This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 8 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

xtc
    Participant

Hi

I just tried to run this game under linux (opensuse 11)

when i start scorched3d in terminal it says the following:

user@linux-c7cv:~> /usr/bin/scorched3d
    Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
    The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6),
    and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4,compatible with 2.6).
    Аварийный останов
    (/=error break?/ – xtc)
    and i dont really get the sense of it

however scorched3dc starts well. but it goes with standard settings which are not good with my laptop widescreen and there doesn’t seem to be a display.xml around so that i could edit it manually.

is it because the initial part which should be creating the display.xml fails to run, or the linux scorched is somewhat different? it wouldnt matter if i had to start game without initial screen in case im able to configure it somehow.

Irishbandit
    Participant

I hate this problem I have for a couple of upgrades ago.

Try (from the scorched3d bin directory) ./scorched3dc -settingsdir /home/’user’/.scorched3d
    I dont know if this will work but you might try.

xtc
    Participant

It told me some odd stuff like “my display settings file cannot be written to”, however, now I’m able to find and change display.xml. Thanks alot!

Irishbandit
    Participant

Not a problem glad its working again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.