This topic contains 49 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  DireWolf 5 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

jorgea
    Participant

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk

EDIT: Your post has been edited to show the only link thats important to our gaming needs 🙂 Honestly I enjoy very few free flash games.

InductiveOne
    Participant

Ha, old guys do rule. I have been stuck at home for weeks hurt up. Tried playing a few games, but most are tough one handed (insert one handed typing joke here). Played toribash for a bit but was surrounded by jerks. You don’t have to tell me I suck, I already know. Thought, what game did I used to play?

So I guess I’m back. S3d is still fun, little bit ghost town like on the servers today. But I got to play a few games with Alice and ArmorWraith. I forgot how much I liked this game. I stopped playing years ago because I ended up living in my van for … a while :/

Not sure I will have the time to jump back into modding and all that, ArmorWraith seems to have raised the bar! The game has changed a bit since I was last around, it looks awesomer and has tons of little tweaks. It’s great to see all kinds of folks around at least a bit, from years ago.

Thanks Gavin for keeping on this game, I’m sure you aren’t making much money and I am so thankful I didn’t find out s3d was a dead project. I will try to donate some loot in the near future, been a long time since I donated last.

PS: I still suck at this game. Can we still call rollering yourself cbx’ing ?

See you old farts on the servers, I’ll be the tank that keeps exploding.

Chopper
    Participant

Old guys DO rule and not many here older than my butt.
    And yeah, AW is amazing….gives me hope for the younger generation. =D>

Just played over a game with two guys and nobody else showed up!
    And this is Sunday!
    Lettum kill me some since I’m a target apparently….Got tired of being hogged and whacking back at shields…….showed the weiners what Hammertime is.. :mrgreen:
    welcome back IO

zombie
    Participant

nice discussion among scorch lovers. One thing i add, though i do not know whether it is practically possible , or not, as i do not know much computer. Can we tranfer this game to other platform like smartphones / tablet and can play in same server, means, one player with pc, another with tablet or phone can play each other. Nowdays phones / tablets has become hardware rich with quad core processor, 2GB RAM , up to 1 GB grahic card and screen full HD and beyond, full flash player support in few , while full HTML 5 support in others. With upcoming window 8 the demarcation between pc / tablet / smartphone will further blurr. The annual sale of tablets/ smartphone is up at the cost of pc. When an simple game ‘Angry Birds’ , which has just 2D shooting , can become so popular, why not our Scorched 3D. It is just an idea. 🙂

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@zombie wrote:

nice discussion among scorch lovers. One thing i add, though i do not know whether it is practically possible , or not, as i do not know much computer. Can we tranfer this game to other platform like smartphones / tablet and can play in same server, means, one player with pc, another with tablet or phone can play each other. Nowdays phones / tablets has become hardware rich with quad core processor, 2GB RAM , up to 1 GB grahic card and screen full HD and beyond, full flash player support in few , while full HTML 5 support in others. With upcoming window 8 the demarcation between pc / tablet / smartphone will further blurr. The annual sale of tablets/ smartphone is up at the cost of pc. When an simple game ‘Angry Birds’ , which has just 2D shooting , can become so popular, why not our Scorched 3D. It is just an idea. 🙂

Hey Z man!

Don’t get hung up on the ‘quad-core processor’ bit, comparing 4 oranges to 4 melons is a bit silly.
    Mobile hardware is from the ultra Low Voltage range == very little power usage, but also very low performance when compared to the desktop or even laptop.
    2GB RAM on a tablet/smartphone? WHERE?
    1GB RAM for Video card? WHERE?
    The RAM for the video chip on a portable device is taken from the main CPU RAM and the last I saw, that was only 256MB from 1GB leaving 768MB for the main CPU.

The problem with porting Scorched to the mobile arena is that it’s a significantly different platform for coding with different software residing on it/available for it. Scorched relies on many MANY other bits of code from software other people have written and maintained which just is not available on iOS/Android.
    When Windows 8 tablets come out, it might be a possablity (certainly with Intel Atom chips), but I’m unsure at this time of how it’ll work with the ARM/RISC processors. Macs used to use RISC processors, but Scorched does not support them, only the newer Intel x86 Macs.

Also, tablet vs desktop wouldn’t really work either. Imagine how long it would take to aim without a keyboard & mouse, let alone chatting aswel. The timer would have to be increased quite a bit which would bore the hell outta the desktop players, or leave soo much time for chatting that the mobile guys would miss almost all the conversations.

It’s like where there’s been talk of and work done to allow console gamers to play with/against PC gamers.
    I just doesn’t work on anything but flying/driving games because keyboard&mouse is so superior for inputs and even if console gamers got keyboards and mice, it’s unlikely they’d have a desk for using them, so would be handicapped (believe me, it’s been tried and the worst PC gamers still beat the best console gamers).

There is a scorched earth for Android / iPhone and a 3d version aswell, but AFAIK they’re not compatible with this Scorched and as I said, they’re clunky to use.

zombie
    Participant

thanks for info PR. I often play scorched with my 5 yr old pc with windows xp, 1.2 ghz core to duo and 512 mb RAM and no additional graphic card, obviously i have to reduce my graphic setting , but still i can play. Though not tried but latest ICS (adroid 4.1 ) gives multiple graphic setting. As far as input device many tab support keyboard with usb on go. Obviously the game changer will be windows 8 , when many tablet can be changed to decent laptop by just adding keyboard and mouse. And this is not very far, probably one year , may be two. 🙂

Thrax
    Participant

You have 4 melons!! Lucky SOB!! 😛

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@zombie wrote:

thanks for info PR. I often play scorched with my 5 yr old pc with windows xp, 1.2 ghz core to duo and 512 mb RAM and no additional graphic card, obviously i have to reduce my graphic setting , but still i can play. Though not tried but latest ICS (adroid 4.1 ) gives multiple graphic setting. As far as input device many tab support keyboard with usb on go. Obviously the game changer will be windows 8 , when many tablet can be changed to decent laptop by just adding keyboard and mouse. And this is not very far, probably one year , may be two. 🙂

Remember, a 1.2Ghz dual core CPU of today will batter your 1.2Ghz dual core from 5 years ago which would batter a 2.4Ghz single core from 5 years before that.

The clock rate, core count, cache size etc really don’t say much about performance capabilities and that’s when comparing desktop apples, with desktop apples.
    Mix in mobile melons and it’s no wonder people are always getting confused.

And yes, tablets with keyboard/mouse are cool. I would love an Asus Transformer T7xx, but alas, WAy too much money, however, it would take away the input issues, but won’t help those on phones wanting to play during their hour long trip to work each morning.

Oh and I only have 2 Melons.
    Don’t know anyone with 4 yet, most only have 1 or 2 😉

Chopper
    Participant

how in the flip-flop could ya see this game on a phone…….hell Im having a hard time seeing it on my 17″ laptop. Which btw is runni ggreat on this newest scorch version…..still a tad laggy on the green islands but waaaaaaaaaaay better than it was. 8)

I like how alot of names coming back, maybe one day we’ll have a line outside of main.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

I like how alot of names coming back, maybe one day we’ll have a line outside of main.

Been there, done that!

Acid22
    Participant

:-“

Chopper
    Participant

wow…acid checking in………hows the pubs? 8)

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Chop! Long time no see! I’ve been away for far too long… after my 6-year-old Shuttle cube finally died and I set up a recently-retired C2Q 8200 board to take its place, I decided to install good ol’ Scorch… and… Nobody on the servers? I went onto beginners, started pulverizing bots, only to have a newcomer join. He didn’t stay long. 😕

I’ll try to be on main tonight around 7PM CDT (00:00 UTC)… hope some old-timers show up!

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I’ll keep an eye on the servers (as usual).

we’ve reached the point CC that there’s not enough people for someone to always be there, hence noone joins/sticks around.

need to reach critical mass again, but to do that, we need to reach critical mass :s

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Well, I’m here and waiting you bunch of cowardly bastages!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.