This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Strangelove 4 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Dr. Strangelove
    Participant

Hi,

I am making a new mod called “Operation Strangelove”.
    My mod is an submod of AWE.

-This mod is made to have a slower, more strategical gameplay then AWE.
    -I also fixed a lot of bugs, made/retextured a lot of new maps, and added a lot of weapons and air strikes.
    -Another important gameplay change is that all shields except two are replaced by armour,
    and are much stronger than in AWE.
    -Don’t forget to take a look at the environment: I retextured the water, snow, rain, sky, sun, moon, …
    -and so much more…

Download link:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/2776704702/strangelove.zip

installation instructions: extract the zip archive in your (your scorched 3d main folder | where your s3d settings are saved)/mods folder 😉

you can find the credits in the (your scorched 3d main folder | where your s3d settings are saved)/mods/strangelove/data/liscensing/ folder

ENJOY!!!!! 😀

ArmorWraith
    Participant

here is an actual tomahawk missile for your mod.

armor

Dr. Strangelove
    Participant

Huuuuge thanks!!!!! I updated my mod!

Dr. Strangelove
    Participant

I released a new version of my mod… (v0.2)
    new features:
    -new smoke mushroom for nukes
    -more realistic nuke explosions
    -a lot of new maps
    -I added the W82 and W79 nuclear artillery shells (more powerful than W33 and W48)
    -new grenade: M-34 Smoke White Phosphorus (WP) Grenade
    -I fixed some crashes
    -more balance
    -new explosion textures
    -I fixed a lot of bugs
    -reduced lag
    -…

Download link:

installation instructions: extract the zip archive in your (your scorched 3d main folder | where your s3d settings are saved)/mods folder 😉

you can find the credits in the (your scorched 3d main folder | where your s3d settings are saved)/mods/strangelove/data/liscensing/ folder

ENJOY!!!!! 😀

Dr. Strangelove
    Participant

(I noticed a small bug… 8-[ so I made a patch 😉
    Instalation Instructions:
    1. Check if there is a folder called “strangelove” in your “(your scorched 3d main folder | where your s3d settings are saved)/mods” folder if not, skip steps 2 & 3
    2. Download the mod… you can find the download link in the first post in this topic. 😉
    3. Install the mod… you can find the instructions in the first post in this topic. 😉
    4. Download the patch… it’s attached to this post. 😉
    5. Do the same with the patch… ❗ don’t forget to overwrite the old files if there’s a window that asks or you wan’t to overwrite the old files ❗
    6. Congratulations!!! you installed the patch :wink:)

I updated my mod, so I removed the patch 😉

Dr. Strangelove
    Participant

Two download links for myself: (my Scorched3D configuration backup)
    http://rapidshare.com/files/3778803741/display.xml
    http://rapidshare.com/files/3768806921/singlecustom.xml

Dr. Strangelove
    Participant

Hi, I released a new version of my mod… (version 1.0)

here’s the download link:

(this version has identical installation instructions as previous versions)

btw: the screenshots attached to this post are unedited, maybe you do not believe it, but I found a trick to add some very beautiful and realistic motion blur to scorched 3d (I used compiz for it, so it will only work with linux…). It does not lag a lot (I only experienced a framerate drop of 1/2 fps, but it feels smoother than without motion blur), and it makes scorched 3d’s graphics very realistic! Anti-aliasing is not needed anymore, because every pixel that changes color will be blurred relative to the amount of diffrence between the same pixel on the current frame, and the previous frame, so it will make scorched 3d even faster then before because, as I said AA is’nt needed anymore, althrough I never used it because it lags a lot, and you notice only a very small diference in quality (exept on very low screen resolutions… but at the moment, almost all new pc’s have a high, or very high screen resolution, sometimes even big enough to make AA useless, because you can’t see the diffrence between AA and no AA on a very high resolution monitor…). I also noticed that it will make explosions very beautifull, and after the explosion it adds some kind of expanding radial blur on the surrounding landscape textures for a few seconds, so it looks like a shockwave. You maybe noticed that I put the game speed to 0.1 (instead of 1.0), but it was easier for screenshot timing and it does not affect the motion blur effect. You maybe also saw two vertical lines of 1 pixel width at both edges of the screen (at the left side a grey one, and at the right side a black one), that’s because I used windowed mode, removed the window decorations (yes, it’s possible in linux), and I put the screen resolution to 1365×768 (my screen resolution is 1366×1768). I used this workaround because the motion blur effect does not work in “real” fullscreen mode… It requires a lot of other workarounds, but as far as I know you cannot see them on the screen, so I thought: is it a good idea to add a motion blur effect option to the scorched3d engine? Maybe we can ask the Compiz developers if it is possible to give permission (as far as I know, Compiz is open-source software so I think that wouldn’t be a problem) to use their motion blur plugin for scorched3d.

ENJOY!!!!! 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.