This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ebonite 12 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Tonight, the server’s been incredibly laggy, and I keep getting messages like “Net loop took 21.74 seconds, client BIGNUM” where BIGNUM decodes to an IP address of 24.78.105.x (Shaw Cable, Calgary). I’m on 24.14.210.x (Comcast Chicago area). Is this really a client problem, or is the server simply too loaded (or getting DoS’ed)?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Which server?
    Are you running a server?

Ebonite
    Participant

The regular Scorched3D server. had about 15 people on it.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Do you guys see the “Net loop took 21.74 seconds, client x” messages on your clients then??

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Yes, in the white typeface typical of server messages. I’m not running a server, in any case.

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Also, after I finally got lagged out one too many times on the official non-team server, I popped over to the official team server that night as well, and also got those “net loop” messages with the exact same client address, even though there were only four players in the team game.

Ebonite
    Participant

i’ve been getting those this morning, and just now I got disconnected with a “Read failed for buffer chunk” message. funny thing is, three chat messages came in before the “Disconnected” message popped up

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Sorry my mistake I wasn’t thinking.

You only send and recieve messages to/from the server, not from anyone else. The only persons net response time you can see is your own. The “large number” is not your ip address but rather the servers socket number which won’t mean much on the client, but makes more sense in the server logs.

What this means is the link is taking a long time to either send or recieve packets. This could be because of a slow link (downloading files at the same time) or a busy/congested server.

Keep me posted if the situation continues.

Ebonite
    Participant

ok, had that happen again this evening, say about 9:00 PM PST, or 5:00 AM GMT

i guess i’m client number 464894552

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.