This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  DeVice 12 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

It gives me great pleasure in announcing the release of Scorched3D version 39.

Version 39 adds many new features such as :-
    – 3D Positional Sound
    – Ambient sounds
    – Birds and flying models
    – Reduction in player lagging timeout
    – And many more additions and fixes.

Special thanks to
    – Bobirov for the effort he puts into the modding scene
    – Shockwave and friends for v39 beta testing
    – The server admins for giving me the free time to program

Download here:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/downloads.php

Full list of version 39 updates here:
    https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=347316

cbx550f
    Participant

Yay!

Thanks Gav – since playing 39, the sounds were starting to bug me in 38. 😉

R@p7oR
    Participant

yea finnaly!!!!,now i can make models as pterodactils and starship troppers flyings bugs!!!!

damage inc
    Participant

Now if I could get on the server.

What is going on with the 50 kill limit? How do you get them without getting on?

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

I swear to you I have stared at the news post for 3 days..
    in hopes of being rank 1 before any1..

The minute I fall asleep at the wheel its released..

NooooOoO ❗

owell.. I cant be too far behind

*hey*!! wait for meeEE !! 😀

DireWolf
    Participant

I just have to say Gavin, it was worth the wait!!!
    I was very impressed, my wife was also because the explosions are less loud to compensate for the ambience, she might be able to sleep now 😆
    anyhow very awsome stuff, Thanx again!

fab4
    Participant

Great news on version 39. How’s the OSX port coming along?

Irishbandit
    Participant

@.-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-. wrote:

I swear to you I have stared at the news post for 3 days..
    in hopes of being rank 1 before any1..

Muahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Hope some one takes 1 from me quickly i need to get other things done!!!!!!!

Apollyon
    Participant

Yup. Pretty hard to get on the main server without 50 kills. A Catch 22 as we say. Help? Anyone???

Apollyon

Apollyon
    Participant

@apollyon wrote:

Yup. Pretty hard to get on the main server without 50 kills. A Catch 22 as we say. Help? Anyone???

Apollyon

Answering my own question here:
    The unnamed server listed above the main one is the beginner server. You can go to that and (if anyone else is on it) play and gain kills to be able to play the main server. Only problem I’m having is that almost nobody else goes to the beginner server.

Gav, can you at least name it on the list so beginners know to use it?

Apollyon

BOY
    Participant

It seems the sever is named now, to me anyway. That should be good. I also notice that bots are added in the beginner server. That should make it much easier to get to 50 kills for anyone determined to do so.

on the topic of stats ids.xml file. some are bound to accidentally delete the old one they had. this is unfortunate, but unecessary. Should there be a topic about how to preserve the file? I woud post one but i am unfamiliar with all the various operating systems except windows.

hobbesme
    Participant

@boy wrote:

on the topic of stats ids.xml file. some are bound to accidentally delete the old one they had. this is unfortunate, but unecessary.

I’ve seen this issue discussed several times so far, so I bring this up for future implementation.

The INSTALLATION package for Scorched3D SHOULD be responsible for preserving any previously existing ID, .xml, .ini, etc. type of files. The installation package should check for & at the very least ASK the user if they would like to save their previous ID, .xml, etc. files. If yes, then these files should NOT be overwritten or deleted, but should be upgraded or incorporated into the new versions’ configuration.

It is a design defect to require users to handle files, registry, or installation issues prior to using an encapsulated installation package.

My two cents.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

@boy wrote:

on the topic of stats ids.xml file. some are bound to accidentally delete the old one they had. this is unfortunate, but unecessary.

I’ve seen this issue discussed several times so far, so I bring this up for future implementation.

The INSTALLATION package for Scorched3D SHOULD be responsible for preserving any previously existing ID, .xml, .ini, etc. type of files. The installation package should check for & at the very least ASK the user if they would like to save their previous ID, .xml, etc. files. If yes, then these files should NOT be overwritten or deleted, but should be upgraded or incorporated into the new versions’ configuration.

It is a design defect to require users to handle files, registry, or installation issues prior to using an encapsulated installation package.

My two cents.

It does 🙂

ck_norwidbercik_w
    Participant

my english is hmm… bad?? 😆

But i must say:
    I’am hapyy!! 39 is relased 🙂

Irishbandit
    Participant

It does 🙂

That what i thought two. 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.