This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

I’ve been keeping check of the time for several days now and observed that the reported server time is 22 minutes ahead of the time I show on my computer. Not really much of an issue but I wasn’t sure if anyone else had reported this. Keep this in mind when scanning the logs or making a report of the time for some reason.

I’ve checked the available time settings and I have the proper GMT setting choosen so please don’t bother suggestting that I check my settings.

I must go eat now. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

parasti
    Participant

I read the logs almost daily, and I’m positive I’ve never encountered this problem.

cbx550f
    Participant

I can confirm this.
    The time showing on the forum server is indeed off by 22-23 minutes.

Has been for as long as I can remember (which isn’t long!)

BigBear
    Participant

+1
    I concurr that the shift is present.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Also confuses me why this is using a co.uk domain but the time is +2hours

EDIT: and yes, 22 mins fast aswell as the 2 hours

jdog
    Participant

*shurgs*

They like to arrive early for thing. 😉

Rommel
    Participant

That’s the problem with being positive. @parasti wrote:

I read the logs almost daily, and I’m positive I’ve never encountered this problem.

It always seems to come back to you bite you in the butt. 😉

Rommel

parasti
    Participant

Then that time has yet to come and I will be ready. In my own defence, I was obviously speaking about the game logs, not the “logs” of this forum or web-site.

Rommel
    Participant

Attention Clock Keeper:

Perhaps clock keepers have gone the way of lamp lighters, cobblers, stone masons, etc..

As of the twenty fourth day of December in the year 2007 A.D., the server time is now approximately thirty minutes fast. Either the world is slowing or more likely, the clock timer on the server is running a bit fast as evidenced by the time difference reported in my initial post.

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

It has come to my attention that the clock keeper has reset the clock. You may find that you need to go into your profile and reset your time zone. 8)

That is all.

Rommel
    Participant

Congratulations to the clock keeper. The server time seems to be stable.

Rommel
    Participant

This is a test.
    It is only a test.

This is a test of the server time settings.

The actual time of this posting was 11:10 AM GMT

Update : The server time shown (12:35 PM) is 1 Hour and 25 minutes ahead of the actual time.

It appears that automatic updates utiliziing off site sources may not be desired. If so, then a closer study should produce a reliable formula for making periodic and automatic adjustments to the server clock using the server software only.

Rommel
    Participant

The site linked below presents a running GMT clock for Dublin, Ireland.
    It is very informative about various time issues and is nicely designed.

Dublin Time

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

It appears that automatic updates utiliziing off site sources may not be desired. If so, then a closer study should produce a reliable formula for making periodic and automatic adjustments to the server clock using the server software only.

linux uses something called ntp (network time protocol). the scorched site seems to be on a dedicated server these days and, i dont know, but i can make a very confident guess that gcamp is the only guy around here with system level access.

theres no point spamming up the forum. maybe you should send a pm.

http headers report fedora. if you want to help constructively, try hitting up the fedora forums for terms like ntp, ntpq and ntp.conf, time drift and hardware clock.

im sure gc would love some advice on how to fix it. xmas coming up, recession; thats probably exactly the kind of diversion he needs. id probably link him up with some wiki pages on time zones, leap seconds and the history of greenwich while i was at it. you can never have too much background information when planning an efficient and proper procedure for setting your clock.

BOY
    Participant

I’ve deleted one post by tumbleweed. tumble, consider this a verbal warning.

IMO, there is no reason to make a clock issue a “player complaint”. This issue could be placed in several places…..

None the less, the thread originated in “complaints” and I will return it to its place if you wish. However, I’m, just going to split it, and delete the newest, starting at whatever point you want, I will not be issuing “written” warnings this time. I will be trying to monitor the complaints forum more regularly in the future. I’ve been in the habit for some time since summer of not really checking all the forums as I got really behind.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.