This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Chopper 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

Dear Moderator(s) :

There is a complaint, properly posted in the complaint section, that is
    over 2 months old. It has not been addressed by any moderators.

If that wasn’t the proper place to post a serious issue, please post
    publicly, where we need to make posts that deserve your attention.

On the forum issue Panther30 describes, as the author of the thread,
    I do not feel that moderation is required. There is/was no squabble.

Those that need a link, should, most likely, start at the beginning :

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6782&start=0

and read the entire thread. It’s not very long.

Thank you,

Rommel

Edits : 1. Changed URL from https:// to http://

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Rommel,

Your mere and continued presence in these forums is a complaint in and of itself. Seeing as the moderators have not addressed this prior complaint, we cannot possibly nor in good conscience pay credence to any future complaints you file until this matter is resolved. This of course does not prohibit you from filing any further complaints.

We will most certainly inform you when we resolve your current queue of complaints.

Please refrain from addressing posts to the moderators in unrelated topics. If you have an issue with our process or decisions, feel free to file it in the complaint forum. Further off-topic posts from you will result in a petition for a ban.

All the best,

Armor

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Kangabunny :

If you are acting as a global moderator now, thank you for
    your yet unseen, selfless service and tireless tenacity in
    promoting this web site.

Not seeing that you have been functioning as a moderator,
    I didn’t know that you had the title and the responsibilities.

If you have decided to do a little something to help the
    cause, doing the right thing should be a consideration.

Not doing whatever you want just to be doing something.

About your continued threats to ban me … you sure
    are a curious little feller. Almost funny sometimes.

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck,

Rommel

@Kangabunny wrote:

Rommel,

Your mere and continued presence in these forums is a complaint in and of itself. Seeing as the moderators have not addressed this prior complaint, we cannot possibly nor in good conscience pay credence to any future complaints you file until this matter is resolved. This of course does not prohibit you from filing any further complaints.

We will most certainly inform you when we resolve your current queue of complaints.

Please refrain from addressing posts to the moderators in unrelated topics. If you have an issue with our process or decisions, feel free to file it in the complaint forum. Further off-topic posts from you will result in a petition for a ban.

All the best,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Rommel, lets get something straight. I don’t think your cute, I don’t think you’re clever, and I definitely do not think you provide any benefit to this community.

If you want to continue your tirade of stupidity, do it on someone else’s time. Stop whining to me to officially moderate your ‘discussions’. If one could call them that.

As for moderating, it is at my discretion what complaints I deem serious and in need of immediate attention. Not yours.

If you wish to question my role as a moderator, I would ask what gives you the grounds?

– I have not seen you in the server for years
    – I have not seen any game contribution from you in years
    – Whenever you pop up into a thread, people leave or get angry
    – You habitually carry posts off-topic
    – Your actions have served to drive away numerous players (regardless of intention)
    – Your username is directly supportive of Nazi culture (regardless of intention)

These are not the qualities we pursue in this community. If you wish to continue being a part of it, I suggest you rethink how you treat people. Virtually or otherwise.

Your casual dismissal of my threat to ban you shows just exactly how disrespectful you are being. That isn’t a threat to ban you, that is your one warning. You have merited plenty of reason for me to ban you, both official, and personal already.

I am not simply targeting you because I am bored, or need to do something. I am an incredibly busy person, who has no time or patience for more of your nonsense.

I suggest you stick to your quote thread, be nice if you followed your own damn advice sometimes.

You’re on extremely thin ice,

Armor

Rommel
    Participant

Psssst … yeah you … over here :

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5701&start=15

Edits : 1. Changed URL from https:// to http://

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Not read past here yet but I already have to say:

Brave Bunny, that’s a great response. I can only imagine how many attempts were required to get it right. You are truly wise and patient beyond your years, I believe Big Bear would be proud 🙂

@armorwraith wrote:

Rommel,

All the best,

Armor

As for followup post, FWIW I agree with these points

@armorwraith wrote:

– I have not seen you in the server for years
    – I have not seen any game contribution from you in years
    – Whenever you pop up into a thread, people leave or get angry
    – You habitually carry posts off-topic
    – Your actions have served to drive away numerous players (regardless of intention)

But not
    @armorwraith wrote:

– Your username is directly supportive of Nazi culture (regardless of intention)

He’s showing support (or whatever it’s called) for a person not a regime unless otherwise stated. What side of what war someone is on, their accomplishments deserve their respect or despise regardless of the political system they found themselves in.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

He’s showing support (or whatever it’s called) for a person not a regime unless otherwise stated. What side of what war someone is on, their accomplishments deserve their respect or despise regardless of the political system they found themselves in.

i agree with the latter. to the first bit though, i say…

or, it may just be a fun tank game with cool medals and stuff. and maybe prior to any sort of interaction or building up a relationship with a community, a guy might think

“hm, who shall i be? how about… rommel : ). he seemed like an interesting guy, seems to fit, military links, matches the tank i was given, etc etc.

ok that’s me, Krieg ohne Hass”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erwin_Rommel.

@wikipedia wrote:

Self-restraint, even chivalry… distinguished the combatants on both sides throughout the North Africa campaign… The leading exemplar of this code was Rommel himself. When orders from Hitler mandated the execution of captured British commandos, Rommel tossed the document in the trash. He insisted that the Allied prisoners receive the same rations he was given. He even wrote a book about the conflict called Krieg ohne Hass (War Without Hate). Memoirs of the North Africa campaign attest that, fierce and brutal as much of the fighting was, relations between individual enemies retained a quality of forbearance that seems, today, almost impossible to imagine.

one example of many where if the majority of people are ignorant of history or philosophy and refuse to educate themselves enough to arrive at their own opinions, because “everybody knows”, you can probably expect conflict.

Barney Gumble: And I say that England’s greatest prime minister was Lord Palmerston.
    Wade Boggs: Pitt The Elder.
    Barney: Lord Palmerston!!
    Wade Boggs: [pokes Barney in the chest] Pitt… The… Elder!!!
    Barney: OKAY, YOU ASKED FOR IT, BOGGS! [punches Boggs out]
    Moe: Yeah, that’s showin’ him, Barney! [dismissively] Pitt the Elder.
    Barney: LORD PALMERSTON!!!!! [punches Moe out]

i’ve had plenty of little scuffles with rommel. and peanut. overall it’s tongue-in-cheek, isnt it? even after a four pack and denying me my win with your underhanded sand hogs in round 5. you can’t do that!

quotes thread.

scan through and you’ll see odd bits all over from einstein, bertrand russell, plato, mark twain, the list goes on.

you can’t delete that! it’s in the offtopic section, nothing to do with the game.

ok, some of it might be cherry picked to fit an agenda, i dont know, but a good chunk is quite inspiring, i think. it’s the sort of stuff people frame and put on their desks to get them through the day.

forum etiquette is a matter of perspective.

not to pull a rommel by writing an essay. speaking for myself, i’ve learned a lot in the 7 or 8 years i’ve been lurking here. (i hope i have). i would blush reading back some of my rubbish from say 2007.

internet culture has changed a bit in the time s3d has been around, too, expected etiquette, moving from anonymity and an avatar, to twitters, facebooks and google plusses with a home address and a phone number just in case.

i wanted to say anyway that i think a lot of internet conflict, the perception of ‘trolling’ if people are still calling it that, depends a lot on perspective and the assumption of equivalence. all company here excepted, it’s not difficult to imagine a guy of say 20, or 60 from one country wrestling with some differences in the implications of an fu peanut coming from a guy half that age elsewhere in the world with a different culture even in real life.

delve deeper into the occasional “conflict” between some, and probably find that behind the scenes they’re mates catching up in a PM.

all a bit out of proportion.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Personally, yes Lappy, most of the stuff hurled at you is ‘with respect’ with several instances of utter frustration at your views and comments. You’re an honest guy who says what he means when he says it, while reserving the right to disagree with his previous statements given sufficient cause.

@laptops Daddy wrote:

i wanted to say anyway that i think a lot of internet conflict, the perception of ‘trolling’ if people are still calling it that, depends a lot on perspective and the assumption of equivalence. all company here excepted, it’s not difficult to imagine a guy of say 20, or 60 from one country wrestling with some differences in the implications of an fu peanut coming from a guy half that age elsewhere in the world with a different culture even in real life.

delve deeper into the occasional “conflict” between some, and probably find that behind the scenes they’re mates catching up in a PM.

all a bit out of proportion.

That is a very valid point, that is until you take into account the fact that those of us who frequent this forum have dealt with Rommel for some 5-7 years. You get to know a person in that time and form your opinion of them over many discussions, disagreements and accomplishments.

Chopper
    Participant

I have .02 to throw in. Reminder.

It’s a game! Where I’ve had the fun of playing and drinking with people from all over the world.

I don’t come here for philosophy, quotes or political discussions that usually end badly with hurt feelings. I can get enough of that on the rest of the internet and everyday life. ](*,)

I come here to blow stuff up and have fun! :D/
    Don’t get all bogged down in the wrong stuff.

If folks would spend more time on Main instead of the forums (with a few exceptions) they’d remember why they came here in the first place. :mrgreen:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.