This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  dracon23 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I have installed a new font library and font into scorched3d.
    The font library is truetype (http://www.truetype.org)
    and allows some very crisp anti-aliased fonts. See what you think…
    (The screenshot/picture is saved as a jpg so it looks slightly more blury than it actualy is).

Also note the player text at the bottom has a black surround all the way arround to make it easier to read.

Ebonite
    Participant

oh yeah! MUCH easier to read, and I like the obvious highlight in the drop down menu.

ymmotrojam
    Participant

I love the new fonts and colors and such! I do have one suggestion/question. In the new version, does one have to click on the top menu buttons (Camera, Player, Weapons, Windows) to get them to drop down? It seems that since those menus are used so often, it would be nice if it was only necessary to hover over them to get them to drop-down. Sort of like some menus that one sees on a website. I guess this could be an option.

What does everyone else think? Want one less ‘click’ in scorched?

Deathstryker
    Participant

I love the new fonts and colors and such! I do have one suggestion/question. In the new version, does one have to click on the top menu buttons (Camera, Player, Weapons, Windows) to get them to drop down? It seems that since those menus are used so often, it would be nice if it was only necessary to hover over them to get them to drop-down. Sort of like some menus that one sees on a website. I guess this could be an option.

You know, I think I’d have to test it out before I could decide that, but it might be easier.

BTW, New fonts are easier to read and I like ’em.

Chomsky
    Participant

Kudos, gavin. This is turning out to be a great release-in-progress.

I have to disagree with the hover-menu idea. I find them annoying, and of course there is cpu overhead since you have to be constantly monitoring the previous and current position of the mouse to determine if the menu-open event will occur.

-c. thomas

@ymmotrojam wrote:

What does everyone else think? Want one less ‘click’ in scorched?

dracon23
    Participant

life is good.
    rock on gavin 8)

dracon23

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.