This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 13 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi everyone, here newbie on the forum.
    Before posting I searched on the forums and the website for info on my problem but couln’t find anything near my problem.
    Anyway, im trying to compile the source on a Suse 9.2 laptop with an nvidia geforce 4 420 and configure throws :

checking for OpenGL support… no
    configure: error: *** Can’t find the OpenGL library Try: http://www.opengl.org

my glxinfo shows:

server glx version string: 1.3
    client glx version string: 1.3
    OpenGL version string: 1.4.1 NVIDIA 53.36
    glu version: 1.3

the glx enviroment variables are set and I can also play ut2004 and other opengl games so I don’t know what could be the problem.
    I also tried to install the game through rpm but everytime I try to start a new game the program shows a window complaining about the lack of opengl extensions.

I thought about posting my dmesg here but I really don’t know if its going to be useful. If anyone needs more information please ask.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The compiler looks for an include directory called GL perhaps your directory is called gl. If this is the case you can simlink one to the other.

Anonymous
    Participant

strange I found the GL folder inside /usr/include/ then just in case I made simlinks from that folder into /usr/local/include. Still ./configure throws the same error. Im using a pretty much a default installation of SuSE 9.2 the only differences I’ve done to the system so far are just some eyecandies and libvdvcss .

wolface
    Participant

ok, the last post was mine… now im registered :p

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I can’t really think of any issues that could occur. When doing this check it tries to compile a program like this.

#include
    #include

int main()
    {
    return 0;
    }

Perhaps you could trying putting this code into a file and compiling it. That should show you what the problem is.

You could also use the –disable-opengltest flag to supress the error 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.