This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Junos 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Junos
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Y4OtDEfKA

Looks exactly like the Scorched3D engine to me. If it is, then since it’s GPL’ed…

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Not at all.

Cheers,

Armor

Junos
    Participant

Could you elaborate a bit? I know the terrain layers are not the same as the terrain in Scorched, but look at the rest of the game. The square worldview overlayed on top of the background, for one. And look at the on-screen text and HUD elements. The way the text is rendered looks just like Scorched. It’s not conclusive, but it looks to me like it could be worth investigating.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

It’s an entirely different type of game, some land in a square view does not a scorched lookalike make :p

Tom.K
    Participant

Though, I would like that look for S3D…

Junos
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

It’s an entirely different type of game, some land in a square view does not a scorched lookalike make :p

Obviously. But you are missing the point. If you watch the whole video, there are many details that strongly resemble some details in Scorched3D. Some peculiarities, especially with text rendering, bear a particular resemblance. The lighting effects also look very similar. Just makes me wonder if they based their engine on the Scorched3D code.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.