This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

This thread has been restored to its original forum and non relevant posts deleted.

Rommel
    Participant

I’m not exactly sure why the moderators felt that the posts from Thrax and lt were of more value than my explanation of why the server time issue should be addressed or the explaination of why I thought it was off by almost an hour and a half recently but thank you for restroring the thread to the probem section where it properly belongs.

Since actual and verifiable problem reports and the related solutions appear to be neither needed nor appreciated in the problem section, I’ll try to stick to the off-topic section for the remainder of my journey and suggest that the rest of you may find yourselves less frustrated if you do the same.

BOY
    Participant

I simply missed that post, you don’t miss much do you.

The time problem persists, yes, I know. Please give it time to be corrected. You can continue to post updates here as much as you like, well, not daily or anything.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The server is now running an ntp demon that should keep the time stable. Let me know if it drifts again.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Gavin :

The server clock is working fine. As before, I will make periodic checks and post if I see a problem. If no problems are discovered before the time change occurs in the spring, I hope to be able to report that the change was uneventful.

Thank you for installing the DEMON daemon
    (remembering demon dialers and acoustic couplers).
    Hopefully you secured a spell or potion to protect us.
    If not, Brother Woody* may have just the thing.

Keep up the good work and above all, keep smiling.

Giggles are everywhere, all you have to do is reach
    out and grab one.

Sincerely, (except for Brother Woody)

Rommel

* Brother Woody’s website is linked in the off-topic section in the economic collapse thread. Perhaps you’d like to use his site to remodel yours, it is very flashy.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks m8, let us know if you spot it being wrong.

Rommel
    Participant

I’m an hour out of sync again.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Test

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Not sure whats wrong the server has the correct time.

Rommel
    Participant

Are you on Daylight Savings time ?

Rommel
    Participant

Test

Rommel
    Participant

Got it. I had to change my profile to indicate that Daylight Savings Time
    is in effect. Not sure what will happen in the fall but if you get a notice,
    the users will need to modify their profile.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.