This topic contains 88 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Panther30 9 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Irishbandit
    Participant

very nice work!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Panther30
    Participant

@inductiveone wrote:

Thanks 🙂

I feel like the last 2 came out pretty good. Do you think the monsted duex duex (hyde, whatever hehe) should be holding something? It works to have just the finger but if you want it holding something let me know. And the bomb guy, I just want to at least get his hat holding hand looking a little less… bad.

Which other charecters would you like?

What I think is , that the hyde version of deux deux should be holding the inspector, but that wouold add way too much to the polycount, so the finger will work… so Hyde looks good.

what I would like you to do now is something simple, the Pink Panther Tank’s tail needs to be alot longer, Can you add more length to it?

Im not sure about other characters… maybe the little man. and/ or the little man’s dog… those two are up to you,. You can make them if you want.

Once cbx gets his inspector done we should be good to go.

Thanks agian for all the help so far/.

—Panther

InductiveOne
    Participant

I will check the panther model (its the one thats in game now right?)

And which little man and dog do you mean, can you find me a pic somewhere if you have a minute?

I will clean the other 2 up a little tonight and post the model .txt’s

Panther30
    Participant

@inductiveone wrote:

I will check the panther model (its the one thats in game now right?)

And which little man and dog do you mean, can you find me a pic somewhere if you have a minute?

I will clean the other 2 up a little tonight and post the model .txt’s

yes the panther tank that is in the game now.

The Little Man

The Little Man’s Dog

and I look forward to seeing the models you have already finished.
    —Panther

InductiveOne
    Participant

Ok. As a testiment to how uncomfortable I am using milkshape (insert duh sound) I ended up exporting the original model to an OBJ and tried to alter it. Of course, it had holes and all kinds of stuff. So anyway, to make a longish story short whoever made the initial model should get credit for it. I dont know who made it (or the texture for that matter) but I put the broken OBJ of the original off to one side and started over. Managed to save some of the head but everything else I tried to sorta kinda duplicate.

Anyway, I try not to step on toes so if the original creator of the first (is that you panther?) sees this, I take no credit other then the admission of skill deficit. I spell bad too.

Oh yeah, I threw the 2 diffrent bmp textures into 1 file to save a tiny tiny bit of space. The new model has a few more poly’s then the original (I believe it still ended up under 1500?). Also, the tanks I’ve made are very bright compared to most, figure they should look a bit like cartoons or something. If you think it doesn’t look right let me know and I’ll fix them (only takes a few minutes).

edit: went back and checked, its 1138 triangles, original is 1081, so no real difrence.

InductiveOne
    Participant

Other 2. First one is the hyde duex duex. The bmp is the same one used with the first duexduex tank so replace the old one with this one and they will both work. This one is the most triangle heavy (3100) but… I still see no slowdown with models in the 3000 triangle range and my system isn’t that good. Tons of trees slow things down a bit for me, but even some models I’ve made in the 9000 triangle range seem to work fine as tanks. Either way, its the most complex one.

The bomb guy is just under 3000 triangles. There was a suggestion to drop the hat from the model and maybe use it as the default projectile. If you want to do that let me know and I’ll make its hat holding hand less dumb looking. I left it as is for now, the hand that is, because you realy cant see it at all anyway. I’m not a huge fan of the custom default projectile models and I thought the bomb guy looked kinda boring without the hat, but its your call realy. Anyway, I will try to mess with the little guy and his dog. Dog seems like it will be tricky but we shall see.

Panther30
    Participant

R@p7oR i the original author of the panther model. I’m sure he doesn’t care,

thanks for your hard work. I will get these tanks onto the server in a little while.

InductiveOne
    Participant

Cool, well even so. I’d feel better if r@p7or still got credit for the panther model. I would just fixed the tail if I weren’t such a milkshape dummy.

Panther30
    Participant

InductiveOne,

Are you still interested in the inspector tank idea? cbx seems to be taking a long-needed break…

thans for all the help so far,

—Panther

InductiveOne
    Participant

Sure, I will do the little guy and the dog. I will start on them… soon 🙂

edit: insert the word ‘first’ in there somewhere. either way, cbx if you see this, you should finish your inspector

cbx550f
    Participant

If you want to have a go at the inspector – by all means do. I think it’s unlikely that I’ll get back to it any time soon, sorry.
    Plus, you’re doing such a great job of these… That panther is amazing.
    Very nice work.

cbx

InductiveOne
    Participant

You should .obj me (or any format realy) what you got so far so I can be lazy 🙂

cbx550f
    Participant

Unfortunately, I’m away from my PC for a couple days – I can do that tomorrow night or Monday night.

InductiveOne
    Participant

Also, panther (or anyone else realy). Do you any requests for a specific gun that the little man should be holding? I already have the dog figured out I think, but may have to try 2 diffrent ideas.

Also, every time I see the panther model I kick myself for not giving it some sort of pink gun. I’m kind of thinking about making a second panther with a few things changed a bit. Maybe good for an especialy tough pink panther bot? Anyway, I will try to work on some of it tonight, I’ve been very lazy in life in general the last week or 2.

InductiveOne
    Participant

Ok… the little man. I couldn’t find a better picture of his face (i may not have looked all that hard hehe) but I think the model looks pretty ok. The gun looks fine pointed straight up too (it pivots at the elbow, you can see the gun pivot acualy). The eyes look a little dumb, I dunno… in the game I didn’t realy notice, I also dont realy know what its suposed to look like. Anyway, check it out, lemme know what to fix. 1902 triangles. I should realy have acualy modeled the eyes.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.