This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Spectrum
    Participant

I noticed when I DL the new version that apoc was gone from game.
    So I got to thinking about some of the other mods, like shocwave, merge, and the rest (forgot all the rest of the mods). What happened to all of them? Is there any way to bring them back to version 44?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I believe Apoc was dropped for AWE (something about Bunny threatening to boil himself alive if we didn’t show much love for his epic mod), the traditional mod servers died a short-ish while ago, I’m assuming (based on nothing but snippets of information I’ve ignored in the mod section) that the servers were taken down by Thrax/Panther/Lappy and whoever else has hosted them over recent years.

I’m sure BunnyMan will have a far better response for you that’s more informative and better written 🙂

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@spectrum wrote:

I noticed when I DL the new version that apoc was gone from game.
    So I got to thinking about some of the other mods, like shocwave, merge, and the rest (forgot all the rest of the mods). What happened to all of them? Is there any way to bring them back to version 44?

Yes and no.
    Merge was hosted a wee bit back by Thrax, but I haven’t seen him in ages. He stopped hosting unfortunately.

I updated shockwave a little while ago, during v43 I believe, unfortunately it was just a personal experiment.

Apoc was removed, as it was getting too out of date, and we decided to package AWE with the base game instead. AWE needed frequent updates, so we decided to make it a separate download again so it could edit local user mod files without any issues.

Raptor, Pink Panther, Scavenger, Stoneage, Swars, FunkyTown, Kid, Opscorched, Roofmod, Sniper, Superheroes, and D-Day haven’t seen the light of day in quite a while.

All of these mods would require extensive updates and maintenance, and unfortunately any time I spend modding goes into fixing and maintaining AWE.

I have thought about updating shockwave again, would be a fun experiment.

All the best,

Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

The mod I miss most is mcb mod. Was a great server to check out accuracy as the stats were far less influenced by other factors.

The trouble with dropping below critical mass in the community. 🙁

and ….. Yea, far better response from Master Bunny 🙂

Spectrum
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

Yes and no.
    Merge was hosted a wee bit back by Thrax, but I haven’t seen him in ages. He stopped hosting unfortunately.

Yeah that makes it kind of hard. I bet the lack of players had something to do with it.

@armorwraith wrote:

Apoc was removed, as it was getting too out of date,

Actually it’s still on the game if you play a local game. However I seem to recall that Bob disappeared back around version 41 or 42 if I remember right.

@armorwraith wrote:

Raptor, Pink Panther, Scavenger, Stoneage, Swars, FunkyTown, Kid, Opscorched, Roofmod, Sniper, Superheroes, and D-Day haven’t seen the light of day in quite a while.

I’ve only know part of that list, honestly I forgot about a couple of them. The rest sound cool.

@armorwraith wrote:

I have thought about updating shockwave again, would be a fun experiment.

You should totally do that [-o< 😉

All the best,

Armor[/quote]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.