This topic contains 40 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    Participant

Is there any way, in game, to get a decimal back in the rotation? I.e. rotate +1.6 degrees. If not I really use it and would like it back. Other then that, awesome game! Great Work! Keep it up.

Thanks,

Anonymous
    Participant
    Is there any way, in game, to get a decimal back in the rotation? I.e. rotate +1.6 degrees. If not I really use it and would like it back. Other then that, awesome game! Great Work! Keep it up.

Thanks,

Ok, fixed it. It will be out soon.

Anonymous
    Participant

When playing against on other human over the net (no ai’s) when the store timer runs out the shot is forfieted… ..that is as if the shot and store timer are the same… is this normal? I would rather that when the store timer expires, the aiming timer begins….

BTW the addtional stuff is awesome!

OC

Anonymous
    Participant
    When playing against on other human over the net (no ai’s) when the store timer runs out the shot is forfieted… ..that is as if the shot and store timer are the same… is this normal? I would rather that when the store timer expires, the aiming timer begins….

BTW the addtional stuff is awesome!

OC

Yeah it is meant to be this way.

Previously there were different timers for each stage (aiming, buying etc…) ltrwhich meant setting 45 seconds shot time on the server could result in 2 or 3 times that (due to 2 or 3 different timers).

Now if the server is set to 45 seconds for each shot then this is exactly how long each player has to do everything for that shot. Makes it easier for other players to judge how long things will take.

You can make the time longer or turn it off on the server if it annoys you.

Anonymous
    Participant

First of all, thumbs up for this new great version.
    Second, I noticed a very small glitch. It seems players in a multiplayer game are using different skins on the same map. Ofcourse it’s not that breath-taking, but was this ment to be this way?

Thanks again for this great game!

Anonymous
    Participant
    Second, I noticed a very small glitch. It seems players in a multiplayer game are using different skins on the same map. Ofcourse it’s not that breath-taking, but was this ment to be this way?

Strange, I thought I had fixed this. Did you get the code from the download or CVS?

Anonymous
    Participant

For the fellow with the power problem, the keypad no longer works ??
    you have to use the ones next to BACKSPACE

(confused me too)

Anonymous
    Participant

At least nothing is wrong with the Rotation/Elevation Display as I suspected earlier on.
    Something else to think about (besides reactivating power settings via Keypad +/-): What do you guys think about the ability to move around the terrain with the mouse by touching the edge of the screen with the mouse arrow? Meaning: Touch left edge –&gt screen scrolls left, touch right edge –&gt screen scrolls right and so on. Just like in other games like Warcraft 3 or so.

Anonymous
    Participant
    At least nothing is wrong with the Rotation/Elevation Display as I suspected earlier on.
    Something else to think about (besides reactivating power settings via Keypad +/-): What do you guys think about the ability to move around the terrain with the mouse by touching the edge of the screen with the mouse arrow? Meaning: Touch left edge –&gt screen scrolls left, touch right edge –&gt screen scrolls right and so on. Just like in other games like Warcraft 3 or so.

I second this. but it’d have to be done right, because I’m playing in windowed mode and I appreciate being able to move my mouse off the program without a problem.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve compiled this program on Mandrake Linux 9.2beta1. There was only one small glitch, as the preprocesor of gcc 3.3 has changed. I can submit a patch if desired. The final binary started just fine, but after the player selection (which was already in working 3D) and a few progress bars the display was
    distorted, all textures were flickering and none of the texts in the menues were readable. I could move around and select stuff in the menu, but the game wasn’t playable. My gfx board is a Radeon 9100, using the normal r200 driver from XFree86 4.3.0. Can anybody suggest a solution for this?

Anonymous
    Participant

Strange, I thought I had fixed this. Did you get the code from the download or CVS?

I downloaded the .35 from sourceforge using the link given under your ‘Downloads’ section.

Anonymous
    Participant
    We are pleased to announce the release of the next Scorched 3D version, build 35.

Download right now from :-
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=85144&release_id=174158

New features include :-
    o Cross platform (Win32, Linux, Solaris)
    o Much improved net play and server logic
    o Players join net games at end of each move
    o Server side bots
    o Batteries, fuel, napalm, sand hogs, diggers, leapfrogs
    o ‘Nicer’ in game graphics and windows
    o New launcher front end
    o Many, many, many other changes

I would like to thank the following people who all contributed far too much time…
    o David Beleznay – Batteries and other cool enhancements
    o Ben Phipps – Some server code
    o Joris Beugnies – Father of the Linux and cross platform version
    o Pharc – Cool icons
    o Cameron Smith – Among his other talents model maker extrodianare
    o Danny Roth – Windows help files
    o Gavin Camp – Tea, coffee and refreshments
    o Any forgotten contributors – Err sorry

Erm, it crashes when any tank is hit? Help?

Anonymous
    Participant

this game looks pretty kick ass. someone finally made a decent scorch game for linux!

Anonymous
    Participant

A few days ago, someone submitted Scorched3D to the Linux Game Tome’s
    database, and quite a few of us have been having trouble with it.
    It suddenly occurred to me that the game’s creators might not know about
    it getting listed and discussed there(sometimes happens), so this
    is just to let you know, just in case!
    The game’s being discussed at
    http://www.happypenguin.org/show?Scorched%203D

Anonymous
    Participant
    A few days ago, someone submitted Scorched3D to the Linux Game Tome’s
    database, and quite a few of us have been having trouble with it.
    It suddenly occurred to me that the game’s creators might not know about
    it getting listed and discussed there(sometimes happens), so this
    is just to let you know, just in case!
    The game’s being discussed at
    http://www.happypenguin.org/show?Scorched%203D

Yeah, thanks m8. I had no idea.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.