This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 10 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Deathbal
    Participant

If you snipe with a baby missile against a mag, the mag usually blows up and the guy is still alive with minor to no damage. If you do this with a frog, you can kill the guy and the mag. If you do this with a baby nuke or regular nuke, you get the same results as the baby missile. Why is that?

Where does the explosion go? You would think if a full nuke shot under a little green mag, it would kill the occupant. But it doesn’t. Hardly injures him.

Nuke-Armslevel – 4
    Baby nuke 6
    Leap Frog- 7

I’m just curious as to how the nuke actually works.

Thrax
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

If you snipe with a baby missile against a mag, the
    mag usually blows up and the guy is still alive with minor to no damage.
    If you do this with a frog, you can kill the guy and the mag. If you do this
    with a baby nuke or regular nuke, you get the same results as the baby
    missile. Why is that?

Where does the explosion go? You would think if a full nuke shot under a
    little green mag, it would kill the occupant. But it doesn’t. Hardly injures
    him.

Nuke-Armslevel – 4
    Baby nuke 6
    Leap Frog- 7

I’m just curious as to how the nuke actually works.

The only difference between a default BBM, and most other explosion, is
    simply the “size” of the explosion. the damage done by BBM, BB-nuke,
    Nuke, and many more, is still only 1 =100hp

Brain Damage
    Participant

as thrax said, (in a no mod game) the only difference is the size of the explosion

the max damage is the same (100)

but maximium damage would be dealt only when the explosion would be centred on the target, hence to achive 1-shot:1-kill a nuke requies the same accuracy of a baby missile

excuse me my bad ascii art, this is an example:

baby missile
    13699631 (damage dealt)
    –Target

> (distance)

nuke:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (damage dealt)

Target

> (distance)

a leap frog generates 3 explosions, each one with max damage 100; therefore it’s capable of making 300 damage, when echo explosion is centred on the target

baby rollers are even more powerful in this way; each roller makes an explosion with maxdamage 100 & a roller_missile release 8 rollers, having potentiality of making 800 damage to a target when each of them collides with it

Deathbal
    Participant

Ok, I kind of understand the difference now with rollers, frogs, and nukes.

I was just assuming the larger explosion would have more impact on the tank itself. Because a nuke can kill an unshielded tank even if the shot is just a little off, where a baby missile wouldn’t do that. So if I understand correctly, the nuke is simply a crator creator? If that’s the case, I just figured the armslevel of a nuke should be a bit higher.

Will 1 heavy roller destroy a mag and tank?

Ebonite
    Participant

one heavy roller (one individual roller) will only take off 100 HP, so it will just take off the mag. it will also make a crater, so if the target doesn’t have chutes, it will take faling damage, but it won’t take direct damage.

cbx550f
    Participant

Interesting thread….

I’m wondering if DB has a good point here: Shouldn’t nukes have a stronger hurtamount? (You would likely have to reduce the radius to find a new balance)

I’m not sure what it was like in the original Scorched, but it seems to me that a nuke should have a greater hurt amount AND radius than a BBM, but perhaps a frog should have a higher hurtamount with a similar radius….

Not sure yet, but so,ething to think about. 😉

cbx

Deathstryker
    Participant

Yes…. Some weapons deal more damage than others in the original Scorched…. Like missiles for instance:

@Scorched Manual wrote:

Missile- The Missile is an enhancement of the baby missile,
    increasing both the blast radius and the damage delivered.

BOY
    Participant

I love nukes, always reliable for one shot kill on a target without mag! 😀

Deathbal
    Participant

I pretty much understand how it works now. Thanks for the replies.

Chopper
    Participant

@boy wrote:

I love nukes, always reliable for one shot kill on a target without mag! 😀

You got it Boy! ……you hammerdance to???Uhoh Uhoh Uhoh 😆

BOY
    Participant

the nuke can easily be coded to have a higher power toward the center by the way, deathbal. And I have often wondered if the standard nuke should be changed a bit (but I mostly like to complain about funkies :P)

all that needs to be done is to create a second mini explosion of less power to add a bit of puch to it.

Also, i do think in standard no mod the shield collision damage is the same for just about all projectiles. Really aught to be higher for nuke, lower for baby missile ya know. It is that way in mods like mine, but the old fashioned way is good too 😀

Deathbal
    Participant

I don’t know that the nuke should be changed. The mags and shields have to be good for something, right? Maybe make them cheaper. Like instead of 6k each, 3 or 4 k each.

Why is everything always sold seperately? Ever go the a restaurant and get like chicken and ribs? Why not be able to buy a “Roller Variety pack”? Like 1 heavy, 3, med. , and 5 baby rollers for 8k.

Or even a nuke sampler with 2 nukes and 2 babies for 13k or something like that?

FREAK
    Participant

DEATHBAL!!!!!!!

Take a look at my post in the “already requested requests” forum in the feature and request forum.(duh!)

I have the relatively same idea as you Deathbal.

Deathbal
    Participant

I just looked, it is a good request. “Packs” could be a seperate tab. It’s good to make players more versitile in early rounds. Instead of only have 1 or 2 weapons to use. It gives people more weapons choices without having to be rich.

JiNx
    Participant

i like the idea of weapon packs 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.