This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Crispy Critter 11 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Crispy Critter
    Participant

…I have a couple of crash problems to report.

As with my x86_64 build of v39, I get crashes during the game when playing the CVS version, unless I turn off the boid sounds.

With boid sounds turned off, the game is playable, but will crash after quitting. The system sometimes complains about corrupted double-linked lists, and other times it complains about a double free.

Also, the CVS server won’t let me in – it wants a password.

BOY
    Participant

the cvs server is run by cbx i beleive, you may need to check with him. No way i can help you with the crash problems bud, sry.

jdog
    Participant

@boy wrote:

the cvs server is run by cbx i beleive, you may need to check with him. No way i can help you with the crash problems bud, sry.

Boy the CVS server is run by SourceForge. But I think CBX would be happy you think he’s running part of SourceForge.

You use the anonymous, right? If you are just hit enter, I get that too sometimes and hitting enter makes it go away.

are you using version 39 or 39.1? Version 39 has the crash probelm with boids and 39.1 I think it was fixed in.

Crispy Critter
    Participant

The crash problem I have occurs in both 39.1 and CVS, on AMD64 in Fedora Core 5 – and it involves boid sounds, not the boids themselves.

Turn off boid sounds, no crashes. The box is a Shuttle SN21G5, which has AC’97 audio.

The other crash problem I have in in CVS – it sometimes crashes after quitting a game, but not always.

Third problem, not a crash – I once was unable to use menus, or the “d” key, in an Apoc single-player game (CVS version). A later single-player Apoc game had no problems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.