This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Panther30 13 years ago.

• Author

Ishamael
    Participant

There are some nice scripts in the net that decipher nicknames using words from a very special sets :mrgreen:
    It can be much fun to have the one on the Scorched3d website, especially for the players stats section so that we could see the “true meaning” :mrgreen: of each name by putting the mouse over it.

Several created by one of those analyzers (no link there ’cause that precious page is not in english):

S.H.O.C.K.W.A.V.E.: Synthetic Humanoid Optimized for Calculation and Killing/Worker Assembled for Violence and Exploration
    M.I.T.Y.O.K.: Mechanical Individual Trained for Yelling and Online Killing
    I.S.H.A.M.A.E.L.: Intelligent Synthetic Hazardous Assassination Machine/Artificial Electronic Lifeform
    X.A.L.: eXperimental Artificial Lifeform
    G.O.O.S.E.B.E.R.R.Y.: General Organism Optimized for Sabotage and Exploration/Biomechanical Electronic Replicant Responsible for Yelling
    P.A.R.I.S.: Positronic Android Responsible for Infiltration and Sabotage

:mrgreen:

Ebonite
    Participant

LOL! 😆

goose “Responsible for Yelling”
    yes, he sure is responsible for quite a lot of yelling. Just not on his part…

poolee
    Participant

LOL, very cool Ish! Please do tell what POOLEE stands for!! 🙂

hobbesme
    Participant

@poolee wrote:

Please do tell what POOLEE stands for!!

Pretty Ordinary Oreo Losing Every Encounter

Calculus Brained Xcitement @ 550 Farads

Great Cook — Amazing Multitasking Programmer

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

Great Cook — Amazing Multitasking Programmer

LOL, not sure about the cook part 😉

poolee
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

@poolee wrote:

Please do tell what POOLEE stands for!!

Pretty Ordinary Oreo Losing Every Encounter ❓

Aw Ish… you know that’s just not true ALL the time! Pretty sure I’ve beaten you once, mano-o-mano 😉

Ishamael
    Participant

I would ask the moderator to remove the three messages above, because these pervert the purpose of the whole topic. Though the subject itself is rather funny, this is a serious proposal and I don’t like my words being a soil for speculations.

It is my fault that I didn’t mention the link, but I used to think that these analyzers are famous and most people know about them.

http://stalkers.ru/?a=analiz_nick

You won’t understand anything, but it must work.

There are several fields on this page, and you need the one on the left-below, with a button on the right.

Type into that field and press the button.
    Max length available is 11 characters without spaces, spec symbols, – only letters.

G.C.A.M.P.: General Cybernetic Android Manufactured for Peacekeeping
    P.O.O.L.E.E.: Positronic Organism Optimized for Learning and Efficient Exploration
    E.B.O.N.I.T.E.: Electronic Biomechanical Organism Normally for Infiltration and Terran Exploration

If you try some, you will find out that the dictionary of this analyzer is limited. Even these examples show that it turns ‘o’ into ‘organism’ and ending ‘e’ into ‘exploration’ in both cases, so it needs more variety.
    But for our purposes it may be supplemented with special Scorched3d words, e.g. denoting the action of weapons.

hobbesme
    Participant

@ishamael wrote:

I would ask the moderator to remove the three messages above, because these pervert the purpose of the whole topic. Though the subject itself is rather funny, this is a serious proposal and I don’t like my words being a soil for speculations.

You’ve GOT to be kidding me, right?

Right?!?

No one should be that serious about this game & forum.

If you are, your dad needs to go bowling with cbx’s & Ebonite’s dads :

@Slug wrote:

HA! Your Dad couldn’t even take my Dad to McDonald’s.

@cbx550f wrote:

Are you suggesting that your Dad would like my Dad to go out on a date? Not so sure Dad would go for that…

@ebonite wrote:

The only date your Dad is going on is with my Dad’s bowling ball.

Seriously though, your idea is a cool idea & no one is going to think less of it because of any humorous banter resulting from your idea. 😮

Ishamael
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

You’ve GOT to be kidding me, right?

Right?!?

🙄
    You must have a good sense of humour.

However, the point is that the offtopic grows. And this my reply is an offtopic also.
    The information is always lost in these cbx-Ebo-Dads-kind-dialogs.

👿

Ebonite
    Participant

OK, so Ishmael is proposing we, the gamers and forumers, create a nickname analyzer for Scorched3D with Scorched3D words and terminology. Sounds cool! 8) But I have no idea how to go about this. 🙁 I would be happy to contribute to the word database, however. 😕

And those cbx-Ebo-Dads are part of our evil plot to take over the world. oops! 😯 gave it away…

cbx550f
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

OK, so Ishmael is proposing we, the gamers and forumers, create a nickname analyzer for Scorched3D with Scorched3D words and terminology. Sounds cool! 8) But I have no idea how to go about this. 🙁 I would be happy to contribute to the word database, however. 😕

Sounds like a fun project!

I’ve been wanting to do something like this for years, ever since I came across this a few years ago. It would be a fairly simple thing to program in PHP, and Ebo, yourself and Hobbes are just the two to come up with some good words!

Ebonite
    Participant

bah. I “complained” about my place of employment, and it was all true, as was the complaint about my super-boss (boss’ boss’ boss’ boss)

ZILLA – Zeroes In Like Lazy Air

Anonymous
    Participant

This one is better, you can see your image in it 🙂

http://www.cyborgname.com/

Deathstryker
    Participant

Deathstryker doesn’t fit so I used my other one (Smartsped)

S.M.A.R.T.S.P.E.D.: Synthetic Mechanical Android Responsible for Troubleshooting/Soldier Programmed for Exploration and Destruction

Bobirov
    Participant

B.O.B.I.R.O.V.: Biomechanical Obedient Being Intended for Repair and Online Violence

Ya know thats not too far off really.. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.