This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Picci 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

Thanks Pastor, I loved your reply. 😉

@pastor of muppets wrote:

I thought Rommell did a fine job of getting his point across in a light hearted way so as not to offend anyone. He also added humor to something that should be taken seriously but not TOO seriously. People are going to be dumb it’s the inernet and it attracts all kinds as long as our admins are informed they can help control it and I appreciate all your efforts 🙂 As far as Rommel’s post hey it’s a game and I come here for fun even the forums are supposed to be sorta kinda a little fun no?

I do like to have fun and I have more fun here and in the games than I do most anywhere. That being said, I’m not above making a public apology if one is due.

My intent in making the post was not to make a personal jab at Panther but to try and help get a change made in the way these types of things get reported in the hopes of improving the Scorched3D experience for everyone. A private forum where anyone can post but only the admins can read is what I sugggested several days before this thread got started. I’m not sure if it was overlooked, or perhaps no one else sees the need to keep offensive behaviour off the public forums. In either case, I’m not suggesting that it be allowed to go unchecked and since this seems to be the only way to make a group report, don’t worry about me, I’ll put up a few more sticky notes.

Now where did I put those sticky notes?

I must get more sticky notes soon. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

BOY
    Participant

@The Mighty Muha wrote:

Rommel, did anyone ever tell you that you just rock!

/SIGNED!!

I totally did laugh out loud when I read that, Rommel. I didn’t realize you had so much comedic talent.

The following things I have realized some time ago:

1) It is impossible to keep jerks off the server all the time. There is no solution so just take a deep breath and accept this. When it gets too annoying, just use MUTE or take a break and tell the admins here. Nuf said.

2) Locking threads doesn’t solve the problem of ugly threads, but by god I’ll do it for the fun of it! 😉

Rommel
    Participant

Thanks, BOY and you too Mighty Huha. Apparently, I get a little to carried away at times though as evidenced by Apache’s reaction and that of my mother. It was a mistake to tell her about this. She is angry, no, VERY ANGRY !!!
    @boy wrote:

@The Mighty Muha wrote:

Rommel, did anyone ever tell you that you just rock!

/SIGNED!!

I totally did laugh out loud when I read that, Rommel. I didn’t realize you had so much comedic talent.

The following things I have realized some time ago:

1) It is impossible to keep jerks off the server all the time. There is no solution so just take a deep breath and accept this. When it gets too annoying, just use MUTE or take a break and tell the admins here. Nuf said.

2) Locking threads doesn’t solve the problem of ugly threads, but by god I’ll do it for the fun of it! 😉

She thinks I know how to get ahold of that guy and that I’m depriving her of her last chance for a carefree fling. 😉
    I love the part about locking threads just for the fun of it. Perhaps it’s time to lock this one.

May health and happiness be the constant companions of you all.

I must go destroy the world now. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

cbx550f
    Participant

@pastor of muppets wrote:

I thought Rommell did a fine job of getting his point across in a light hearted way so as not to offend anyone. He also added humor to something that should be taken seriously but not TOO seriously.

I cannot agree more.

I was going to post here after reading the reply that POM refers to, but chose to take an alternate route.
    Glad to see this thread hasn’t, as I feared it would, get out of hand.

Romm: Your post was, in my eyes, both humourous and forthwith… however, to someone without a complete “natural” grasp of English, it may not have been.
    Having said that, I ask this: Keep it up, as it was a good post; also keep in mind that some may not get it. 😉

I apologize for replying like this to a thread that “is getting hijacked”, but I think it has truly BEEN hijacked (and not split as I asked the mods to do :P).

Panther: I’m confident that your post about the offensive names is not lost in all of this… having been in the admin forums before, I think it has likely been discussed, and is being watched for.

Cheers

cbx

Panther30
    Participant

thanks everyone.

Picci
    Participant

ok, ppl, after i heard all the cheating deal from Thrax i decided to come back… just to get some things straight… (don’t ask about xmas tournament yet though)

@ rommel, yes, that post on page 1, funny.
    @ apache, why do u have to take everything so seriously all the time ? (referred to your comment about rommel’s post)
    @MCB lover… if you become admin i’ll buy a new computer just so i can play v.41 to blow u off the maps. (@BOY, now plz don’t make him admin just cause i said that! :P)

enough said.

PS comment to mcb lover not intended in a positive way.
    PPS see ya all in the xmas tournament thread.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.