This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  DeVice 12 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

LigH
    Participant

Thank you very much for Version 39! I like the small enhancements, starting with those of the configuration and overall gameplay – especially that now up to 4 teams are possible, that I can chose a wind power range, and some more game fine tuning.

But still, I have a few wishes:

I like to have Scorched3D play as a “technology demo”, a Bot-vs-Bot match. I add the shot cam window and use the “action cam” (9) for the main display. And finally, I try to place the mouse cursor near the center to make it easier to spot the most probable hit point.

If the mouse cursor is over a turret, an overlay hint is displayed, showing a few stats. Unfortunately, these stats are not updated while the turret is being hit. So for example, it had full life and a good shield before, then it gets hit by a longer lasting (chemical or fire) weapon. Here you can watch the bars of the current shield and life power degrade, but the overlay stats remain at 100/100. Is it possible and not too hard, to update them as well?

Furthermore, especially for such a “bot match”, and maybe even in general (for all players waiting to be hit), it might be helpful to see some kind of basic “debug messages” in the following format:

Round #/# – Move #/# – Player # shooting ‘Weapon XYZ’

It could be activated just like the “Show fps” option in the game options. Of course, I can see the round and move count in the stats overlay window – sure; but then I cannot see much of the game anymore…

Many thanks in advance for considering these enhancements; and again: Many thanks for the great efforts taken so far, it’s a great game!

LigH
    Participant

Argh – I could have added this to the Feature Requests… 🙄 If I could edit my post, I could have deleted and reposted it there.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@ligh wrote:

Argh – I could have added this to the Feature Requests… 🙄 If I could edit my post, I could have deleted and reposted it there.

Could you add it there (if you havent already) so I have a list of feature requests in one place. Cheers.

BOY
    Participant

@ligh wrote:

If I could edit my post, I could have deleted and reposted it there.

ya, you actually can edit your own posts, or delete it. and then repost it, or just copy and paste it there.

hobbesme
    Participant

@boy wrote:

on the topic of stats ids.xml file. some are bound to accidentally delete the old one they had. this is unfortunate, but unecessary.

@hobbesme wrote:

The INSTALLATION package for Scorched3D SHOULD be responsible for preserving any previously existing ID, .xml, .ini, etc. type of files.

@gcamp wrote:

It does 🙂

My bad, Gavin.

I was taking BOY’s & other users’ word that they were apparently losing their IDs & corresponding stats due to the new installation not properly preserving their IDs.

My apologies for my installation diatribe!

LigH
    Participant

@ BOY:

No, I’m not “allowed to edit own posts” in this forum, I don’t have an “edit” button. Maybe (probably) due to restrictions in this forum, maybe due to my user level.