This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 12 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

DireWolf
    Participant

What I would like to see has nothing to do with gameplay, is it possible to have a night or dusk map? something a lil darker, just a thought…

Deathstryker
    Participant

That’s a kickass idea DireWolf. And maybe have some lightening flash down on one of the night ones. 😀

Boy, you should seperate Bugs from Ideas and then put subsections beneath each one.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Funny, I have just added some new support for stuff like that, not done a night one but close…

Deathstryker
    Participant

Woah…. COOL!

DireWolf
    Participant

That looks really nice, it just like death said, the lightning and hopefully napalm would stand out, almost glow!!!
    Thats what really rocks about this game, not many game grow like this, usually its a next version with a whole new engine, and another fifty dollars!!!

jdog
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

What I would like to see has nothing to do with gameplay, is it possible to have a night or dusk map? something a lil darker, just a thought…

I have made DARK map… you can’t really see the ground. Its fun! it really takes some thought to make your shot.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Gavin question: The evening/night scenes are they all “pre-painted” where once their processed they never change? I was thinking what if there was a way for real-time to be seen in the game. Say either by moves or by actual time (seconds/minutes) the sun will rise or set, right creeps in during a round.

Maybe at the beginning of each game its the crack of dawn and as the game progresses it shifts to nightfall, one rounds “setting” ending as the same as the next round “setting” begins 🙂

No they are calculated in real-time. The only thing that is pre-calculated is the shadows from hills on the landscape. It should be possible to having a moving sun, although possibly not for this next release.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.