers but not this particular server? If MTU is the problem, why not with the other servers? Why would a supposedly poorly-configured MTU cause trouble connecting to one server but not others?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

Might be a mtu issue.

What?

Almost all systems (PC & OS) default each network interface to an appropriate MTU (maximum transmission unit [in bytes] over each network interface).

And inter-network connections can obviously be formed between systems with differing network interfaces &/or MTUs.

So why would a low-, high-, or poorly configured MTU prevent a game server connection?

And why can he connect to other servers but not this particular server? If MTU is the problem, why not with the other servers? Why would a supposedly poorly-configured MTU cause trouble connecting to one server but not others?

Because the MTU size over links changes depending on the transport layer. Some protocols even steal bytes from the MTU because they themselves use extra bytes to encode for example channel information. When setting up a connection TCP/IP auto-negotiates the MTU size however in some cases this will give the wrong answer.

In this situation it will be possible to create the connection but large packets will be droped.

I had to lower the MTU size of the server explicity to allow some remote clients to connect.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.