This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

Just wondering how hard it might be to have ODE listed as a dependancy and linking to it (for *nixes, at least) rather than including the source for ODE and compiling it at Scorched compile time?

I haven’t looked at the source/makefiles to see… I may answer this question myself 😉

This leads on to two more questions:

1. Has the ODE source been modified in any way?
    2. Has Scorched been tested with ODE 0.5?

Just curious, and also, Thanks, Gavin – a while ago I got perusing the links on this site, and discovered ODE. It’s pretty cool… led me onto playing around making driving simulations etc. 🙂

cbx

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Just wondering how hard it might be to have ODE listed as a dependancy and linking to it (for *nixes, at least) rather than including the source for ODE and compiling it at Scorched compile time?

Should be very possible. At the time of inclusion it was not something that was easy to install. So I included it to save hastle.

Has Scorched been tested with ODE 0.5?

I updated recently (can’t remember what version though).

Just curious, and also, Thanks, Gavin – a while ago I got perusing the links on this site, and discovered ODE. It’s pretty cool… led me onto playing around making driving simulations etc.

Yeah a very nice tool that I hardly make use of 🙂
    It would be nice for explosions etc to blow tanks, trees, etc around.

cbx550f
    Participant

Quote:

Should be very possible. At the time of inclusion it was not something that was easy to install. So I included it to save hastle.

Maybe I’ll try this soon. In Linux ODE is an easy install these days.

I updated recently (can’t remember what version though).

I guess if I had looked recently, I may have noticed that. 😉

Yeah a very nice tool that I hardly make use of Smile
    It would be nice for explosions etc to blow tanks, trees, etc around.

That would be neat 🙂

I took a look – but I’m not sure of something: Do you use ODE for the terrain?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.