This topic contains 194 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  The AI 9 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

The AI
    Participant

This may seem random, but it is truly not.
    I need a consensus on what all are the hardest shots to make it scorched, whether it be dependant on terrain, shield, wind, or something I have not thought of. Also, along with hard, ineffective, ways of using weapons in which they are flawed.

Also, something that truly is random, what style of music do you think would fit neg? I am in no sense an audio person, my speakers aren’t even on most of the time, so I am not the best judge of such things.

ORCACommander
    Participant

force five or greater winds with the player behind terrain upwind of you.

KTM Rider
    Participant

Music, what do you mean you don’t listen to music, ai? I’m honestly surprised Princey can’t hear my music, let alone you.

Hmm…. With your sci-fi/fantasy/messed-up theme concept, I’d say you need music to match it. There are a bunch of free music websites out there that the people would be more than happy to allow you to use their music. One of my favorites is jamendo.com. You just have to ask for permission if you find anything. Although with our connection, it might be hard to find some.

A good back-up is always Def Leppard. Tip-toe Through the Tulips could be good, too.

Oh, and the hardest shot to make is aiming at BigFX. 😀

The AI
    Participant

Whilst I hear your music, I do not define your music KTM.
    I was wondering if anyone knew/is/related to someone that I could convince to help.

I have created a way to get past the pesky things like force five winds and a hill. (and in the process discovered that with force three, into the wind, at a 79.4 degree angle with max power isn’t smart)These things are no longer an issue, you will simply need to learn how to aim this new weapon.

I am also balancing an additional weapon to kill those twitchy players.

The AI
    Participant

Quick little update. just got back from another trip to the twilight zone, but I am not sure if I truly am, I should know whats going on in a few days.

Work is coming together quite well, I am near to the point of assembling tank sets, right now is the shalk vanguard (seen in tattered essence pics), I have a few more special weapons to make for it (I have a phosphorus type weapon in my head right now) and in a while (it might be a week though, who knows) I might have a stat pic of it.

Other than than, nothing major, if you have any idea that you think would fit into neg post it here or poke me, and if you have any hard to make shots/circumstances post it as well, interesting things will come of it. I am also open to music suggestions.

Catch you all on the flip side.

The AI
    Participant

Bit of an update; neg will be having music, not sure to what level yet, but if you are familiar with the Znamenny chants, they are some of my insperation. It is just a small matter on the composition side of things, I, nor my helper has the required instrumentation so this will be done intirely pc side, unless I can track down a choir and orestrah that works for peanuts.

Another map update, I have figured out how to make intereror structures, so you all will be having some fun.

On the tank side of things, stuff has been going slow, I need to get some more work done on that aspect. Yet hopefully there is another tank in the wings.

If you want plot content, I have a small possible venue for that over on thrax’s forum, over there is the Q&A/plot/other non-scorch-ish parts, just ask for them there, its a small crowd.

KTM Rider
    Participant

its a small crowd

Heh heh, you’re funny AI. Its a minuscule crowd. There are only six members. We need more people!

The AI
    Participant

I guess I should also tell you where the forum is…. it might be helpful.
    http://advguild.myftp.org:8080/

I must note again that on thrax’s forum it is less about the s3d aspects and more the plot, background, history, and Q&A.

Also, you have to log in to see everything.

That aside, there hasn’t been much to update about, I am figuring out the phosphorus weapon slowly, but there is still forward movement. I still have no new updates on the next tank in the wings, I have no clue what is going on for it, so who knows its state.

The map side of things have been at a stand still, most of my time has been figuring out the map competition in the news section, but I have figured out the interior map idea quite well, it will be interesting to see if any of you can guess it.

a quick viewer question, would you prefer more larger, outside maps, or more smaller, interior maps?

The AI
    Participant

An unfortunate update.
    I am in need of a new modeler, I am not sure for as of yet how long, but most likely for a while. This is more than just a request of a tank or two, I have no skill at all for modeling, so the list is – of course – long.
    I have plenty of information for tank (and other) design, enough that it would flood this forum, so if anyone is willing, most of the conversation will not take place here.

As it seems that I am not working alone, I might as well put a poke out for sound work. My mic is tethered to my PC, limiting greatly any sound work I can do with what skill that I don’t truly possess.

Other than that. Not much to update, I am assembling more weapons and information on the shalk vanguard than I predicted. But that could be taken as a good thing.

If any of you are having issues getting to thrax’s forum, its down.

The AI
    Participant

41 is out, now I get the fun task of converting, it will be fun, trust me. I still haven’t found a modeler (or any of the other mentioned positions of needed help) so my avatar stays.

Once I convert, pictures will be up, it should look great, if it runs.

Not much else, head on over to the news section, the map competition and 41 links are to be found there.

The AI
    Participant

This is a time fitting for evil laughter, I have neg converted to 41, but no screens yet, I need to polish a bit.

In that aspect, I must ask for the wisdom of someone who knows the code of 41, I have a few gaps in my understanding, and a wiki isn’t up yet (a wiki I would be willing to help with) so here I ask, it is mainly the new water, for wave height, I am wondering at the limits/abilities of it, and what in the name of bob is the logic, once I find its innate logic, I should be able to figure it all out.

The maps went quick, what will take time is bot code, the oh so wonderful bot code, it should be interesting to see what I can do with it. My avatar is down, for the main position that I was hiring for is taken, the others remain open. But not majorly needed at this point in time.

Other than that, I ask you all to think of the map competition, we need more people. Scorched needs more maps.

Bobirov
    Participant

@The AI wrote:

I have a few gaps in my understanding, and a wiki isn’t up yet (a wiki I would be willing to help with)

Hmm, a good point. Might it be time to add a few of the new modders to the wiki group to help maintain it? 🙂

ORCACommander
    Participant

hey Ai could you make a map making tutorial? I am pretty sure the wiki one is completely out of date now.

The AI
    Participant

I might be forced into making one, once I figure out how everything works in 41. Also, the other wiki’s need an update, some have small typos, and others don’t cover 41 at all. For example, it is not stated that you cannot make a square mag, now in my quest to make a square mag I found something that I am going to take to my grave with me, but still, I did not see any reason why it could not be possible at that time. Then again, that might just be me.

A different note on the same tilt, do 41 rollers collide?

ORCACommander
    Participant

@The AI wrote:

A different note on the same tilt, do 41 rollers collide?

lol nice pun

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.