This topic contains 194 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  The AI 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

FREAK
    Participant

I need a new sound list so bad!

I wanna repay you man!

The AI
    Participant

I got some explosions that should be interesting, take a look:

The AI
    Participant

just to update, with 41 beta out, and my internet dead (its dumb luck that I am able to post), a 41 beta neg beta will be delayed (more than it already is)

Oh, and freak, what were the sounds that you were working on before? if I remember right, we talked in-server about them, so I don’t have anything written down

Also, does anyone know of (or is) someone who would be willing to work with me for the UI? it isn’t a major thing right now, but I figured that I might as well get a poke out here

ORCACommander
    Participant

nice i see you have mastered my explosion generator fairly quickly

The AI
    Participant

thanks, actually only three of those were made with exgen, the rest I made by hand a long time ago,

The AI
    Participant

just wanted to give an empty update, neg has been coasting for a bit, but hopefully I will be able to pull the happy handle (aka throttle, just got back from a race) and get some more work done.

The AI
    Participant

neg is really slowing down lately, I am getting in over my head a bit in the Xml, if I can’t shanghi anyone into help, which I am adverse to, I might just help someone else with exgen work and such.

The AI
    Participant

I have a map question: is it possible to use glowmaped textures on scorched maps? Also, is it possible to import unquine sky boxes? I am a tad ignorant about the map side of things

jdog
    Participant

@The AI wrote:

I have a map question: is it possible to use glowmaped textures on scorched maps?

Don’t think so.

@The AI wrote:

Also, is it possible to import unquine sky boxes? I am a tad ignorant about the map side of things

What do you mean by sky boxes?

Brain Damage
    Participant

sky boxes are a cube-mapped hemisphere wich represent panoramas in 180° with all the surround/sky

atm scorched only supports flat sky layer, you notice it at the horizont point or by watching the clouds moving like a rolling film on a flat surface

skyboxes are like standard by usage format for sky/panormas in 3d apps

The AI
    Participant

hmmm, then would it be possible to change/edit the sky layer?

just thought of something, would it be possible to add new sky/roof types via force-ware (aka script extender thingy) and blugdeon scorched into doing it?

Brain Damage
    Participant

scorched lacks of a proper flexible scripting engine, when/if i’ll have a month of free time 😛 , i’ll look @ the lua engine wich is de facto the most used for games because of it’s simplicty & speed

about the sky layer, check the wiki:

data/textures/landscape/default/cloud1.bmp
    data/textures/landscape/default/cloud1m.bmp

for the moving clouds

data/textures/clearsky.bmp

for the static background behind them

The AI
    Participant

thanks, I will have to mess with that, I might be able to get some screens up of some (two) of the maps I made, they aren’t much, but I came upon them randomly.
    I am still wishing for a s3dse though 😀

doom
    Participant

can you post a 40.1 beta?

The AI
    Participant

I have not gathered enough resources to commit to a full beta yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.