This topic contains 194 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  The AI 9 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Thrax
    Participant

@The AI wrote:

The point of that map is to be cave-like, I am thinking of
    a more building like building next, perhaps with some forms of
    cover, if I can track down the models.

Or conversely, I could make a map will all the objects and such on
    the roof, wouldn’t fit in neg, but would be funny.

Sounds like just the kind of thing to fit the newly converted Roof-Mod. 😀
    Apoc style cities on the cieling. Total Vertigo~~~

Anyone got a Model of an Anvil? CBX had one in.. but that version
    got lost somewhere.

The AI
    Participant

hmmm, what about in scorch wars? Boids that shoot crawling on the roof.

All of that aside, I am still some what want for ideas. The blender/wings question still stands, I need to know if I should change my direction, blender and wings are different animals.

The anvil comment brings up a thought of mine, it seems that the latest person I have been working with has disappeared, no clue where he went. I still have my brain full of tanks, and I have a few things I am in need of the maps I have lined up.

If I cannot get in contact with the one I was working with I will put my help wanted avatar back up. Until then I am looking under the table.

It looks like I will need to learn the placement system, but fear not, it will be worth it.

S-killZ
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

Anyone got a Model of an Anvil?

i will make one for you if you want! 😀 Making an anvil sounds fun! 😀

I will pm it to you! 😛

Rommel
    Participant

Hmmmm, for a cave – How about the boid bats. Have them hanging up there dropping acid guano until disturbed. You disturb them they attack.

@The AI wrote:

hmmm, what about in scorch wars? Boids that shoot crawling on the roof.

All of that aside, I am still some what want for ideas. The blender/wings question still stands, I need to know if I should change my direction, blender and wings are different animals.

The anvil comment brings up a thought of mine, it seems that the latest person I have been working with has disappeared, no clue where he went. I still have my brain full of tanks, and I have a few things I am in need of the maps I have lined up.

If I cannot get in contact with the one I was working with I will put my help wanted avatar back up. Until then I am looking under the table.

It looks like I will need to learn the placement system, but fear not, it will be worth it.

I must go eat now. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

The AI
    Participant

Counter balancing the fact that I will confuse you to no end, with the fact that I need to type this out load. It would be a roost of Siloct on the roof, I could perhaps work that into a map…….

The AI
    Participant

Small update, still nothing from the last person I was working with for tanks and models, but still hope (that wouldn’t prevent me from taking any help that is offered though) remains.

I ask yet again about what support there is for wings3d. All of my learning as of yet is on hold until I get that answer.

Small jab out to freak, if he is still around as of yet. It looks like I didn’t ever get your full sound pack, so if you still have it I would be very grateful.

A general jab out to all who could know this. would thrust or drag carry on to a roller?

One other thing, some how in the change from 41 to 41.1 the ability to use custom water textures and cube maps went out the window. Any clue on how to get around this?

ORCACommander
    Participant

@KTM Rider wrote:

Yep, much better lookin’ AI. So are you going to add Eye Candy to the map to make it look a bit less… blank?

I just had an interesting idea. Too bad tanks had to conform to the laws of physics, because it would be quite interesting to drive on the ceiling of that map. I need to stop reading Scott Card…..

LOL Have I spotted another Ender’s Game fan?

hmm this style of map would pretty much kill rollers except on ramps or stairs. hmm anyway to get funkies fly very horizontal?

doom
    Participant

ooh, that series is good, anyway, is this mod out yet? I’m not sure because of the lack of screen shots posted.

The AI
    Participant

Heh, make that two Wiggin fans.

I am thinking instead of funkies, I am thinking something a tad more within theme, like a massive shard of crystal, I just need to retex a model I have for it.

For the roller comment, it would make the roller all that more special, instead of a staple weapon, it would be for the proper times, I have figured out (I think) how to turn them into grenades, bounce ’em around corners, over cover, air burst ’em.

I jab yet again for info to of whether or not scorched supports wings3d models. I might need to re-learn that which is blender anyway, but I am not near making all I need for neg. that translates into a want for a modeler, but I might have found one, here is to hoping

KTM Rider
    Participant

Heh, yep, ORCA. AI got me into the series. We ate the Ender series right up. The later books led to some interesting discussions of theology. I just finished Ender’s Shadow. It wonderful. Simpler than Scott Card’s more recent works, but it fleshes out Ender’s Game to whole new dimensions. I’m gonna have to get the rest of the Shadow series, as Bean takes over the world with Peter.

What about zero gravity? Is that possible? For that matter, what about the goal-post idea for a goal-driven map? Bum-rush to the other side of the map, while stopping your enemies. That is where mines would be wicked. 😈

The AI
    Participant

The model that I had wasn’t as shard-like as I thought. It seems like the list grows longer.

I might use the goal post idea. That and a 1-F CTF.

For doom, the mod isn’t out yet, it is going through a major re-working in order to more truly the mission directive.

The choice to re-work most of neg into the building-style maps that I have discovered was hard. But it will allow a more team based, and tactical mod. The atmosphere of a low ceilinged, dark corridor with a faint gray light in the distance and twisting halls going off to the sides is great. Then once I can get ahold of a modeler, add black twisting vines on the ceiling and blocking parts of hallways to the imagery above.

Going over to the building style maps add a unique feel to all of the mod, it truly feels that it is something different. The maps I made before the switch might have looked good, but they do not truly change the entire way you play. As of yet I have not seen someone replicate building-style maps* but it would not be hard to replicate the ones created before the switch. * if you have, send me a picture, and we could possibly collaborate on more of them

FREAK
    Participant

Man I can’t wait for to play n that cave map!

Need any cave sounds AI?

I can try and get some ready in time for when my next sound pack is all set to go. (footsteps pack)

The AI
    Participant

Answered via PM.

I must note that any plot questions (for I have a plot) should be place in the neg post within thrax’s forum, you must create an account in order to view the full forum. I intend to use that thread as a more development focused thread, with this one as the updates for information and screen shots.

FREAK
    Participant

AI.

IDK if you are working on weapons at the moment.

Seems like you are working more on maps and models.

If you’d like I can work on the weapons somehow.

The AI
    Participant

I do seem to me caught up in maps a lot these days. That and trying to track down a modeler, I will be putting up the avatar today I think.

For weapons I seem to be making more lists than weapons them selves. Right now my list seems to be composed of: figuring out how to implement weapon ranges whilst retaining what I can pass off as realism; and procrastinating about making a load of drive-and-shoot weapons.

On top of that I am trying to figure out the correct ways to make buildings, how close to have the walls, how to make clean lines, how to figure out the correct bevel between the and the and general layout of the rooms.

That is all compiled by the lack of models. For example, with the ability of alpha found, that gives me the ability to create certain effects with projectiles, but I don’t have the such said model, so I cannot complete the weapon.

Most weapon development has stopped with the process of changing to buildings beginning, mostly because I have not updated my helpers lately on the changes. So I have not been able to truly test the mod.

also, those willing to help can also be helped in return, I still have exgen
    So if you wish to help… Take this all as a big yes.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.