This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 11 years, 1 month ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #34859

    BigBear
    Participant

    @ Willis

    Selective hearing huh. You would certainly know all about that since that seems to be a favourite technique of yours. Offcourse I’ve read the whole topic. I do not select quotes on random. The difference lies in yours and mine respective definitions of what constitutes ‘stupid idiotic and not helpful, not even funny’ and in what context the quotes mentioned are valid (that goes for you as well DS).
    I certainly do not hate you Willis, how could I when I don’t even know you. That said I certainly disagree with you on many issues (although from what I could tell we agreed on the score issue for the most part). Most importantly I feel we have a basic disagreement when it comes to the attitude towards who/what this community is and how it is best served.

    @ all posters in this thread

    Except for me everyone that has posted here is part of a different ‘generation’ of scorchers than me. I understand that the years here has formed a number of bonds, alliances and views on various issues. This is all fine and I’m not looking to take that away if anyone thought so. What I would like is that you to consider for yourselves if you really are open to new people, ideas and interests making this a open, living and dynamic forum/community. Personally I don’t think that all of you are, but please consider it and make up your own minds.

    #34860

    apache64d
    Participant

    I just wanna say some things.
    Yes it is good to “release some of the air” sometimes on serious topic.. BUT I saw that even of a topic (on the priavte admin) about a rascist player it beacome more like an off topic then a importent topic about a player that become a serious “problem” in here. What I saw the spam replies there I just thought to myself: Here we go again…..even in this serious and quite importent issue they just can’t stop spamming?
    Guys, like I said, a bit spam here and there is good (even I use it) BUT for crying out loud: some topics are HAVE TO be more serious and there is no place for spam there (continuous spam, in arrow).

    #34861

    Irishbandit
    Participant

    @bigbear wrote:

    @ all posters in this thread

    Except for me everyone that has posted here is part of a different ‘generation’ of scorchers than me. I understand that the years here has formed a number of bonds, alliances and views on various issues. This is all fine and I’m not looking to take that away if anyone thought so. What I would like is that you to consider for yourselves if you really are open to new people, ideas and interests making this a open, living and dynamic forum/community. Personally I don’t think that all of you are, but please consider it and make up your own minds.

    I think the response to the new admin spots shows that this forum/community is open to new people and ideas.

    Some times things dont move as fast as some people want or things are not changed when people feel that it should but for the most part i think that people listen to what is being said.

    That being said i think people should learn to enjoy the different aspects of the forum’s life. Its like a fine wine it gets better with age.

    Side note
    What scorched generation am i from?

    #34862

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    @irishbandit wrote:

    @bigbear wrote:

    @ all posters in this thread

    Except for me everyone that has posted here is part of a different ‘generation’ of scorchers than me. I understand that the years here has formed a number of bonds, alliances and views on various issues. This is all fine and I’m not looking to take that away if anyone thought so. What I would like is that you to consider for yourselves if you really are open to new people, ideas and interests making this a open, living and dynamic forum/community. Personally I don’t think that all of you are, but please consider it and make up your own minds.

    I think the response to the new admin spots shows that this forum/community is open to new people and ideas.

    Some times things dont move as fast as some people want or things are not changed when people feel that it should but for the most part i think that people listen to what is being said.

    That being said i think people should learn to enjoy the different aspects of the forum’s life. Its like a fine wine it gets better with age.

    Side note
    What scorched generation am i from?

    I agree with this. If you look, I have never said anything against adding new admins. I thought that they should be added. I’d consider that an openness for new people, don’t you?

    @bigbear wrote:

    …Most importantly I feel we have a basic disagreement when it comes to the attitude towards who/what this community is and how it is best served.

    No offense, but this community has worked rather well in the close-to-3 years that I’ve visited here and has really never came into question until you mentioned it today.

    #34863

    BOY
    Participant

    Seems this topic was on the way to its death… I was fairly sure it would keep going a bit, despite the misleading title of it 😛

    @ all posters in this thread

    Except for me everyone that has posted here is part of a different ‘generation’ of scorchers than me.

    hmmm, not quite sure I agree there. I would’t call myself part of any ‘generation’ at all. If I had to be from one, I’d be in whatever one Irish is in. 😀

    No offense, but this community has worked rather well in the close-to-3 years that I’ve visited here and has really never came into question until you mentioned it today.

    I don’t entirely agree with that one either. I don’t think that you could ever say that the community “didn’t work well” as a whole, it tends to go quite well. It hasn’t been without its issues though. 😕

    #34864

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    Damn. I was hoping this topic was gonna die.

    I’m not gonna say anything to refuel it though

    Good day to you all.

    #34865

    jdog
    Participant

    *Shoots topic*, its dead now DS

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.