This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  .–.ShoCkwaVe.–. 12 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks for the new version of Sorched3D. The old one use to be fun to play. This one is slow, pokey, a system hog and far more complex than the previous versions. And it adds NOTHING in terms of game play. That is if you don’t count the new effect of the entire screen shaking so you can’t even see anything. My opinion, a good game made bad by too many added “features”. My favorite feature is the little tinny help window that you have to resize to make it remotely uselful. But there’s NO way to close it. You’ve lost an avid player for life. Good luck and good ridance. Sure, I know you do it for free. But you do it for free poorly at that.

hobbesme
    Participant

Speaking of banning (in another topic) …

I guess it wouldn’t be considered free speech to request that people who post negative opinions of the game be banned from the forums?

I mean, why shouldn’t gavin consider feedback like this? It’s lucid, detailed, objective, & well-thought.

Clearly, the dozens of regulars who play this game must be too slow to comprehend how poorly implemented it is or how little real gameplay it has.

I pity us.

Ebonite
    Participant

ya know, there’s nothing I hate more than cheaters. If you gotta cheat to be good at a game, whyTF are you playing?

A very close second goes to the people who complain about how sucky a game is, yet continue to play it, complaining the entire time they’re playing it, about how sucky it is. I would like to thank the originator of this thread for not being in that group.

oh, and hobbes? you forgot to mention that this “new version” has been out since the end of march, and so, obviously, someone such as he who has just finished downloading it and bemoans the system usage, complexity, and gameplay should perhaps stick to games that better utilize the resources of his system, like Doom3 and Nuclear Explosion Sub-Particle Modeling.

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

Yeah, that’s why I bought Doom3: for the system resources. 🙄

Clearly, the dozens of regulars who play this game must be too slow to comprehend how poorly implemented it is or how little real gameplay it has.

U r rite hobbes… i iz 2 slo 2 git dis. i go bak 2 teh intarweb. LOLOMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!11!!!ONE!!11

:ahem: sorry, I just got my wireless connection back and I’m a little edgy to play again. 😈

*runs away*

Deathstryker
    Participant

U r rite hobbes… i iz 2 slo 2 git dis. i go bak 2 teh intarweb. LOLOMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!11!!!ONE!!11

Lol. 😆

This one is slow, pokey, a system hog and far more complex than the previous versions

By my counts, it’s just as fast. And I don’t see where it’s all that much more complex. I think you just need to get used to it some more.

Anonymous
    Participant

I think you all missed the nice little ‘‘ bit at the bottom of hobbes’ post… that makes it all the more funnier. 😉

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

Nah, it wasn’t missed. I think we just wanted to get in on the sarcasm bandwagon.

All Aboard!!!!

Now, if you all excuse me, I need to finish up on my Sub-Particle Model. 😉

Willis
    Participant

Wow.. I came back from a peaceful seperation, to find this?

Lets chop his rant up and examine it shall we? SCALPEL?

Thanks for the new version of Sorched3D.

Well its official the topic is all downhill after that line – why does he even bother to say that he thinks it’ll sugar-coat things?

The old one use to be fun to play.

Old one is fine, yes.. he says use (assume ment used) .. so what changed his mind? Did he hate it so much the hate just spread like a disease?

This one is slow, pokey, a system hog and far more complex than the previous versions.

Well let me put some devine intervension – and say we dont know what version he even refers to!!! As far as we know he could have been discussing that pre-release whatever of v38. But is he smart enough to say so? NOPE.

But back to the quote – maybe he should attempt to use a decent machine. A 1gig computer with half-decent specs can run this game. Maybe if he goes above a Pentium2 computer. Maybe.

And it adds NOTHING in terms of game play.

Doubt that, regarless of any version gameplay has always increased, be it new weapons, new units, or a cleaner interface of menus.

That is if you don’t count the new effect of the entire screen shaking so you can’t even see anything.

Try opening your eyes if you want to see it. Theres nothing bad about shaking as far as visually observing things.

My opinion,

Too bad many people lost concern for it.

a good game made bad by too many added “features”.

The only thing this person said that made sense.. provided we ignore all the good reasons to have these “features”. I certainly care to know if I’m shooting at 100 power or 1000 power.

My favorite feature is the little tinny help window that you have to resize to make it remotely uselful.

Does he mean the blue question mark in the corner, the one that displays a page of instructions and details, the one that can be read perfectly fine without any resizing of the window WHAT SO EVER?

But there’s NO way to close it.

Oh yes, I suppose he does. Becuase thats the only one so ovious as how to close it. Mostly becuase there IS a close button that is marked CLOSE.

You’ve lost an avid player for life.

Lost one, gained 500? But seriously, not what I call an avid player. An avid player would make some constructive critism, to say the least. As well be tollerant of things that prove to be displeasurable.

As been noted elsewhere, this person likely downloaded the game, tried it once, then thought to hurt someone’s feelings by making this post. Then carry on continue playing the game.

Good luck and good ridance.

Those feelings go visa-versa my foolish friend, good luck and GOOD RIDANCE.

Sure, I know you do it for free. But you do it for free poorly at that.

This is too funny to post about, as been noted theres major quality.. again try thinking before typing.

hobbesme
    Participant

Rock on Willis. The dope had it coming. If you can’t type something nice … then don’t expect warm fuzzies in return. 🙂

@willis wrote:

he says use (assume ment used)

Willis says ‘ment’ (assume ment meant)

@willis wrote:

Maybe if he goes above a Pentium2 computer. Maybe.

Yeah, no kidding, right?

Hey, why don’t these tags work?

@willis wrote:

But there’s NO way to close it.

thats the only one so ovious … Mostly becuase there IS a close button that is marked CLOSE.

So THAT’S what those ‘X’ buttons in the upper-right hand corner of EVERY window does. You learn something new every day.

Good luck and good ridance.

Yep. Have a nice MIRV on the way out.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Lmao. He made the same mistake that I made when I first posted. Hobbes, you deceiving monster you. (Actually, we are just dumbasses).

hobbesme
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Hobbes, you deceiving monster you. (Actually, we are just dumbasses).

What did I do? Where is the deception? Seriously!

As for the dumbasses part … well, I’ll stay out of that! 🙂

Anonymous
    Participant

Is there any way to get that version? Would like to see how development is comming along 🙂 Maybe someone could send it to me over messenger…. Pernille8686@hotmail.com
    Hope to get it soon 😉

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

hey I have an Ideah .. How about you keep your negative opinions
    to yourself and intsted of placing your opinion on that matter as though
    you are the only one in this world..

Insted how about showing a bit of “gratitude” and pointing out the all the great “HARD work” the developers have been making “of their own FREE and GIVING will” to bring us all joy and fun. =)

even the small things that people hardly notice should be appriciated.

after all its a —>free< --- game and you are at no loss
    and there is always the option to uninstall it “wich I hope you do”.

you see I on the otherhand want to encourage the developers
    and applaud anything they do. do you see where im going here?

lamens terms:

complain= bad, depressing, Ungratefull

appriciate= happy,better for us in the end,happier developers= better gameplay results at the end.

(((claps))) ((fanTasTic joB guYs keeP up all the faNtaSTIC WoRK)) !!!

Is it so hard to uderstand what the word BETA means as though
    thats the ending result of how its going to be released?

and people wonder why its so hard to get their hands on betas for scorched lol because of quick to complain people like—> bam bam
    boooooO !! ***throws roCks “SToNE hiMMM”!! ***

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.