This topic contains 88 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Panther30 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Panther30
    Participant

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of the modelers want to make some tanks based on the characers from the pink panther cartoon?

I’m sure pictures can be found online of the various characters from the cartoon..

Since the mods have the ability to have their own set of tanks now, I thought it might be the best time to ask about making these tanks for use in panthermod.

jdog
    Participant

I’m pretty sure there are many people that play this game that have not even seen a pink panther cartoon before.

I have seen than but not in a long while.

SHACK
    Participant

formoderrors
    Participant

of course whoever does this request also has to do my AoM-styled mod.

______

I Smell Lovely!

InductiveOne
    Participant

@formoderrors wrote:

of course whoever does this request also has to do my AoM-styled mod.

I do hope you understand how long it takes to make a mod. I’m talking about serious amounts of hours. I am still figuring things out and I have at least 80 hours in the mod I’m working on. At _least_ 80 hours hehe. If you were to do alot of the initial design work you might have a better chance of finding someone to help.

I would start a collection of pictures and ideas and realy specific things youd like to see in the mod your thinking of. If you have any experience modeling low-poly 3d models you could start with that too. Thinking that someone will do all that work and make a mod that (so far at least) I havn’t seen anyone get realy excited about. Well, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

If its a mod you realy want to see made, seriously think about trying to do it yourself. Youll be suprised how much help you will get if you just suck it up, start staring at some xml, and figure out which parts of the mod your able to do yourself. Its not realy hard, but it does take a big chunk of time and motivation.

I personaly use wings3d to model in, export to .obj, open it in milkshape and do texturing. Milkshape or blender are good programs to learn with mainly due to the price (little or none). The acual xml files can be edited with any text editor, I use edit.com in a command prompt.

A nearly complete mod making wiki has been put together. Without it I personaly would have never gotten as far as I have. I have it open constantly while I”m working on things and refer to it nonstop. Here is a link to get you started there:

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Game_modding_%26_3D_modeling

Take some time to look through that, if for no other reason then to understand what a huge request you have made.

If you need specific help let myself or anyone know what your trying to do and I promise you will figure out how to do it, or at least learn something neat in the process. Good luck btw!

Oh, and on topic. I will try to find some pics of the other pink panther charecters online. I have a realy slow connection so video isn’t going to help me. Do you have specific charecters you want , or do you just want models from the show in general?

Panther30
    Participant

I suppose I wanted the inspector and his sidekick (frank, otherwise known as Sergeant Deux-deux) and the aardvark and the ant. I cant think of any or the other characters right off hand.

I found some pics here
    http://www.kevinmccorrytv.com/panther.html

heh I forgot how funny the mad scientist episode was (the inspector doesnt realize that his sidekick has gone jekyll / hyde and gets horribly mangled by the transforming sergeant Deux-deux)

cbx550f
    Participant

Was just looking at The Inspector. If I get some free time this week I may give it a go. 😉

formoderrors
    Participant

cbx550f, that means you HAVE to do my mod for this with AoM-style tanks(you must NOT forget any.)

______

I Smell Lovely!

cbx550f
    Participant

I do not respond really well to being ordered about.

Plus, I am not familiar with AoM or whatever you were talking about. I’d like to do a Panther character because I think it would be FUN.

Panther30
    Participant

formoderross,

do me a favor and please stop hijacking my thread please.

thank you

—Panther30

InductiveOne
    Participant

The little guy with squinty eyes and a blue cape/hat. Thats the inspectors sidekick right? Anyway, working on a him tank, will post it when i’m done (gimme another hour or so). CBX, you working on an inspector?

Panther30
    Participant

yep tha little guy in the blue cape and hat is the sidekick seargeant deux-deux.

InductiveOne
    Participant

Missing a hand and a gun of some sort. Anything in particular you want him to be holding? If not I will try some generic cartoon type gun or maybe space blaster or something (i think i have a space blaster that might work acualy).

Oh well, I still suck at texturing.

1428 triangles so far, thats not bad right?

Panther30
    Participant

@inductiveone wrote:

Missing a hand and a gun of some sort. Anything in particular you want him to be holding? If not I will try some generic cartoon type gun or maybe space blaster or something (i think i have a space blaster that might work acualy).

Oh well, I still suck at texturing.

1428 triangles so far, thats not bad right?

that looks great!

cartoon pistol will work fine. I think that is what he shot the inspector with when he was that monster.

cbx550f
    Participant

That’s awesome, Indy!

I’m working a bit on The Inspector as we speak – I’ll let you know how I make out (I likely won’t get back to it for many days if I don’t come up with something tonight)

Cheers

cbx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.