This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Loki 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

It gives me great pleasure in announcing the release of Scorched3D version 40.

Version 40 adds many new features such as :-
    – New scoring modes
    – In game tutorial
    – Performance and security enhancements
    – Better 3D positional sound
    – Ships and other graphical enhancements
    – And many more additions and fixes.

Download here:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/downloads.php

Full list of version 40 updates here:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=432146&group_id=85144

Full list of apoc mod updates here:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=24625#24625

Many thanks to:
    Bobirov, Shockwave, Irish, cbx550f, Boy, Deathstryker, jdog, mandy, Sondra, Panther30, Willis, Ebonite

cbx550f
    Participant

I just want to say Thanks for all the improvements, fixes, putting up with our whining about this and that, and generally being responsive to our wants for the game!!

Cheers

cbx

Deathstryker
    Participant

woohoo! Finally! You guys won’t be disappointed. I’d have to say this is the most impressive build I’ve seen in awhile.

mandy
    Participant

great job gavin!!!

thanks for everything you do for us 😉

keep it up everyone 😉

mandy

Deathstryker
    Participant

To keep the news section clean, I have moved the issues and requests here. Go to this topic if you are experiencing any problems with version 40 or look at the post below for common problems. But of course, feel free to continue to leave any kudos here.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Quick Troubleshooting for Windows users:

If you receive errors that look similar to the images below (log in to view) when you try to start a game, navigate to your C:Documents and Settings directory and delete the “.scorched3d” folder. ( You may want to save the ids.xml file that is in that directory before deleting it so that you can retain your unique ID – cbx ). You will not need to reinstall Scorched 3D after doing this as Scorched will make a new one on startup.

After you have deleted the folder, restart Scorched and all should be happy again.

(Edit: nice save cbx 😉 )

Troubleshooting the Apoc error:

If you receive the following error shown in the pic below (help2.jpg) when you try to join an Apoc server, navigate to your Scorched3Ddataglobalmodsapocdataaccessories directory and delete the “office3” folder and restart Scorched. You should now be able to play Apoc.

Automatic removal:

If you’re too lazy to navigate, I went old school and created a simple batch file to do this for you. It only works if you have installed Scorched 3D to the default directory (C:program filesScorched3d). It will also back up your old user settings (including your ID file) to a folder in your Scorched directory. Log in to download below. Unzip and run the .bat file.

Blasterman
    Participant

WHOO HOO!!! way to go gavin!!

*hits button on jukebox and starts dancin* 😀

*also DL’s v. 40*

DireWolf
    Participant

I have to say that you have really outdone yourself this time Gavin!

I was only on for about ten minutes, and that was on APOC to say hi to a few ScorchHeads, and I was very very impressed at what I saw, I cant wait untill I have some real time to sit and fully experience what you have done, anyway, I just wanted to say thanx for the time and effort you have put into the game.
    Now………
    If you would only set a date and join us in a few games and a toast or two, My scorched experience would be unmatched, and I am sure others feel the same, BUT…… if you dont have time I guess we will somehow survive 🙄

*raises his shot glass in a toast to Gavin*

DireWolf
    Participant

*CLINK*

Crispy Critter
    Participant

*CLINK!* indeed!

Thanks, Gavin – and the rest of the development team as well! From my very first shot, it’s been one helluva fun game!

jdog
    Participant

Version 40 Rocks!
    Good job and thanks for all the hard work on giving us this awsome game to play!

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

Thank You Gavin!!!!!

I’ve been playing Scorch around six months now and it is truly amazing everything you and the design team have created.

A donation($) is long overdue.

Keep up the Fire!!

😛

NP

Viking62
    Participant

🙂 & 😥 Oh Man…..I missed the start-up of version 40. I am thouroughly depressed! I will be back on my p.c. in a week or so. I really look forward to blasting away at my new found friends. C-U soon………GGames all :))

BOY
    Participant

Of course he would do that! Releasing v40 when I have no internet access for two weeks!! GAH!!

You all have been stacking your stats this whole time havn’t you!! 👿

ARRG

oh, i almost forgot………. HOoRaY!! 😉

Spectrum
    Participant

DRAT! I don’t check the forums for 2 WEEKS & this is what happens while i’m gone! OH well, it sounds GREAT TY Gavin!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.