This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 13 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Ebonite
    Participant

ooh, ooh! Request! make me a HowlingSlug! Please?!? :mrgreen:

cbx550f
    Participant

Steve said:

Wow! Nice work on the penguin. Once i get home from work I’ll give it a try to install.

EboSlug said:

cool penguin!

Thanks guys! 😀

EboSlug also said:

ooh, ooh! Request! make me a HowlingSlug! Please?!?

I’ve already thought of that – but something tells me it’s be hard to make a slug look like a slug and not a blob. lol
    We’ll see though. 😉

wow, i’ve started a sig cult! ph34r m3! ut99 4FR!

uR 1 1337 h/x0r!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Some lovely work :), any objections if I include them in the next release. p.s. I am not offended if you want to keep them to yourself remember the game is GPLed.

cbx550f
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Some lovely work , any objections if I include them in the next release. p.s. I am not offended if you want to keep them to yourself remember the game is GPLed.

Thanks Gavin, and I’d be happy to have you include them. 🙂
    That goes for anything else I post too – as far as I’m concerned anything I post in your forum is, unless otherwise noted, to be assumed GPL.

One thing I would ask though, if you happen to remember, could you check with me before the next version goes out? Just in case I have made improvements. 🙂

Thanks Gavin!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Just a small note to say I had to edit both of the model files slightly. Some of the vertices were out of the correct range for the model. e.g. it said use vertex 7 and there were only 6 in the model. Perhaps this is why your models cannot be loaded by milkshape.

I have added more checks in the parsing code to pick this up as it causes memory issues otherwise.

You can see an example of the change made here :-
    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/scorched3d/scorched/data/tanks/CF-104/104.txt?r1=1.1&r2=1.2

cbx550f
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Just a small note to say I had to edit both of the model files slightly. Some of the vertices were out of the correct range for the model. e.g. it said use vertex 7 and there were only 6 in the model. Perhaps this is why your models cannot be loaded by milkshape.

Thanks for the info and the diff. I’ll look into it as soon as my coffee is ready. 😉

cbx550f
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

The problem was in the models – Blender uses quads or triangles, and my script was assuming that all faces are triangles, and in each model there were a couple meshes that I had forgotten to convert to trianlges. I added some error checking to the script, and fixed the models. Updated models are at the beginning of this thread.

Good eye, Gavin, and thanks for the feedback!

btw: I noticed you put me in the list of contributors, thank you! One request on that, however: Could you use my real name please? (Paul Vint) Using “cbx550f” like that seems a bit “teenish” to me. 😉

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

Just Wanted to say great job on the tanks, I love them !!! your hard work is well appriciated !!

cbx550f
    Participant

Thanks Shock. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.