This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

sfx
    Participant

This is my first atempt to post my tanks so if it don’t work i will be open for sugestions.(be easy 😯 ).I used blender and im still learning so here are the two that i have done.got a nother in the works but i need to reasearch blender a little more so i can make it the way i want it.
    not bad for a NOOB

Deathstryker
    Participant

The only real criticism I have is on the top example. You might lower the amount of sides on the turret gun. It looks like you have about 16 sides. Considering, it’s so small on the map, you could probably get away with about 10… maybe even 8. This will help reduce the poly count and keep the game running more smoothly of course.

Also, may I move this topic to the mods and modeling section of the site? If you really want to keep it here, I’ll leave it alone though.

sfx
    Participant

Hey thanks for the criticism..really i need all i can get. you wer right about the sides 16.please move this whear ever it should be.
    thanks 8)

The AI
    Participant

nice to see someone makin’ tanks sfx, I tried wraping my head around blender once, as I said, once. if you need a list of tank models, bullet models, and other random stuff to take up your time, holler, I got a long list…

KTM Rider
    Participant

Ooh, very nice. Perhaps you should speak to Thrax about adapting some of your models once you are satisfied with them, so they don’t just sit in the recesses of the forum, collecting dust.

I won’t pretend that I have any knowledge about modeling. I can only offer what my eyes tell me. But I really like that scorpion. The only suggestion I’d make is to make his legs a bit skinnier. He looks a bit thick-legged…

So are you gonna just model whatever pops into your mind, or would you like suggestions? I’m sure the Scorched community can come up with some good ones!

Good luck!

cbx550f
    Participant

That’s a good start!

Nice to see someone reads the docs too – loving that tank at the top! 😉

I might recommend using “Auto-smooth” in Blender to smooth out the scorpion a bit (with the mesh selected, hit F9 to access the buttons menu, then click “Auto-smooth”). It’ll smooth the look of the angles, but still keep the sharp points.

Cheers

cbx

Berem
    Participant

I put to you the 2d-3d topic some texturing help and here I show you what can man made with blender 😀 and always use the merge command to decrease your shapes polygon you find it in edit mode with pressing “w”.

sfx
    Participant

Berem nice work.but texture maping for some reason is confusing the crap out of me. if i keep workin on it i WILL get it 💡 im sure

thanks…SFX

cbx550f
    Participant

@sfx wrote:

Berem nice work.but texture maping for some reason is confusing the crap out of me. if i keep workin on it i WILL get it 💡 im sure

thanks…SFX

It’s a bit tricky to get the hang of… not hard, really, just a bit odd until you figure it out. Sometime I’ll try to put a bit in the Wiki about it…. don’t hold your breath though. 😉

sfx
    Participant

Berem,Cbx, THANKS-for all your help, and of course with the help of MYself. Just a little more time and bingo ill have it.but for now…..
    “CHECK THIS OUT”

Berem
    Participant

Yesss you did it 😉 I can gratuate you and now you must only practice and practice, to get more experience in 3D modelling.
    You will do better modells with time, like we do now 😉 Go go go…

cbx550f
    Participant

Man I miss alot of posts these days….

Good job, sfx. Excellent way to learn – by taking a simple tutorial much farther. 🙂

cbx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.