This topic contains 36 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 13 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

Okay well I figured I had spammed up the Stats Logging Documentation post enough so I decided to make a new post for this one. Its mainly for Gavin, but anyone can have a look if interested. I just wanted to post that I have been messing with my stats pages a little bit and have added a few neat things to them.

You can see the things I have added at my ApocHQ Stats Pages if you wish. Notice there are lists for most suicides/resigns as well as win/gamewin count for the daily and weekly tables. I also have added a kill ratio to the all time lists that is the percentage of your shots that result in a kill (kills/shot).

Gavin, or anyone that has stats logging, I have attached the editted index.php and allplayers.php to this post if you would like to see the changes.

Rob

Bobirov
    Participant

I added a few new things like a list of recent connections and player/weapon names to the player events page. After adding to the player events page, I decided to make a page that displays the 100 most recent events on the server complete with names. I also added the daily and weekly counts to the individual player stats page. There are also several less significant changes as well. All in all I would say these stats pages are becoming more fully representative of what is logged into the mysql database :).

In light of this, I would like to make a request for a few more things to be added to the database some day. The first of which would be to change scorched3d_players.connects to be logged ONLY when the player FIRST connects to the server. The way it is now, people hit M to check there position in the tables a lot. This makes the connects number somewhat useless for calculating anything off of it. If this can’t be changed because the value is needed for the counting of Name Alias usages, then could we get a new value that represents only the number of times a player has physically connected to the server?

The second request I have is for either a way to track how much time people have played, if not just a value for this in the players database. Maybe something like scorched3d_players.timeplayed in hours. The amount of time a person has been logged on is already stored somewhere, as it is displayed in the server window. If we could just dump this value (in hours) to the database and total it with the previous value, I think it would be a very nice addition to the database :).

Between these two things, we could then extrapolate some more useful numbers like avg time/connect, kills/connect, kills/hour, etc. I feel this is quite a bit of useful information without a large addition to the database or logging connects/disconnects as events.

Anyone else with me on this? Also, Gavin, do you plan on maybe using some of my alterations on the official Scorched 3D stats pages? I don’t mind at all, so please feel free to do so :).

P.S. 37.2 is awesome!
    Rob

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Looks great :), i’ve update the stats pages on this site, thanks.

The percentage hits are not right on this site as they only recently started being collected but never mind.

I have also update CVS, i’ve changed the page format (ever so slightly) so that the included header contains the color information etc. so people can have different colors for the pages.

I’ll have a look at doing something about the connection numbers. The playing time may not be right though as people can be connected when not actually playing!

Bobirov
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

I have also update CVS, i’ve changed the page format (ever so slightly) so that the included header contains the color information etc. so people can have different colors for the pages.

Great idea! I should have thought of that.. πŸ˜‰

@gcamp wrote:

I’ll have a look at doing something about the connection numbers. The playing time may not be right though as people can be connected when not actually playing!

This is true, but I still think it’d be better than no time logging at all πŸ™‚ I think many of the players on my server would agree that they would like to see some sort of time logged as well.

Rob

Ebonite
    Participant

I suggested in the Stats Question thread that instead of total time played, the number of rounds started could be used as a measure of time. Basically, each turn is roughly 25 – 30 seconds (slightly less than the 35 second limit) over the default 15 turns per round, plus another 20 – 35 seconds per round from the buy/sell period at the start.

Shots per round = number of turns they survived
    add 1 and multiply by ~25 for total seconds played

Kills per round = effectiveness of player
    divide by shots per round to get kill precentage
    higher is better

Deaths per round = how easy it is to kill this player
    this would be more comprehensive than just subtracting Round Wins from total rounds as it would count mutual deaths that end a round
    lower is better, and I see how useless this is, but thought I’d throw it out anyway. Mine would be quite high since I get targeted by everyone right off. My kills per death would be a nice ratio, though…

What I’d really like to see is several stat tables for different skill sets

Killer – like we got now, most kills
    Sniper – fewest shots per kill
    Miser – most money accumulated
    Addict – most rounds played
    Economist – lowest average arms level (uses mostly basic weapons)
    Madman – highest average arms level (major weapon usage)
    Tactician – most rounds won
    Strategist – most games won

Bobirov
    Participant

@[PDX]EboniteΒ² wrote:

Miser – most money accumulated
    Addict – most rounds played
    Economist – lowest average arms level (uses mostly basic weapons)
    Madman – highest average arms level (major weapon usage)

To do these we’d need a few things added to the database. The easiest of these to provide for would be the Economist and Madman lists. Simply adding the armslevel to the scorched3d_weapons table would allow for this calculation with a good query. The other two would be a little tougher. They would require “roundsplayed” and “moneyearned” categories added to scorched3d_players, which would be a bit harder to obtain. Also, moneyearned would become a pretty massive number after a while.

I think adding armslevel definately sounds easy enough (and small enough) to give a thought to adding to the database. And, if they are not too diffucult to implement, roundsplayed and moneyearned would make good enhancements in addition to the ones I stated previously. None of these would require logging any additional events (major factor). And, they all have serious potential for further extrapolation. And we all know stat crunchers love more numbers to look at :lol:.

I guess, in the end, it all comes down to how much clutter you want to add to the database. If I had to personally rank the additions to only choose a few I would go (highest to lowest priority):

1) add players.timeconnected
    2) add players.roundsplayed
    3) add weapons.armslevel
    4) fix/change players.connects
    5) add players.moneyearned

Just my usual $0.02,
    Rob

Ebonite
    Participant

hay, yah

just throwing ideas out. one might stick πŸ˜›

Bobirov
    Participant

Just thought you might want to include these updates to the stats pages as well. So, here ya go. Enjoy. πŸ˜‰

– Added links to player/weapon stats on the events pages.
    – More color coding for events on the events pages
    – Sorting of the allplayers list by clicking on the column name

Bobirov
    Participant

I just can’t stop myself from playing with these pages hehe. I’ve added a few more features and fixed a few problems with some of my previous additions. One of the coolest things is that the allplayers list is now sortable by any column in ascending or descending order.

Major Fixes/Additions:
    – Fixed: Divide by zero errors
    – Sorting allowed by kill ratio and last connect on allplayers list
    – All columns can be sorted in both directions in allplayers list
    – Kill ratio now affected by suicides and team kills (shots/kill not affected)

killratio = (kills - (selfkills + teamkills)) / shots

– Kills/Death affected by teamkills but not suicides

killsperdeath = (kills - teamkills) / deaths

– Most accurate list added to main stats page (>15 kills required)

Planning to Add:
    – ? Suicides/Teamkills/Deaths on allplayers list
    – Daily/Weekly pages that are sortable like allplayers
    – Event Searching (by player name, event type, weapon, etc)

Ebonite
    Participant

May I most humbly request a kills-per-roundplayed once roundsplayed is tracked?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Looks really great πŸ˜€

I have updated the pages slightly. Removed the OS from the front page and replaced with last connected which I think is actually better. I will create an OS overview page when I have time instead.

I have also removed the etc tags from the bottom of each page after the footer include as these are done in the footer.

And removed some OS $tmp stuff that is not used in the index.

Also the title for the index page can now be set in the config.php page so we don’t alter the index page each time.

Overall great though πŸ™‚

Bobirov
    Participant

Well its been a little while, but I’ve managed to make a few more additions to the stats pages. Most notably among these are a more intuitive sorting function (always defaults to a specific sort on first click) and a new “history” page which allows you to show a list like allplayers.php only over a period of time. Note that the history doesn’t yet support viewing a range of time from a specific day to a specific day, but I may try to add that in later. You can check out a preview of the new page here if you would like. Let me know what ya think.

Rob

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Sounds cool, I’ll check it out. πŸ™‚

Bobirov
    Participant

I made a slight error on both the index and stathistory page which is fixed in the zip attached zip. It caused the player count to be false on the second link on the index. Sorry about that.. 😳

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I had to remove the SELECT FOUND_ROWS stuff it didn’t seem to work on my system.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.