This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Thrax 11 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

The Roofmod server is back!

There were some problems last night for some people (I messed up a texture file – it was not only huge, but also was the wrong dimensions!)

It’s running at 216.221.71.162:27270
    I set the max mod download speed to about 300k, it took me about 30 seconds to download it. 🙂

Also – the stats are messed up since I changed the IP (it treats everyone as a new user for some reason).

Cheers

cbx

Sondra
    Participant

FIX IT OR I’LL ZEP YOU!!!! 😉

Panther30
    Participant

you will have to change the ip in the mysql database…. I will tell you where it is stored in just a second….
    oh duh…

you need to change the published ip in server xml

and then you MIGHT need to change it in the mysql database under the scorched servers table…

I could be wrong…..

—Panther30

cbx550f
    Participant

Ooops, meant to post here the other night, but forgot.

The stats have been reset, see http://216.221.71.162/scorchedstats/ for stats. (Yeah, I know, I know, I made a typo in the game messages on the URL for the stats…. it’s fixed, whenever I restart the server next it’ll be right)

For the future of the mod, I think I’ll likely work on maps more – there’s a couple that need a better roof, and I’d like to get some random maps in there. Also, I want to work more on textures. Here and there a new weapon might pop up too… I’m still thinking about the “safe” that a few people have mentioned… tonight my son was thinking of ideas for weapons (gave me some neat ideas, actually :)), and he mentioned a safe falling too. I guess I HAVE to do it. 😉

Thanks for all the support!!

Roof on!

cbx

BOY
    Participant

rats, the other day i just had my first kills and roof shot kills too. I did like the maps and stuff, map on!

jdog
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Ooops, meant to post here the other night, but forgot.

The stats have been reset, see http://216.221.71.162/scorchedstats/ for stats. (Yeah, I know, I know, I made a typo in the game messages on the URL for the stats…. it’s fixed, whenever I restart the server next it’ll be right)

For the future of the mod, I think I’ll likely work on maps more – there’s a couple that need a better roof, and I’d like to get some random maps in there. Also, I want to work more on textures. Here and there a new weapon might pop up too… I’m still thinking about the “safe” that a few people have mentioned… tonight my son was thinking of ideas for weapons (gave me some neat ideas, actually :)), and he mentioned a safe falling too. I guess I HAVE to do it. 😉

Thanks for all the support!!

Roof on!

cbx

You can use any of the textures from my mod if you want.

BTW good job!

BOY
    Participant

jdog, noticed that you actually got a picture there, way to go! after only 800 posts! 😯

jdog
    Participant

@boy wrote:

jdog, noticed that you actually got a picture there, way to go! after only 800 posts! 😯

Ya, finally decided to put one up.

Ebonite
    Participant

I was thinking (yes, I lnow, bad ebo) but isn’t gravity scalable? I would imagine it would be easier to hit the roof, particularly in bigger maps, if there was less than “normal” gravity in effect

Bobirov
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

I was thinking (yes, I lnow, bad ebo) but isn’t gravity scalable?

Not yet that I’m aware of. 🙁

Brain Damage
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@ebonite² wrote:

I was thinking (yes, I lnow, bad ebo) but isn’t gravity scalable?

Not yet that I’m aware of. 🙁

it’s possible to do, go to the server settings (server.xml) , then go to the gravity settings, then change the value (i never tryed to change it, but since it’s a negative value for default; i suppose that decreasing that value will reduce the gravity and maybe positive values will reverse the gravity 😯 :twisted:)
    note: if you alter the values in the settings you are able to set parameters to custom values (eg. interests at 33 percent, killing money to 1234$ and so on) instead using the presets in the gui

cbx550f
    Participant

Good idea, Ebo – I had thought of that, but I thought we couldn’t change the gravity. Thanks BD, for pointing that out – I forgot about that.

I have a nagging feeling it doesn’t work though…. I’ll test when I can.

jdog
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

I was thinking (yes, I lnow, bad ebo) but isn’t gravity scalable? I would imagine it would be easier to hit the roof, particularly in bigger maps, if there was less than “normal” gravity in effect

If done wrong this could lead to some intersting results… or is that if done right?

Bobirov
    Participant

Ah, I had forgotten about that. I was thinking more of altering gravity on a per-landscape basis though (in both the texture definition or the shape definition would be nice). That way I could reduce gravity on the moon maps in Apoc for instance. Setting the gravity for the entire server does me no good really. 😕

jdog
    Participant

Slow motion deathheads! LOL

CBX you could add some powerups to your mod for version 40 to give people power for when they can’t reach there target.

But then they would have to bealbe to reach the power up too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.