This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 13 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

hobbesme
    Participant

I just read the game changes ‘ToDo’s/Done’s’ posted this morning (July 13, 2004). I went there because when I logged onto both of the official ‘Player Stats’ servers, there were a LOT of obvious changes.

1) No sound. I read that there is sound control, so I’ll go back & check in the windows menus if sound is off or turned down real low. But when I asked other players if they had sound, one player replied yes; three other players replied no.

2) Most of the tanks are GONE! We went from like 200+ tanks down to 15. And my favorite tank (AT-ST) is NOT present. Grrrrrr!

3) The ocean has been replaced with various ground effects, like cobble stones, sand dunes, etc. Cool idea, but it only looks really good from high up. If you zoom in or pan down as you actually play, the distortion from the viewing angle doesn’t make it look so good. In fact, it’s kinda annoying. The ocean & waves were WAY better visually & for gameplay IMO.

So, unless I can find a control for sound, where’s the SOUND?

And where did all the TANKS go?!?!?!?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I just read the game changes ‘ToDo’s/Done’s’ posted this morning (July 13, 2004). I went there because when I logged onto both of the official ‘Player Stats’ servers, there were a LOT of obvious changes.

The TODO list relates to version 38 (not yet released).

1) No sound. I read that there is sound control, so I’ll go back & check in the windows menus if sound is off or turned down real low. But when I asked other players if they had sound, one player replied yes; three other players replied no.

Are you playing on Linux? Make sure that sound is enabled in the settings dialog.

2) Most of the tanks are GONE! We went from like 200+ tanks down to 15. And my favorite tank (AT-ST) is NOT present. Grrrrrr!

Have you chosen low detail tanks (Low tank detail) if so you have disabled most of the cool tanks :). Turn it back to high detail in the settings dialog.

3) The ocean has been replaced with various ground effects, like cobble stones, sand dunes, etc. Cool idea, but it only looks really good from high up. If you zoom in or pan down as you actually play, the distortion from the viewing angle doesn’t make it look so good. In fact, it’s kinda annoying. The ocean & waves were WAY better visually & for gameplay IMO.

Again, are you sure you haven’t turned the water off in the settings dialog?

Let me know how you get on, I am actually quite pleased with 37.2 its actually coming together these days!

hobbesme
    Participant

I have been playing on Player Stats server, V37.2 for weeks now (60+ connections). However, today there were a LOT of obvious changes :

1) No sound … when I asked other players if they had sound, one player replied yes; three other players replied no.

3) The ocean has been replaced … the ocean & waves were WAY better.

Make sure that sound is enabled in the settings dialog.

Have you chosen low detail tanks (Low tank detail) if so you have disabled most of the cool tanks :). Turn it back to high detail in the settings dialog.

Are you sure you haven’t turned the water off in the settings dialog?

Since you mentioned it, I checked. Indeed MANY of my game settings have been changed since I last played yesterday!

ALL of the graphics details were changed from highest level to lowest level. Sound was disabled. Other options I hadn’t configured in months so I really don’t remember their settings. But some of them seemed “wrong”.

Clearly, my settings changed for no apparent reason. What could possibly have caused this? Did something happen to ‘Restore Configuration Defaults’?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

If the game crashes it will ask you if you want to run in fail safe mode, if you reply yes to this then it will choose safe/fast settings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.