This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 11 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

This will work great in the flame thrower weapons! (wonder where else I could use this?)

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Now what I want to know is, what are the odds of getting smoke/flame color added to the xml files? I could swear I remember seeing a variable in the code for color that is not exposed in the xml anywhere. I would like to be able to make green trails for my acid weapons, or red trails to simulate blood or something like that. 🙂

Done.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

This will work great in the flame thrower weapons! (wonder where else I could use this?)

The WeaponRepeat with a short delay should work very well for this.

Bobirov
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Done.

Sweet! 😀

@gcamp wrote:

The WeaponRepeat with a short delay should work very well for this.

I converted a weapon or two to the new WeaponRepeat with delay method this weekend. Its soooo nice for those long WeaponMultis that have repetitive delayed code. All those situations where I release 2 or 3 projectiles but I wanted it to be one at a time but didn’t due to code length will never happen again. Thanks so much for adding that delay I requested in there, I love it. 🙂

Bobirov
    Participant

Was poking around a bit and tryed adding the following code to Acid Blast to turn the trails green on the acid bomblets:

Didn’t seem to have any effect on the flame trail colors. They were still the default orange/red. Am I doing something wrong there like naming the color attributes wrong or something else? I didn’t get any error messages about unrecognised nodes or anything like that.

I’ve commited the xml to the repository. Have a look at Acid Blast if you want to check it out.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Deathstryker
    Participant

What the hell? How did the “” make your text bold?

That’s retarded

Irishbandit
    Participant

Didnt but if you use with out the period it will It will be bold

Bobirov
    Participant

Mmmm green. 🙂

DireWolf
    Participant

That just looks hella cool!

jdog
    Participant

I’m going to have to look at that code!!!! Ice missiles with icy trails,
    Rainbow Trails!! LOL
    H.I.A.H.B. may be even sweeter now.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

I would like to be able to make red trails to simulate blood or something like that. 🙂

would this be for the cow model being thrown or something??

…Cuz that would just be so *wrong* on so many levels… LOL

MmmmmMOOO!!

BOY
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

Didnt but if you use with out the period it will It will be bold

I think he realized that so he added the . so that it would NOT be bold 😛

retarted? Hardly. COOL, I SAY!

BOY
    Participant

I think perhps one more tag could be needed to create the proper effect of big takeoffs.

the flame and smoke seem to emit from the projectile at a certain rate, indepened of the projectile speed and flame life. In order to make flames look right, the large flame and smoke will need to have a longer trail. flame life simple stretches the individual flame and smoke explosions over a long area creating a “puff puff” look. that is part of what makes the flamethrower look cool.

however, unless a is added, a shuttle or large rocket takeoff will not look right. I realize this could greatly extend the graphics requirements, but hey, we want what looks good, right??

doom
    Participant

bobirov! YOU HAVE GOT TO RELEASE THE UPDATED APOC!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.