This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 10 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

Cool! A Floor model TV! 😛

(Sorry, that’s the first thing that came to mind… I just had to… ;))

Bobirov
    Participant

Here’s the detonator for the claymores. 200 triangles on the nose. Spent too much time texturing it and the edges still look like crap, but oh well.

Also, these screenshots are taken with 256×256 textures applied. I’ve reduced them down to 128×128 in the mod to keep the size down because you don’t really see the detail anyways.

doom
    Participant

what mod are these being used in?

jdog
    Participant

@doom wrote:

what mod are these being used in?

There going to be in the next version of OP Scorch. Which will be for the next version of scorched3d.

cbx550f
    Participant

Something tells me it may appear in the present version soon…..

Bob doesn’t tend to keep things hidden. lol

Bobirov
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Something tells me it may appear in the present version soon…..

Bob doesn’t tend to keep things hidden. lol

The RPG won’t, as 40.1d doesn’t have the projectile thrust. But I will probably add the claymores as they don’t require anything new.

I’ve taken the server down for the moment though as it was constantly giving me trouble and not to mention all the little issues I was having with fuel lag on 2forts and the win conditions getting fowled up on the other two maps.

Willis
    Participant

Nice. Where’s the degal? That weapon in scorched would be the equivalent of a nuke!

BOY
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Here’s the detonator for the claymores. 200 triangles on the nose. Spent too much time texturing it and the edges still look like crap, but oh well.

Also, these screenshots are taken with 256×256 textures applied. I’ve reduced them down to 128×128 in the mod to keep the size down because you don’t really see the detail anyways.

looks pretty good, actually. Nice work. These will make a welcome addition to the operation. 😀

Bobirov
    Participant

Been working on a few Middle Eastern themed buildings here and there for a possible new map for Operation Scorched. Here’s a couple pics.

Small house or shop variants.

Mosque

doom
    Participant

can you theme it like the one with the two bases? that is really fun

Bobirov
    Participant

@doom wrote:

can you theme it like the one with the two bases? that is really fun

I could, but I actually have a different scenario in mind.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

😯 excellent models rob ..

3d modeling relaxes me.. best hobby ever.

KTM Rider
    Participant

Ooh, very nice. OpS really appeals to me ’cause of the tactical spin on things. Those claymores would definitely make for some interesting situations….

I really like that mosque, but it makes me want to drive up onto buildings… Crouch up on the roof and snipe. Doubt it would be possible, but really neat. Come to think of it, cityscapes would be neat, too.

So is the plan to have more maps with different specific goals? On map X accomplish Y to win, while the enemy team tries to stop you?

This is reminding me of C&C Generals….. 🙂

Bobirov
    Participant

@KTM Rider wrote:

Come to think of it, cityscapes would be neat, too.

Ya, this new middle eastern map will be an urban type scenario with lots of buildings to hide behind. 😛

@KTM Rider wrote:

So is the plan to have more maps with different specific goals? On map X accomplish Y to win, while the enemy team tries to stop you?

Yes, all OpS maps will have some form of goal implemented in them. It might not be a game winning goal, it could just be for bonus points, but goals nonetheless.

For the middle eastern map, I am thinking of a new type of scenario where there will be a random event that fires off and creates a target or goal that must be taken out. Whichever team accomplishes the goal will get a set amount of points and then another random goal will be generated. The team that accomplishes the most goals (or kills the other team) while doing the least amount of collateral damage will be the winner.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.