This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 8 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Panther30
    Participant

I am taking my web/game servers offline sometime next week for a little while. On the 13th of may I will be going out of state and will be away probably a week.
    I willl try and upgrade the scorched servers to 42.1 when I return. I will have questions at that time.

see you soon,

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

due to a power outage yesterday, the server is now offline. I’ll put it back online when I return in a week and ahalf or so.

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

mmm. crud. I will be away until the 22nd of May. My web/game servers will be up sometime after that.

Would someone please post instructions on downloading the source from SVN using a linux based server?

If the instructions are posted beween now and the 22nd it will make the scorched upgrade go faster when I return.

Thanks,

—Panther30

Irishbandit
    Participant

@panther30 wrote:

mmm. crud. I will be away until the 22nd of May. My web/game servers will be up sometime after that.

Would someone please post instructions on downloading the source from SVN using a linux based server?

If the instructions are posted beween now and the 22nd it will make the scorched upgrade go faster when I return.

Thanks,

—Panther30

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Download_Source_Code

svn co https://scorched3d.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scorched3d/trunk scorched3d

You can also download just the source from the latest release at
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=85144

Panther30
    Participant

guess I should have been more specific. I dont have an SVN client on the server yet. I will probably need to get one somehow. would that be apt-get svn? since my server runs fedora 8?
    I will look at the above link Irish posted. in case getting the source is that easy.

Edit: Oh, it was that easy. Thanks Irish. I’ll spend the next few days upgrading the servers then. see ya all soon!

—Panther30

Irishbandit
    Participant

No problem Panther hope your upgrade goes well. 🙂

Chopper
    Participant

That Irish is a freakin’ linux genius… =D>

When Ya comin’ round to main?

Panther30
    Participant

al right guys.

-webserver is up and website is functional
    -forums work
    -stats pages are functional
    -stats databases are functional

had a few problems compiling scorched had a missing ljpeg library. fixed it.

-scorched is compiled. tested O.K.
    -Pinkpanther mod starts up fine.
    -(fixed) Raptor now stars up fine.

I still need to make a few changes to the panther.xml server setting file because it is about a year old.

Rock N ROLL

Irishbandit
    Participant

Awesome!! =D> =D>

Just got home.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.