This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Crispy Critter 10 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

FREAK
    Participant

Moderator edit: This post was in very poor taste and has been deleted. – cbx550f

Willis
    Participant

Another “random question from willis” got stuck in my mind today…

Do you have any old stats on visitor counts?

4,786,000 hits February. But what about January, December, November, etc?

I’m curious of what “normal” is… or see if theres been a trend of increasing hits over time?

Also, do you allow web-crawlers aka spiders (like from Google) to run frequently? I wonder what % that might take up..

naka
    Participant

According to their web logs last month we recived 4,786,000 hits!

They are talking about server hits, but how many unique visitors per day this site get?

Maybe it is good idea to add google adsense, I really hate advertising but it will make a good income.

Chopper
    Participant

You know…..IF I didn’t play this game ….I wouldn’t drink so much. 😆
    And I would save money on Stoli……………but then…….I wouldn’t have as much fun… 😥 So………I’m gotta play the game! :mrgreen:

Da Chop’s got an idea!

Top 100 players ( we’re dang sure using the place alot)…donate AT LEAST 10 BUCKS! More if you’re able.

I’ll crank up with $25.00……

naka
    Participant

Deathstryker
    Participant

Either way, it’s obvious that the costs are growing for this project and things should be planned ahead before Gavin gets in a situation.

Sure, there’s a surplus of money now but with dedicated server costs, it may have to be spent sooner or later.

cbx550f
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

Da Chop’s got an idea!

Top 100 players ( we’re dang sure using the place alot)…donate AT LEAST 10 BUCKS! More if you’re able.

I’ll crank up with $25.00……

I think that’s a great idea, Chopper.

If I ever figure out a way to donate through paypal, I’ll do so (no credit card… maybe I’ll sell something on ebay)

Picci
    Participant

cbx, u just gave me an idea

why not have “fund raising auctions” on ebay

u know how they do those fund raising things for charity, where at the end they sell a stupid chair for $ 5k and it feels good because u are getting something (well, a chair in this case) and at the same time u know u did a good deed for someone…

we could do the same thing for scorched… if gavin gets a hold of some kind of item, scorched3d tshirt, or if he puts a “best donator” box on the home page or cnet or download.com review or something like that, he can auction it on ebay and the best donator will get some kind of “reward” for his action and gavin will get a big donation…
    once a month or once every 2 months or somthing like that…

what do u think guys ?

bye,
    Picci

Chopper
    Participant

Sorry guys…..I had to cut off post because a customer came in. back on the comp now. Is that Paypal link at Direwolf’s post a donation link?
    That would be my preferred method….or if it isn’t can you provide one Gavin?

Thanks! Let’s get this goin’….maybe get extra funks if you donate? THAT’LL bring in the $$$$$$$$$$!….

FREE DEE-H’S FOR EVERYBODY.

cbx550f
    Participant

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you’ll see a link. 😉

Chopper
    Participant

CHA-CHING!

DireWolf
    Participant

I am having a problem, when I go to the paypal S3D link, under country it says United Kingdom, when I try to change it to the United States, it resets back to the UK, everytime.

and now I am really getting worried that the Chop man is gonna get me now!!!!!! 😯

if anyone has the chance, could you check and see if you have the same problem, you dont have to register just to fill in the country, and post the result here, if it happens to others then it needs to be fixed, if it is just me, I will email PayPal and figure it out.

Tanx
    -Dire

DireWolf
    Participant

figured it out, you have to enter a dollar amount b4 you can change the country! I am safe from the ChopMan for now 😈

Chopper
    Participant

Dang….I wanted to hammer DireW…. 😥

Crispy Critter
    Participant

I posted it in the Chop Challenge thread, but, anyway, I kicked in 20 quid…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.