This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jonny McFire 10 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

According to the official provider (Sourceforge) and Download.com, Scorched 3D has been downloaded over 1,500,000 times.

With 900,448 downloads from Sourceforge and 681,134 downloads from Download.com, the exact number at the time of this posting is 1,581,582 downloads.

That’s a number to be proud of for sure!

cbx550f
    Participant

Wow. Err, a bit impressive, Gavin. Cheers. 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yey, we rock!! 🙂

Picci
    Participant

grats ! 😀

i’m glad 4 u all 😉 (lol, i just thought gavin could become millionaire just by adding an add on the installation window, that shows up while ur waiting..

(1% – 50% an add, and 51%-100%) another add…

even with very little $ x add shown u would still make loads of money…

just an idea to think about 😉

(i know u all probably hate adds, and i do too, but in this case a small 40×30 pixel box could be worth a small fortune 😀

Bye,
    Picci

mecha mario
    Participant

Kool we could probably get more if we advertised a little more

Chopper
    Participant

Thank You Gavin…… for this game and all it does to challenge,entertain and provide us with a way for people around the world to enjoy each others company.

We love ya’ man! 😀

Spectrum
    Participant

AWSOME 😯 ❗ ❗

Irishbandit
    Participant

YAY

SPYRER
    Participant

I think is is safe to say Scorched has exceeded the downloads of the Paris Hilton Tape LOL. 😀

Congrats Gavin!!!!!!!

Crispy Critter
    Participant

*clink!*

Way to go, Gavin and the dev team!

hobbesme
    Participant

Uh, where exactly are all these 1.5 million players? Surely they aren’t all playing solo games offline. What’s the deal? Why such a huge disparity between the HUGE number of downloads & relatively small number of online players? Out of 1.5 million downloads, shouldn’t we expect to see at least several 1000 regular players online instead of maybe the few 100 that we see playing on all the various mods?

Weird.

Ebonite
    Participant

I’m sure many are repeat d/l’s for each version. I probably count for 10 myself. been here since v35

BOY
    Participant

is 1,500,000 a lot or something? 🙂

Deathstryker
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

I’m sure many are repeat d/l’s for each version. I probably count for 10 myself. been here since v35

Definitely. Plus there are those that download it and forget about it or decide it’s not the game for them.

But you’re ruining the point here! It’s still nice that people would think about the game enough to download it 1.5 million times.

Jonny McFire
    Participant

The deal with the downloads to online player ratio is due to many factors.
    In my opinion the main reason, after choosing to actually play online which one cannot hope to really affect, is Server Selection.

Problem: When going to choose a server, Apoc comes up first, so that is where many people may go; I know that’s where I went. Before you get to main, you see beginner, both of which are preceeded by tons and tons of mostly unplayed servers.

Possible Solution: When a player logs onto a server, log that event, possibly by having the server send you some sort of information. You can use those logs to rank servers. Using the ranking system you can sort the servers when people refresh the list. May be a lot of work, but the players would easily see which servers are active, and I’m sure main would be somewhere at the top.

-J McF

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.