This topic contains 194 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  The AI 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

The AI
    Participant

Low all, this post is about the mod I am working on, negetivity (neg for short) is losely based upon a book concept I got bouncing around my head, the main focus is four sides, light, shadow, nought (complete nothingness), and gvral (absolute matter). I am not XML savy and this mod is pre-alpha, but I figured that I might as well give a shout about it, if you got a concept or advice, holler, any and all will help.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Welcome to the Scorched 3D forums.

Wish you luck on the Mod.

The AI
    Participant

thanks, I figured that I might as well get this on the forums, instead of poking thrax at all hours of the day with “can this work” or “if I do this”. hopefully I wil be able to get this some where, nothin’ like a baptism by fire

FREAK
    Participant

You can poke me!

I will be glad to help!

Overload me with questions!

I will be glad to help!

Ask me how to fire!

I will be glad to help!

Shoot me with a baby missile!

I will be glad to shot you with my nuke!

The AI
    Participant

heh thanks freak, the amount of replies I’ve gotten in the last twelve minutes shows alot, getting down to the mod itself, I have been wondering; for a melee weapon (swars saber like) it is done with a laser, the problem is, how would I use a dirrerent mesh (some of my terminology is TES4, so) I know that some weaps like the BFG (merg) are done different, but I have no clue how.

Brain Damage
    Participant

lasers are an hardcoded mesh

to have a more “customizable” effect, you could try to recreate a smilar shape with explosions

create a weapon who translates & places small explosions are regular distance using weaponexplosion & weapontranslate

if the gap between explosions is much smaller than the explosion radius, it will resemble a rod

remember to put such thing in a repear loop to prevent the explosion fading to make the rod to disappear

Thrax
    Participant

@Brain Damage wrote:

lasers are an hardcoded mesh
    to have a more “customizable” effect, you could try to recreate
    a smilar shape with explosions
    create a weapon who translates & places small explosions are
    regular distance using weaponexplosion & weapontranslate
    if the gap between explosions is much smaller than the explosion
    radius, it will resemble a rod
    remember to put such thing in a repear loop to prevent the
    explosion fading to make the rod to disappear

ie.. Fusion-beam.

Weapons that are Pulse lasers like the BFG etc, are a small piece of laser
    stepped along by a series of translates.. in a smooth enough stream that
    they look like one flowing object.

overlapping several sizes of lasers can simulate a more ovoid shaped
    pulse, but i’ve found that also raises the resources needed by a lot for
    each layer.

doom
    Participant

I suggest renaming any (but not all) weapons you import into it. redoing the icon colors is also good.

The AI
    Participant

thanks for the explane BD and thrax, a set of explosions would give the effect of a melee weapon, and it is apparent that it will have to do, but it might be a tad hard to form a khukuri with explosions 🙂 on your comment doom, I made no reference to using any weapons from other mods, I was merely using an example.

The AI
    Participant

just a small update, after poking thrax some, I had an idea for a weapon (that I am making). it is a low flying electrical storm, figured I should say something about it, also I have made a ice storm sorta thing, also, having I had a large “doh” moment two minutes ago, instead of trying to build a blade out of explosions, I could just make a explosion, you don’t need to tell a blades tang in game, so I am wraping my head (and MSpaint) around that today, I am also begining to quest for some models for tanks and such, but only starting,

Thrax
    Participant

@The AI wrote:

I am also begining to quest for some models for
    tanks and such, but only starting,

There are many members here that are masters of
    modeling, it’s possible they have a few cast-offs that
    would be wicked if put to good use.

What sort of projectile models, placements, or tanks
    would you have in mind?

doom
    Participant

I could use some demonic projectiles.

The AI
    Participant

well, my main thing is tanks, it would seem odd for a pelican to be using the hand of god. the models for light and shadow are pretty simple, but for nought and gvral, they are concepts of my own. But I might as well give a description, for nought I was thinking something done like the gost tank from classic (but not the gost tank from classic) done in a psudo humaniod shape. For gvral my ideas are a tad more abstract, mainly along the lines of a non humanoid, big sorta organic looking creature. oh also (I just remembered) I am looking to do a scale of models, so with shadow for example, it would be: darkling, halfling, desendant, demon, lesser aspect, greater aspect. For projectiles, my ideas are coming as I make the weapons, but things like: hooks, shapes of flame (hands and such), a new roller (something smaller), long body projectiles (spears of nought), spheres (gray matter) and so on

The AI
    Participant

just to note, I got a new PC so I am still sorting out files. Oh and freak, I heard say that you do stuff with sound, do tell 😀

FREAK
    Participant

You bet!

You need a sound I make you that sound…

Gimme a list of sounds you need or may need…

Note-Please realize that sounds are very hard to make…

It may take some time before I get you one.

But don’t worry…

You will get it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.