This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  badshot 11 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Wowbagger
    Participant

After playing V40 for about a month now, my only real complaint is how the “New Rollers” react after being fired. Their movement can be best discribed as “erratic” compaired to the nice “smooth” roll of the old ones.

I was going to do a poll on this topic but I have only heard a handfull of people remark about them. For now I would just like to hear thoughts and comments from players old and new.

V40 Rocks, but the Rollers Dont Roll

Willis
    Participant

Sometimes I like them, sometimes I hate them.

Thier very sensative to terrain and as such are very bouncy.

I’ve nicknamed them “bar rollers”.. sorta like “bar darts”. Bar Darts are shabby, beat up, easy to break, and although can get the job done.. are very unpredictable. As are the rollers 😆

I like how thier allowing people to survive better, when they bounce over or are sensative to terrain and roll arround the target.. but at the same time I don’t like it when simple shots are corrupted becuase I think they’ll land in one spot but because it’s a fraction ofa inch off they miss.

One thing I’d really like to see is the damage of baby rollers taken down.
    One sphere pretty much does the job when you get an army of them. Maybe cut it so it could need at least 2-3?

Some statistics:

Baby Missile

Baby Roller (for each sphere)

Baby roller = 8 spheres.

DireWolf
    Participant

I like em…….

I hate em 😯

I think it would be cool to have both versions of the rollers “if possible”, the new rollers are just different, it seems they work better on an upward roll on a hill, whereas the old ones were like playing Bowling for Dollars, literally, they were very predictable and accurate.

🙄

But if I had to choose one or the other, I would have to say the old style

BytEmE
    Participant

I don`t like them

First of all they bounce too much.
    Sometimes a low elevation shot with 1000 power makes them dissapear into the hill. ( happened to me few times )
    Weapon damage is ok, cause no one would buy them if these rubber rollers do less damage.

Also as Willis said it would be cool if both version existed:

1 The “old ones” with lower damage or more expensive
    2 The “rubber ones” as they are now

hobbesme
    Participant

I agree — they are erratic.

Some shots, they roll over terrain just fine.

Other shots, they act like munitions on speed.

I just finished a game with VIKING & at one point had him in a TOTAL roller pit. Two shots in a row I fired rollers on the opposite slope of the pit so the rollers would roll down & kill VIKING. Did this happen? Of course not! The rollers DID start rolling down into the pit, but both times ALL rollers popped around like freakin’ popcorn kernels in a frying pan. Both shots, ALL rollers got to the bottom of the pit & then kinetically popped themselves out of the pit without killing the target in the middle of the pit!?! This NEVER woulda happened pre-V40.

Way too wild.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The only change made was to change the physics engine to be more sensitive. I could look at dampening the motion for rollers.

Miroslav
    Participant

Would be great – i miss old rolls:)

hobbesme
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

rollers popped around like freakin’ popcorn kernels in a frying pan. Both shots, ALL rollers got to the bottom of the pit & then kinetically popped themselves out of the pit without killing the target in the middle of the pit!?! This NEVER woulda happened pre-V40.

Just finished a game with Wowbagger.

One round dug Wow into a pit on the very bottom of the flat ocean. Launched rollers to the right of Wow on the flat ocean bottom with a left wind. Rollers roll casually along towards Wow, but as they almost reach him, they hit a VERY INSIGNIFICANT ridge on the ocean floor near Wow, & each roller popped up out of the water approximately 120-150 meters into the air & landed 100+ meters away!!! (approximating scale)

Thankfully one roller killed Wow before all of them popped out of the water but there is NO reasonable explanation for why V40 rollers hit such insignificant ridges & precede to explode upwards with tremendous energy.

And in another round, shot rollers at the top of a valley with a slight sloping ridge that led directly down to Wow. Pre-V40 rollers would have rolled slowly & steadily down the valley hugging the landscape on the way down to Wow. V40 rollers steadily & erratically increase bouncing & bouncing & bouncing until they aren’t rolling downhill so much as bouncing like a super bouncey-ball.

Again, this NEVER would have happened pre-V40.

We might as well re-label rollers as hyper-energetic bouncey balls rather than rollers since they don’t roll very well anymore.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

We might as well re-label rollers as hyper-energetic bouncey balls rather than rollers since they don’t roll very well anymore.

LMFAO. That’s hilarious. I dunno if it’s because I’m kind’ve tired or not but, I can’t stop laughing at that.

SIGGED!

HWB
    Participant

The rubber rollers, crazy rollers, bar rollers or whatever you want to called them adds so more the the game that the old rollers. Yes something they are a bit erratic. The ways the olds one work was like a fly to fly paper. If you hit a wall with the olds ones, they would stick to the wall all the way down. That is good for making a kill but not so much for game play. Something like “rollers” should have you crossing your fingers that they fall right. Also improving your aim by not letting the rollers to do all the work. The farther that the rollers have to roll it should be less of a chance of kill. The problem is that so many players do not dig and roll enough (I am one of them). If the rollers keeping jumping out a hole, maybe they need a bigger hole. If my rollers don’t go where I think they should, I don’t blame the rollers. It is me that needs to adapt. (i.e. better aim, better plan or better weapon for the terrain)

Alright, think about this. You have baby and heavys. The babies could and should be more rubber like. While the heavies should stick more to the terrain.

My last word on the topic, errr here. Buy more napalm. It works how most ppl think that rollers should work.

GeorgineVJ
    Participant

What’s really hilarious is that you guys should have seen the expression on the Tiger’s face as he was growling and roaring about the superbouncy rollers during game play. He was VERY agitated. It was a good show. I had to use my ninja stealth powers to get away from the tiger before it attacked me in frustration. 😀

Brain Damage
    Participant

@ToDo wrote:

Fixed: Rollers are now less bouncy

the scorched fairy O:) seems to have fixed something else. =D>

i have troubles with my mp3’s player hard drive, do you think that it can fix that too? 😛 :lol:, should i put it under my pillow??? 💡

imported_gcamp
    Participant

She seems to fix things that people moan about on these forums….so you never know 🙂

Deathstryker
    Participant

I love that damn fairy… If it’s a girl fairy. 😕

Irishbandit
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

Hmm see video
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7527096095608934925&q=happy+fun+ball&hl=en

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.