This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 12 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I have slightly changed the format of the accessories.xml file for version 38.1. The new format basically just adds one lower level tag that contains all the global information about the accessory. I found it annoying/confusing that the name, armslevel etc were repeated through out the weapon definition. Now it is all defined up front in one tag.

Napalm
    A projectile weapon that explodes
    into a river of flame. Any tanks
    near the flames will loose life.

napalm.bmp
    shoot/small.wav
    napalm/napalm.txt

napalm/napalm.txt

flames
    explosions/napalm.wav

This should cut out some of the repeated tags and also stops me from making mistakes with the names :). This format also allows you to specify the model (spinning model) that the player sees for the weapon seperately from the actual weapon definition.

So people don’t have the pain of converting to the new format I have written a perl script that converts the old format to the new. It is called convertaccessories38-381.pl and is in the scripts directory. This script does almost all of the conversion although the nonpurchsable tags need to be changed to 0.

Also I have added two new tags.
    – the number of this weapon each player starts with (-1 is infinite)
    – the maximum number each player is allowed of this weapon

In 38.1 the accessories are not sent seperately in a coms message.
    This means you must make a mod to change the accessories used by a client.

I have done quite a lot of testing but anyone using CVS let me know if you find any issues.

Bobirov
    Participant

Omg, this means I can’t use seperate armslevel for deciding when a weapon comes into play and another armslevel for determining reward. I have actually done this quite a bit in apoc to nerf rewards on some of the weapons that are easier to kill with.. 🙁

Can I ask that armslevel be left in for primitives that can kill tanks please (explosion, napalm, lightning, etc)??? That would still cut out a lot of unneccessary repitition of the armslevel tag, but still allow you to use it to yield different rewards for different parts of the weapon.

If not I guess I’ll just have to live without it. But I like the idea of being able to bring a weapon into play a little earlier when using v38’s new progressive armslevel feature, but still having the weapon’s reward level be more appropriate for the skill needed to use the weapon effectively..

R@p7oR
    Participant

or just make it optional and problem solved

Bobirov
    Participant

@R@p7oR wrote:

That’d be good too, I like it even better. 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@R@p7oR wrote:

That’d be good too, I like it even better. 🙂

Ok, good idea. Ive put them back but as an optional attribute.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.