This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Jock
    Participant

How did jinx act admirably???????????

He saw someone with a similar name to one that you use, a noob i might add. Then decided to take it upon himself to impliment a rediculous quest to get that player to change his name. When there was no need to do it. Quite frankly that wound me up.

Dare i say it…… Not even Apache would have taken on such a silly quest!

That player has probably never come back to the game since, due to the over zelus use of admin power!

The thread is serving a purpose in that i want all new players to realise that they can use any nick they wish to and not be bullied by admins to change it. As this game has no registered names apart from the forums.

Also casey you use the name, mindy do you see mandy up in arms saying hey who’s the imposeter, NO! Also has jinx ever asked you to change it as another player has a reputaion in relation to that name, NO! Would i ever be asked to change my nick if i choose to have a similar one, NO!

That is why this thread is here and i’m sorry that you feel this is a waste of time and server space, but i don’t.

mooic
    Participant

All this from the man who quits cos he got funkeyed! Calm down jock, it really was nothing!
    Just looks like a case of Admin bashing to me!

Btw Mindy was inspired by Mandy as a joke, thats why she has no problem with it except the fact that everyone seems to think that Mindy and Mandy are sisters 😛

Jock
    Participant

It’s not a case of admin bashing. If that was the case i would have more to argue about than player names!

As for quiting, again i will not go into that on this thread as there is another for that!

As for mandy not minding, that is not my point. The point is that any player joining can use which ever name they like. No admin can ask them to change that name as there are no registered names on the server.

Also no admin would ask you to change it, at least that is what i thought until the day it happened!

Please though casey don’t tell me to calm down as i am, if you have nothing constructive to say don’t add another reply!

apache64d
    Participant

I don’t have much to say but FOR CRYING out loud jock that is in the past already. How do u konw that this player didn’t comeback?? You don’t. I admit I wouldn’t do it but every1 of us has a different opinion. All was done nicely (acording to jinx’s reply and I believe in it)…and in the past , btw, some players did ruined others’ reputation because they used the same nick (I was a “victom” too).
    Have u noticed u are the only one who keep on replying this topic?U argouing with Casey?? thought u 2 good friends..
    Move on (or keep reply..what ever..).

E.

Jock
    Participant

Friends can have differences in opinions you know apache! Just because you are friends doesn’t mean you have the same opinions.

As for me always replying, of course i will. I posted the thread, so naturally i will be interested in th responces and reply. Like now!

As for jinx acting in a pleasent manner, i never said anything to the contry.

Agian to the reputation thing, that is just a lame excuse. People can tell straight away if they are the right player as the will have a different rank and will act differently. Players can have that name if they wish to.

I was just mearly pointing out on this post that player names are not registered so there for NO admin has the right to ask a player to change his/her name, if it is the same or in most cases similar to another.

mooic
    Participant

Sry jock for the thread hijack

@mooic wrote:

Btw Mindy was inspired by Mandy as a joke, thats why she has no problem with it except the fact that everyone seems to think that Mindy and Mandy are sisters 😛

Seems i was wrong on this one, Mandy you directly had nothing todo with the creation of Mindy, but your name and the situation we were in at the time did created Mindy. The whole thing was ment as a joke for a one off game but 1 player liked her so Mindy stuck around for a bit. That player is now gone so i can make Mindy go away too. I apologise to you for any misunderstanding.

For everyone else Mindy is of no relation to mandy.

Mindy is now gone, end of story.

Legion
    Participant

I know they can and it’s not really a big deal ,but this morning when I was on the new bigger Apoc champions server the Admin had my avatar when he spoke and he wasnt playing.
    Why would it show my avatar when he spoke as a spectator??
    I think he was fine tuning the gravity and stuff on the server but I just found it strange that he had my avatar while doing that.
    I asked repeatedly why and he made fun of it and so did other players but it pissed me off and I finally gave them a few expletives and quit.
    Can somebody explain why this would happen(Admin using avatar) and what the hell for?? Can he screw with my map placement or being a #1 target for bots ?? I am a paranoid S.O.B. if you couldnt tell,so bear with me please.

Thrax
    Participant

@legion wrote:

I know they can and it’s not really a big deal ,but this
    morning when I was on the new bigger Apoc champions server the Admin
    had my avatar when he spoke and he wasnt playing.

I think he was fine tuning the gravity and stuff on the server but I just
    found it strange that he had my avatar while doing that.

I asked repeatedly why and he made fun of it and so did other players but
    it pissed me off and I finally gave them a few expletives and quit.

Can somebody explain why this would happen(Admin using avatar) and
    what the hell for?? Can he screw with my map placement or being a #1
    target for bots ?? I am a paranoid S.O.B. if you couldnt tell,so bear with
    me please.

No, Admins do not have any control over those matters. Even though
    you have often accused us of doing it.

Bots target whoever they choose, based on thier pre-programming.

Tank-placement is Random depending on the map’s limits.

Avatars only appear if the player chooses it.. or if there isn’t one
    chosen, it uses the last one in it’s memory.

The Apoc-Champions server is hosting an altered copy of the mod
    anyway, so there could be any types of avatars added to the bots(i use
    a Canuck-smiley for my bots). As for the admin there, I have no idea
    who hosts it. It’s neither official, nor recorded in the forums threads.

Its unfortunate that Bobirovs servers aren’t responding propperly and
    are unnaccessable, but that’s the nature of the internet. We can only
    hope for the best, and deal with what’s available till they are repaired.

TORA
    Participant

@legion wrote:

I know they can and it’s not really a big deal ,but this morning when I was on the new bigger Apoc champions server the Admin had my avatar when he spoke and he wasnt playing.
    I think he was fine tuning the gravity and stuff on the server but I just found it strange that he had my avatar while doing that.
    I asked repeatedly why and he made fun of it and so did other players but it pissed me off and I finally gave them a few expletives and quit.
    Can somebody explain why this would happen(Admin using avatar) and what the hell for?? Can he screw with my map placement or being a #1 target for bots ?? I am a paranoid S.O.B. if you couldnt tell,so bear with me please.

that night u was obviusly drunk Legion 😀

Legion
    Participant

For one –I never drink ,
    and two,when I was on the same server yesterday,same admin (??)was harassing me about showing me why my avatar was used.
    He kept saying that admin takes the avatar of player that spoke last and thats why,but as he’s telling me this another player is throwing his two cents in ,but he still had my avatar! Not the other players.When I pointed this out he said he wondered if the witch could handle a VIRUS!
    He bugged me to come to the forum and apologize but I said I wouldnt until he told me who he was,which of course he never did.
    Now if this is so stupid on my part and he was doing nothing wrong,WHY IS HE AFRAID TO GIVE HIS NAME??
    I also was bugged so much that I told him I was here to play a game and not argue with him,and just ignored his chat.
    Now in my opinion,admin is there to help players and ensure all players follow the rules,NOT to harass and mess with them,and most of all NOT to poke fun at them ,or ridicule them!!

Thrax
    Participant

@legion wrote:

Now in my opinion,admin is there to help players and ensure
    all players follow the rules,NOT to harass and mess with them,
    and most of all NOT to poke fun at them , or ridicule them!!

that’s the theory.. yes.
    But there is no course or exam for scorched server hosts.. so you have to
    pretty much deal with what you have, or move to a less offensive server.

It’s apparent that the “Apoc Champions” server is hosted by a person
    that isn’t as respectable as most admins. Both insulting the players,
    and hosting an altered mod… big no-no’s in the admin department.

Now that Bobirovs authentic-mod apoc servers are back online, you can
    return to them.

linuxfragger
    Participant

What you need is a less cool avatar and nobody will take it. I’m not sure where the original came from for mine but it’s been altered a million times and a few folks have tried to be insulting because they can’t read the tiny words. It bothers me not since I’m just in the game to play and have fun.

Now if I were here to complain… I’d say that Blame Canada server only crashes in the last couple rounds when I’m doing well. Of course, my style is nothing but bad humor so you can ignore that ‘complaint’.

Legion
    Participant

Bottom line is if you dont have the balls to use your real name when you play or are an administrator then I think that you are obviously ashamed of the way you are acting and are afraid of players finding out who you really are.
    I can never respect anybody who does this,and never will. Now this doesnt include players who use another name as a joke or are just messing around because most players know who they really are and its all in good fun.
    But to do it because you are a No-good-nick,well there is a saying “The way you treat others,directly reflects on yourself ” and that sums it all up perfectly.

Rommel
    Participant

@legion wrote:

there is a saying “The way you treat others,directly reflects on yourself ” and that sums it all up perfectly.

Hi Legion:

I agree wholeheartedly with the part I quoted from your post. Thanks for stopping by again last night (I think). It was a pleasure (as always) to restart the game for you and quietly sit and watch you win. It was close a few times but if it wasn’t a challange it wouldn’t be fun, now would it? I hold no hard feelings against you and know full well that you simply misunderstood what you saw on the screen. No problem….it’s being fixed and we have you to thank for helping make sure it doesn’t happen again in the future.

I must go destroy the world now. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.